Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months out....I need more protein!

Hi Everyone!

I was banded on March 24th this year. I've noticed lately that my hair is falling out any suggestions on how I can get more Protein in what I'm eating is basically all Protein but it doesn't seem like enough??? Any suggestions....

Also does anyone elses port stick out after they eat I notice it's farther out and more sensitive after I eat is that weird?

Also is sliming the same as pb-ing? I'm not throwing up all the way just well slime... can that cause band slippage?

obviously i've been off here for awhile since i have way more questions but feel bad bombading you all at one time! :thumbdown:

THANKS!!!!

Our hair falls out becuase lack of nutrition... Are you taking your Vitamins? That seems to help. My skin has gotten really dry too.. I guess you win some you lose some..

shaved turkey & chicken from the deli section is a great snack. I find Protein Bars too dense & can only eat one nibble an hour so I gave up on them. Try Protein Shakes. You should have vitimans. I was on Vital Greens (in Australia) it's a powder and I mixed it in orange juice. But don't worry. I stopped taking it and ages later I had my annual check up and my doc said my vitimin levels were high & if I was on a supliment I should stop! I said does wine & whiskey provide good nutrition cause I've had a bit of that! lol. Hair loss can be because of the surgery, the season or you could be worried about stuff. Sounds like your port is close to your stomach. Mine doesn't stick out. I'm hoping one day I'll have a 6 pack and it will (a 7pack, perhaps?? he he). I'm not sure what pb-ing & sliming is (I'm a little new to this even though I was banded 7 yrs ago). But I have more salivia and it's thicker, I'd say. I have had vomiting from time to time and gastro etc. and worried about the band slipping but not problems to report. All the best :-)

Our hair falls out becuase lack of nutrition... Are you taking your Vitamins? That seems to help. My skin has gotten really dry too.. I guess you win some you lose some..

Sweet kisses, dry skin is a sign of dehydration. Try and increase your H2O, see if it improves.

Hello - I was banded 3/23 and yes my hair is falling out too. I read someplace that it should stop coming out around the 6th month mark. I really hope!

I also am having a tender port area after I eat. It feels like the food in me is stretching out my skin around my port and it sticks out more. ouch!

I have a question for you. How many fills have you had so far?

I had a person on this site tell me to take Biotin for Hair loss. She has had much success and knows her stuff I can tell by all her pictures and posts etc.... Anyway, 5000mg Biotin a day from GNC is what I take and I see a difference. hair still falls out, but not as much. Of course, I cleared it with my doctor. Hopefully, your doctor gives you the thumbs up on Biotin too. Good Luck!

Well the hair falling out seems to be a huge question to many of us bandsters.

I believe the cause is a lack of healthy fat in our bodies. It was recommended by somebody to take flax seed oil for this. I've been on the Biotin for a while and it hasn't changed the improved my Hair loss. I've also heard it takes about 6 weeks to see improvement from the Biotin.< /p>

I believe the cause is a lack of healthy fat in our bodies. .

interesting....

i've never gone fat free, when i want cheese/butter/etc - i want the real stuff ..., i'll watch the portion amt, but orange butter or limp cheese is not appealing.

never had hair loss issues.

to the op, some Protein choices:

greek yogurt

edamame

Beans (lentils/black/garbonzo)

tofu

eggs

also are you getting fruits & veggies in your diet? i must say i'm bad and don't take my Vitamins. just had a physical and am healthier at 40 than i was at 30. look at a balanced meal plan and not just focus on the Protein component - which does help, but we can get lost & not pay attention to the benefits of nutrients from other food sources.

hang in,

you can try Beneprotein, its a powder available at drug stores. Just mix it in with your food or drinks. If you can't find it, Walgreens will special order it for you.