Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are your NSV's ???

Heh heh. I just realized this is a scale victory, but what the hay. :scared2: I've gotten under 220. I haven't done that in well over 5 years. That means some weight under 200 is within my grasp here pretty quick and I can't wait!!! Yay!!! I love my band! :(

I was getting very frustrated that 35lbs lost and none of my co-workers had mention a damn thing !!! Well...FINALLY yesterday 2 of my co-workers said that it just dawned on them that I look great and so much thinner !! YAY !! Finally !! :)

The scale for me has stopped within the last 3 weeks....and I was bummed!!!! But i dont know i guess my body is trying to catch up with the weight loss because within the last week or so I have had to make a hole in my belt, my fitted shirts are no longer fitted, I can fit my nephew in some of my pants with me, and two days ago I was driving with my hand out the window and my watch shifted, I can now fit a finger between my watch and my wrist, which before I had to kinda squeeze my watch shut! So i guess pounds don't mean everything!

Congrats to u all!! My 2nd fill is next Thursday hopefully I will feel some restriction!

Yayy I got another one...my wedding band slips on and off sooo easily now ! Before I had to wedge it on and off..maybe soon I might just have to resize it !!!

Also I officially bought some L size shirts at oldnavy !1 WOW this time last year I was in XXL !!

Former FC,

I know before the surgery my wedding rings were so tight. Now they slide on and off with ease. Also, my feet and head have gotten smaller. Don't laugh. I have a straw hat would not fit now I can pull it down over my head. I am fellin' great!!! I am down to 192 and I have a large shirt and it fits well!!

Band75, that is awesome !! and dont feel bad my feet shrunk as well, I can fit shoes that before I couldnt so your head shrinking isnt as weird as you think !!

ENjoy it !!

I had a somewhat different NSV today!

I took my mom to have her knee replacement surgery today at the same hospital that my lapband surgery was performed.

We followed the same route that we did the day of my surgery, same nurses, same waiting rooms in pre-op and recovery. My mom's bed was even in the same spot in the pre-op area that I was! We were in reversed roles today though.

My lapband Dr. does his surgeries on Wednesdays, so I saw him there, he hugged me (he is so sweet) and even said he would check in on my mom to see how she is doing later. I saw him come in and out of the surgical waiting area throughout the morning telling the famiy members that "their surgeries went well". It really made me feel good to know that I had gone through it, was doing well and down 33 lbs since I started my pre-op diet on 8/15. The weight may be coming off very slowly at this point, but it IS coming off. :crying:

I met a couple other patients who were anxiously anticipated the procedure while waiting and shared my experiences and that the anticipation was so much more than the actual surgery and recovery over the coming weeks. I even showed my scars and how good they are doing. :thumbup:

I felt like I made a trip back to where it all began and it felt so good!! I really felt proud to have had the procedure and to be moving forward. It was motivating too! :(

Meanwhile.. mom's surgery went VERY well, she now has a full set of two artificial hips and knees..a bionic woman! Darn arthritis.. hope it doesn't hit me that hard later in life!

DH and I went to the movies this past Saturday night.... usually, I have to lift the armrest between us, so that the seat and armrest don't pinch me! Sometimes I could put the armrest back down.... but not usually.

I wasn't even thinking, and I sat right down, took my coat off, wrapped it around the front of me.... drank some Water..... and then about 1 hour into the movie I realized..... I didn't have to do ANYTHING to accommodate my body into the seat. AND..... I had my arms NEXT to me, inside of the armrests.

WOW. Very, very nice!

I have had two recently... first one was the arena where our hockey teams plays and where concerts are held, I have not been able to fit in the seats w/out wedging myself in and going home w/bruises from the end of the arms... as a matter of fact, 2 yrs ago friends took me to a hockey game for my birthday and they made arrangements for our seats to be in the handicap area where they have folding chairs. just last month, I was there for a concert as well as the home opener for the hockey team and I just slid right in to the seats... no wedging, no pushing myself in to the seat and NO BRUISES.. I was so excited...

the second one is that I have tried on several pairs of shoes recently, and even bought a pair from Avon, which I could never wear because I have/had a wide foot... well, my foot is still wide in my opinion.. but I was able to fit in to shoes that are not wide width.. including the pair I just bought from Avon... YEAH!!!

I noticed an NSV today... I don't meet with my boss very often, it has been a couple of months since I have been up to his office (where the nice furniture is!).

I remember when I first sat in his office chairs and I was sorta "wedged" into the chair. Today I sat in the chair and there was no "wedging", I just sat in the chair. It felt so good as I knew I looked "wedged" into it before.

This is all so exciting, I can hardly believe it sometimes!! I love my band, and it has only been two months...:(