Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is in 15 days!!!!! Sept 17th

Hey everyone!!

Just wanted to check this out for some support. I am getting more nervous as the day gets closer. It all happened pretty fast for me. My insurance was wonderful! I am so excited !! Look forward to reading everything everone has to say.:blushing:

Hi gatorgirl! Congratulations on your upcoming surgery!

We were all nervous as our surgery date approached. I was even laying on the operating table as they hooked me up think OMG what am I doing. I have to tell you...it was the best thing I ever did.

I had my insurance approval in 1 day and didn't have to go through the 6 months of waiting. I had my surgery pretty fast too.

Good luck to you, hopefully you will have an easy ride from here on out. Please make sure you follow your Drs. aftercare plan and diet. It is really important and they know what's best for you!

Hugs,

G'ma

Welcome to the board GatorGirl :blushing:

I am getting banded on Friday and so glad I decided to do this. :ohmy:

You will find a lot of great people, friendly and helpful on this board.

Also there is a Yahoo group for Sept bandsters to help us through this progress together.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/banded909/join

Glad to see you joining us for this journey. :tt1:

Cortney

YA~HOO!!! We will have the same band-day! Yeah -US!!! :blushing:

Wow!!! Thanks everyone for your encouraging words! I have not heard from one person that has had this done say they regretted it. so I am ready!!

I can't wait to start my new life. Did all of you have to do a 10 liquid diet before?:smile2:

I too am scheduled for the 17th, and VERY VERY nervous. Even maybe considering backing out. My insurance won't cover any weight loss procedure, so I am going to Mexico-self pay.

Yup... liquid diet... woo-hoo :mad:. I know it's all for the best though. Makes the liver smaller, easier to work around... don't want to create any additional problems for my surgeon... so drink, drink, drink... then pee, pee, pee... and for good measure... pee some more :sad:... which reminds me...

Lol!! You can definitely say the pee pee pee thing again! :mad:

Add me to the list of being banded on 9/17! I just found out yesterday and am going through alternating bouts of complete happiness to complete nervousness. It seems like I was waiting all summer for this date and now all of a sudden it's here and it's next week.

I'm really looking forward to a new life. Good luck everyone!

Ericka

Add me to the list of being banded on 9/17! I just found out yesterday and am going through alternating bouts of complete happiness to complete nervousness. It seems like I was waiting all summer for this date and now all of a sudden it's here and it's next week.

I'm really looking forward to a new life. Good luck everyone!

Ericka

Thats great news Ericka!!! I think we are all a little nervous but the excitement about my new life is out weighing the nervousness!! :thumbup: Are you on any type of pre op diet. It seems like the 17th is becoming a popular day! Look forward to being a part of your weight loss journey!!

Thats great news Ericka!!! I think we are all a little nervous but the excitement about my new life is out weighing the nervousness!! :blushing: Are you on any type of pre op diet. It seems like the 17th is becoming a popular day! Look forward to being a part of your weight loss journey!!

Hi gatorgirl. Thanks for the encouraging words. I am not on a pre-op diet as of yet. I just got the surgery date yesterday and I have the nutrition class tonight. Hopefully I'll find out tonight what I need to do for the pre-op diet (if anything). I was surprised to see how many people in this thread are having surgery on the 17th. I think that is really cool. We'll have to keep in touch with updates. :blush:

Ericka

I found out last night that my pre-op diet consists of 1 day of Clear Liquids. I feel very lucky that I only have to do 1 day. Especially after reading some of the posts on here that some people have to do 2 or 3 week pre-op diets.

Ericka

Hey, you are a gator girl?? I am going to NFRMC. Have been to seminar and getting psych evaluation. Please keep in touch and let me know how things progress. Good luck with your surgery this week!

UGH - so yesterday I came down with something nasty, was throwing up what little I was drinking... by the end of the day I was starving, but had a sensitive tummy. Was able to get some gatorade in me and some saltines. I know I am supposed to be on high Protein liquds, but my body would have revolted. So back to the liquids today, and am doing fine. Looking forward to Thursday!!!!! :)