Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i'm 5 weeks post op as of today (: anybody else 5 weeks or 6 weeks post op? how are you all doing?

i'll start off with me, eh, could be A WHOLE LOT BETTER! im schedualed for a fill on the 16th but i dont think im ready for it yet, not with my stupid nausea, that doesnt seem to go away and im taking my nausea pills, that alone makes me frustrated, other than feeling nauseated, i feel fine. hope i dont have that for the rest of my life, but for some people they have nausea for a few months right? my dr said try eating a pickle, he had a patient that went home one night ate a pickle and felt great! is it cause of the vineger? and the nausea is the only thing thats making me upset, its making me lose hope in getting back to myself and feeling 100% wonderfull ahh! my incissions are healing fine, but have hives around them and itchy dr said he didnt know what was causing it and he didnt know what was causing the nausea. i gotta go #2 (lol sorry tmi) and i cant! maybe thats another reason why my stomach hurts. i'll take a softener when i get home from getting my lip pierced. i had soggy Cereal for Breakfast yesturday its go lean kashi or something like that, i tried a string cheese yesturday with turkey breast deli wrapped around it had like 3 bites and i couldn't eat it anymore, i dont think i was hungry. i had a chicken leg for dinner with my fav BBQ Sauce and i fed most of it to the dog and cats, it tasted good though. today i didnt have anything for breakfast, i cant decide on anything, but im gonna have string cheese, i wasnt too hungry for breakfast, anyways i feel fine other than having nausea, i hope it goes away, how are all you guys doing? :smile2:

This is only my personal opinion here :smile2:... If you can't go #2, NO more cheese! That is really not gonna help with that. cheese is very binding.

Good luck, Erin! Hope things get better soon.

I had to use milk of magnesia a couple of times. Now I eat Fiber one Cereal in the am. just 1 ounce and 5 dried apricots. I am not having the nausea but I did have the sluggish colon. I am three weeks post surgery.

ThePoolGirl- haha okay, i dont think my stomach agrees with it anyways, so i'll take that out (:

prgb- everyone is lucky not having the nausea, thats not fair. anyways its kinda hurting there, i have ducalax (however you spell that) stool softener, maybe i should try that

Hey! I'm almost at 5 weeks and am feeling pretty good. I have the same type of thing around my incisions. They're not very itchy but a little red and flaky. The doctor said they looked normal so I'm trying not to worry myself. Milk of Magnesia was my method of choice for not being able to do my duty. I took it for a couple days in weeks one and two but haven't had to since. Not being able to go to the bathroom can actually make you feel naseuous so maybe that's contributing. Try adding some milled flax seed to your yogurt (or anything creamy really). The nutritionist said it was a good fiber choice because it's already broken down. Also, the high fiber wheat thins instead of crackers. They're really tasty and may help keeping you regular. As for the pickle...YES...it totally can help an upset stomach. My little brother actually turned me onto pickle juice when I was younger and I started to notice that whenever I had any nausea, it was the only thing that could make it feel better.

Anyone stalled in their weight loss right now? I hit the 21 lb mark then stopped losing and actually gained a few pounds back. I know this is the healing time but I'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing this or has any tips about it.

i'm at one month and 4 days currently post surgery. so far am down 30 lbs and a pant size which is exciting. i've never experience any of the nausea symptoms and thank god for that. i am not a fan of vomit, but then again who is lol.:sneaky:

my weight loss has begun to slow down compared to what it was initially, now i see a ounce drop here and a pound drop there but this is fine with me in all honesty. i am walking an hour every day and am enjoying it, go figure. i never though i'd type those words lol.

i find i am eating now out of obligation vs. anything associated with hunger or mental eating. it's an extremely odd concept to me but it seems that i am winning the mental war on eating for the time being at least.

my headahces have begun to subside but i personally feel they were due moreso to a mix of hormonal insanity with surgery and my birth control needing to be re-upped.

glad to hear everyone is doing great

its a big plus for the pickle cause i like them and i havent had a pickle since wayyy before surgery. and i'll try the fiber wheat thins

i know, nobody is a fan of vomitting, maybe i just have a weaker stomach to be causing the nausea? but i never had nausea like this unless i was extremely EXTREMELY nervous and thats very rare for me and i do think not being able to go #2 is making me feel nauseous too. i'm happy with how much i lost and i lost 16 (thats what the drs scale said and mine said i lost 17) but all together i lost 36 or 37, i could tell that my clothes are fitting better but i havent dropped a pant size yet, =/ cant wait :sneaky: walking makes me feel better too so atleast you enjoy it, you wont stop (: awesome with winning the mental eating, i've been getting headaches too and i dont know why, it could be the same thing as you tho, but i got my depo aug 17th

good job you guys tho (:

I am about 5 weeks post-op and just had my first fill yesterday. I feel perfect, like I never had surgery. I feel band you've been so sick. I am happy with my weight loss but can't wait until I feel retriction...

did they numb yours when you got your fill? That's awesome you feel good (: and it's ok, hope it'll go away then I'll be happy again (: that's good sometimes I feel full when I haven't even ate anything, then when I go for a walk I feel hungry it's funny

I feel soooo hungry when I'm exercising. It's almost painful how hungry I get. I try to eat something with a Protein and carb before working out and it sustains me for longer but I still get extremely hungry about 45 minutes into my time at the gym. It's been a little better since my nutritionist told me I needed to be eating more calories and more carbs but still happens. What's the numbing you're talking about?

yeah I get that too but I don't get it as much. The numbing I'm talking about is do they numb the spot before you get your fill, some Dr's do it and some don't, mine doesn't

it's my neices birthday party today, she turns 3 tomorrow, and I can't even enjoy it, something keeps making me feel sick to my stomach it's not fair!!! I was outside (it's beautiful out by the way) with everyone else and I was about to cry so I came in, not fair!! I feel like it won't go away my nausea pills seem like they're not even working I don't even know what to do anymore, I tried relaxing and calming down and all that but how can I if it never goes away?! Wish there was an exact answer to why I'm feeling sick/nauseated all the damn time, people say stop blaming the band, what If I'm alergic to it? I see my dr on the 16th hopefully I can last in school.... Ugh

You may also want to try sipping flat Coke, it has helped me a lot with nausea in the past. Make sure it is regular Coke, not diet. I normally just put a tiny bit in a glass and swirl it around for a minute or two to make it flat. Then just take very small sips (a couple of ounces should last you at least an hour). Hope this helps.

okay thanks I hope it helps too

Hey girl! Whoa, sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time. There was a period of time when I was under A LOT of stress (test, moving, new city) that I would get a burning, gnawing midepigastric pain with nausea, but it passed once I wasnt stressed anymore. I still have problems PBing and vomiting w/ the first bite of my food, but it goes away and I can eat again. I havent really mastered the art of slow eating yet. The only thing I have to ask...have u been tested for food allergies? Is there something new to your diet or increased in your diet since the surgery? Also, you can also have a form of IBS if you cycle btwn days of Constipation and days of diarrhea. I would cont adding stool softners regularly, but understand that they take some time to work.

Also w/ these headaches and N/V episodes have you had your blood sugar checked? It is another possiblity.

Just as an aside, is depo your choice BC because that will cause most women to gain weight...I think you are doing fine w/ weightloss and if you have been taking it for a long time w/o problems, then its prob ok.