Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Every1's watchin what i eat & i hate it!

Don't you hate when the people who kno about ur surgury are watchin what u eat? Its so annoying! I never asked anyone 2 b my doctor! They dont need to tell me what to eat! I feel like im in jail! They all act like I cant eat ANYTHING! Just cuz I had 2 do the stupid liquid diet for 4 weeks, they think I have to be on that for the rest of my life! Like give me a freakin break! I move on to soft foods and they acting like I cant do that. And solids are like Im disobeying my diet to them..Im 1 month post op if I want a small portion of rice let me freakin have it! Im human just like everybody else and it makes me mad when people look at me like Im some alien just because im eating chicken! Like what the hell do u exspect me to eat? salade and Water all day?!?! Its like they want to see me starve and thats how Im suppost to lose weight in their eyes. B4 the lap band, ppl would be like "u shouldnt be eatin all of that" buttt now after the lap band they wanna be like "ARE YOU SUPPOST 2 BE EATING THAT?!" or "ISNT THE LAP BAND SUPPOST 2 B MAKING U EAT LESS"...Like no shit dumbass I have no fill n no restriction, Im still hungry. I'll be gettin my first fill in like 2 days. This is not a miracle weight loss plan its going to take time. It took time for me to gain weight it will take some time to lose it. Im just gettin frustrated with ppl looking to see what I eat. I have to defend myself all the time and yell at them because they are so IGNORANT! They cant ever look at the positive things that I did. Such as gettin up every morning to walk 4 miles and at night another 4 miles. Drink water constantly and I watch my calorie intake. I lost 19 pounds so far, maybe more, I'll know when I go to the doctor. But nobody wants to see that, they just look at what I put in my mouth! But I got so fed up with the bullshit I just ignore negative comments. Anybody else going thru this?

I've been lucky ... no encounters with the Diet Police. But just tell 'em! Tell them, as nicely as is warranted, that no diet that excludes a food group is healthy and that as long as you eat healthy portions, nothing is "forbidden".

Now, if they're nasty about it, that's another thing entirely. Those people deserve no politeness whatsoever...so if you have do deal with that, be rude back. Wait until they're eating candy or chips and point out that they shouldn't be eating that.

Seriously, take it with a grain of salt. And just keep doing what you're doing....your future hotness will just slay them.

yeah I always tell them what it is cuz once you start with me, I always finish....But its not on some serious arguing, its more like friendly...But I sometimes get serious cuz I tend to get frustated when its the same idiot that keep asking me why am I eating this or that. Alot of people are supportive butttt at the same time they get on my nerves. Maybe they're just trying to help but in the WRONG ways. Like they will say "wow ur losin weight u look good keep it up" but then the next few days its like "wow are u suppost 2 be eating that?!" "your never going to lose weight" so on and so on. That makes me feel like if Im going to eat then I might as well eat alone

Yes, Yes, finally someone is going through what I go through.. LMBO... OMG!! It's very annoying.. I hear the same thing, are you suppose to be eating that? and this and that... It makes so mad.. People are always watching... they don't need to watch me I'm grown.. I know what I'm suppose to do.. It makes u want to wait until everyone's gone and eat in piece.. Last nite I can't believe out of all people my husband did that.. I went and got 4 pringle potato chips.. Now I know I'm not suppose to have that, but I had been craving sour and cream potato chips... so I satisfied my self and got 4 pringles or sour and cream.. he looks at me as if I had, eaten the whole box and he's goes alright now.. I'm like what 4 pringles and you talking bout alright now.. give me a break.. we still have cravings.. Just because we have the lap band doesnt' mean that we don't have cravings for things.. come one people... I'm like I can't beleive this... I understand exactly where you're coming from... yes let's just continue to ignore them and the'll get the hint.. :thumbup: You're doing great keep up the good work.. I weighed the same exact as you before the surgery...

Edited by tyhelms

I feel the same way, everyone around me does the same thing.

Yes, Yes, finally someone is going through what I go through.. LMBO... OMG!! It's very annoying.. I hear the same thing, are you suppose to be eating that? and this and that... It makes so mad.. People are always watching... they don't need to watch me I'm grown.. I know what I'm suppose to do.. It makes u want to wait until everyone's gone and eat in piece.. Last nite I can't believe out of all people my husband did that.. I went and got 4 pringle potato chips.. Now I know I'm not suppose to have that, but I had been craving sour and cream potato chips... so I satisfied my self and got 4 pringles or sour and cream.. he looks at me as if I had, eaten the whole box and he's goes alright now.. I'm like what 4 pringles and you talking bout alright now.. give me a break.. we still have cravings.. Just because we have the lap band doesnt' mean that we don't have cravings for things.. come one people... I'm like I can't beleive this... I understand exactly where you're coming from... yes let's just continue to ignore them and the'll get the hint.. :thumbup: You're doing great keep up the good work.. I weighed the same exact as you before the surgery...

LMAO...I feel u cuz even my boyfriend does dat to me at times! I havent had mc donalds in like 2months so I wanted small fries and 4 piece chicken nuggets...So when I got to his house with my food he looks at me like I have 4 eyes! Im like what?! I cant eat mc donalds?! This isnt going to make me gain any weight..I use 2 eat mc donalds almost every day (large fries 2 mc chickens and a small drink) but now I got small fries and chicken nuggets (which is nothing 2 me) and hes having a heart attack. Atleast I changed the SIZE of my meal lmaoo be happy about that, dont exspect me to just give up mc donalds for the rest of my damn life...I wont eat it everyday or every week, only once in a blue moon (maybe once every 2 months)...but dont beat me up when that day comes...DAMN lol my doc told me I can eat things like dat once in a while in small portions so why u acting like Im banned from all the good foods? lol

Edited by MsFab1988

I'm SO sorry you have to go through this!! LBS is hard enough without being under the ignorant and watchful eye of everyone around us!

Here is my suggestion, tell them, point blank how you feel. Just what you posted here. Educate them on the band and the journey, and it is a lifelong one, not one that needs to be policed every minute. Tell them that you are doing what you need to do to make it work for you, and if it includes a "treat" here or there, tell them.

I know you are in bandster hell right now, and definitely don't need any more pressure from anyone because this is the hardest part. Fighting hunger at this point is SO hard, and resisting foods we love is a nightmare. Just don't let the constant watchful eye make keep you from your goal. We all have things we shouldn't from time to time, but really try to stick with the post-op diet as closely as possible. Then you won't have to worry what people say or do, as you will be following the plan as your doctor instructed.

Best of luck!

I'm SO sorry you have to go through this!! LBS is hard enough without being under the ignorant and watchful eye of everyone around us!

Here is my suggestion, tell them, point blank how you feel. Just what you posted here. Educate them on the band and the journey, and it is a lifelong one, not one that needs to be policed every minute. Tell them that you are doing what you need to do to make it work for you, and if it includes a "treat" here or there, tell them.

I know you are in bandster hell right now, and definitely don't need any more pressure from anyone because this is the hardest part. Fighting hunger at this point is SO hard, and resisting foods we love is a nightmare. Just don't let the constant watchful eye make keep you from your goal. We all have things we shouldn't from time to time, but really try to stick with the post-op diet as closely as possible. Then you won't have to worry what people say or do, as you will be following the plan as your doctor instructed.

Best of luck!

Thanks..thats why I love comming on this board cuz everybody on here can relate and understand. Cause were all going thru this together. But people on the outside dont see that, they see strict things. And the worse part is how they all tend to look at my body. I can wear something today that makes me look small so they all congratulate me but then the next week I wear something that makes me look a lil bit bigger and someone will say "for some reason u look bigger" or "looks like u gained 3 pounds!" and that just kills. It makes me feel like im in jail and im on a surveillance camara

Whenever I get the look or a comment I always say very suggestively "what I put in my mouth is none of your concern. Do you want to talk about what goes in your mouth?" and that usually shuts them up lol

This reason is why I only told a handful of people about my surgery. Of course everyone at work knows even though I didn't tell them because they heard it through the grapevine. But in my personal life, I don't want the added pressure and negativity of other people.

Good luck!

Ignore them. It stops. I think everyone who has had WLS has encountered this. Luckily people stop monitoring your eating and start minding there own when you're thinner than they are.

I didnt tell everybody..Everybody else told everybody lol

It makes me feel like im in jail and im on a surveillance camara

if words don't help -take a pic of your plate at every meal and email "them". i bet after a day or 2 of your food choices on the hr - they might get the hint :thumbup:

Like Parrothead, I don't ever have diet police. BUT...I told everyone from the start "Once I'm healed I'll be able to eat normally. Then as the band tightens, I'll be able to eat anything still, but my portions will over time get smaller and smaller". Voila! No diet police.

This is why I have kept my surgery secret from most of the people I know! This is my study month, so luckily I've been a hermit from the people that know and have avoided eating activities w/ those that don't. However I do get calls asking "what did you eat today" or "how was eating today" or "what do you look like now"--Me: "um, I don't know, the same. My jeans are bigger?" It's very annoying, I can't imagine what it will be like having to do that in person. IT'S NOT A MAGIC CURE...I WILL NOT TRANSFORM INTO A SIZE 10 IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS!

ahhh, feels better to write it out :thumbup:

Like Parrothead, I don't ever have diet police. BUT...I told everyone from the start "Once I'm healed I'll be able to eat normally. Then as the band tightens, I'll be able to eat anything still, but my portions will over time get smaller and smaller". Voila! No diet police.

Hahaha, tried that. I've gone as far as to say "lifestyle change, not a diet" *le sigh* I think people have been sooo bombarded w/ different "diet ideaologies" that we've all forgotten what it is to just live and eat civially. :thumbup: