Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Every1's watchin what i eat & i hate it!

I loved your post. I lmao too, I think it's so funny I went to a restaurant with an acquaintance and had a small wrap she said "You Ate that All" I would have had that and a side dish and desert without the band.

LOL I feel u

At first I mostly got "OMG you are NOT eating enough". "That can't be healthy". I no longer work with the people I worked with when I started this journey so most of the people I eat with are either so used to the way I eat or have no idea about the band so they don't say anything!

But, Jennifer is right. Next comes, you can't lose THAT much more weigt.

When my best friend was no happy with my goal weight of 145 I asked how much she weighed? 135. So I asked why was it ok for her to weigh less than my goal? Just because she is used to me being so much bigger doesnt mean I can't/shouldn't be as small as other people! Sorta put it into perspective for her! I think one thing...when you say my goal is 70 more lbs people can not put that into perspective as much as I want to weigh 145.

Anyways...it will get easier...and people will eventually stop saying stuff as your eating gets more normal and they are just used to it...

Yea I tell ppl that I wanna weight 160 and they look at me like im insane...im 5'8 how much do u want me to weigh? I didnt get the lap band to weight 200 pounds!

Seriously! I get the SAME thing. I'm like, "Ok, you eat ONLY what is on this piece of paper FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE" and see how you like it. My nurse said, "If you want chocolate, eat chocolate. Just have a little and very infrequently so you don't feel as though you are denying yourself."

People can be very judgemental and jealous and I think that is why they react with either sabbotage or extreme "food policing".

As long as you are doing what is right and healthy for YOU, that is all that matters!

:thumbdown:

PS - I was banded on 7/20, we're almost the same date!

yea were almost the same date! good luck 2 u..Im sure we'll do great

Yep I am in the same exact boat you are! I wanted to keep this a secret from most of my extended family-as they are very judgemenal, plus I'm not close to them so didn't feel they deserved to know. I told ONE aunt I am close to and surprise! My grandma's blowing up my moms phone about it!! While they are for the most part supportive-they say things like "Good for her! as long as she doesn't blow it!"..those are the things I would give my left arm not to hear. It just burns me up like I'm trying to do right by this-yet still the negativity. I also was at lunch with the same aunt, she was talking about a women who lost a bunch of weight and my mom asked how and if she suspected surgery. My aunt responds with "Oh no shes not THAT big!" right in front of me :unsure: Needless to say..I cleared my throat rather loud at that point. Like I'm sitting right here and I just had surgery 6 weeks ago! Back it up dude. I am in the same boat as you-I have my first fill tomorrow and as for right now am just trying to stay within my calories and biking 7 miles a day. Hang in there girl-I'm right there w/ ya! We are better then that and don't have to worry about others and what they eat to take those sort of comments personaly. Keep your head up and good luck!:thumbdown:

lol..once u tell 1 person its like ur tellin the world! lol

I love the diet police basically because they are usually eating stuff that is way worse for them than it would ever be for me because I have the band! and I'm eating under a cup of it and they are eating the whold main course, salad, side dishes and sometimes dessert or even having beer or other drinks so when people say "are you suppose to eat that?" to me I just turn it around and say "Are you really suppose to be eating that?" it usually shuts them up!

This is exactly why I didn't tell anyone but my husband to daughters about getting the band. I have haters and food police aat work and even some family members. I never want people to watch my every bite and question wheather or not I should be eating something or talking behind my back saying things like "DID YOU SEE WHAT SHE ATE". yes, people can really sabbatoge you.

I know what you mean. One day I was standing in the kitchen with my hubby and I went to get a couple Fig Newtons. 2 to be exact. Well he looked at me and said. "Tisk tisk tisk you shouldn't be eating that" I said "There is only 1.5 grams of fat and only 90 cal in 2 fig newtons" He was like like "Whatever, its your decision" I was so pissed off I crumbled the Cookies up and threw them at him and left. I had to leave for work anyway. Maybe I was more mad at myself, but usually I could literally sit down and eat a sleeve of fig newtons. And now all I was having was 2. He hasn't said anything to me like that since then.... LOL I have another friend who everytime I see them they ask me "How much weight have you lost?" I am only 4 weeks out and it is sort of annoying. I have lost 16 lbs, so I feel pretty good about it but the way she asks kind of gets on my nerves. I told her my real weight loss will start after I get a fill. Then I had to explain to her what a fill was and stuff. She only knows about gastric and I think she is compairing. I get my fill in 2 weeks so hopefully the weight will start dropping better and I can rub it into her face... LOL I probably won't but it would be funny... Kind of... LOL Jennifer

I love the diet police basically because they are usually eating stuff that is way worse for them than it would ever be for me because I have the band! and I'm eating under a cup of it and they are eating the whold main course, salad, side dishes and sometimes dessert or even having beer or other drinks so when people say "are you suppose to eat that?" to me I just turn it around and say "Are you really suppose to be eating that?" it usually shuts them up!

LMAOOO Im def gonna start using that "ARE YOU SUPPOST 2 BE EATING THAT?!"...LOL thats gonna b my answer 4 now on lol

I know what you mean. One day I was standing in the kitchen with my hubby and I went to get a couple Fig Newtons. 2 to be exact. Well he looked at me and said. "Tisk tisk tisk you shouldn't be eating that" I said "There is only 1.5 grams of fat and only 90 cal in 2 fig newtons" He was like like "Whatever, its your decision" I was so pissed off I crumbled the Cookies up and threw them at him and left. I had to leave for work anyway. Maybe I was more mad at myself, but usually I could literally sit down and eat a sleeve of fig newtons. And now all I was having was 2. He hasn't said anything to me like that since then.... LOL I have another friend who everytime I see them they ask me "How much weight have you lost?" I am only 4 weeks out and it is sort of annoying. I have lost 16 lbs, so I feel pretty good about it but the way she asks kind of gets on my nerves. I told her my real weight loss will start after I get a fill. Then I had to explain to her what a fill was and stuff. She only knows about gastric and I think she is compairing. I get my fill in 2 weeks so hopefully the weight will start dropping better and I can rub it into her face... LOL I probably won't but it would be funny... Kind of... LOL Jennifer

LOL @ ur story..I cant wait 2 get my fill tomorrow!

Yay I got my first fill today! :thumbup: im on liquids den movin on to soft foods n then solids..if this fill isnt enough den I'll be getting another 1 in 3 weeks