Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on Thursday August 20, 2009. I keep belching and belching and it is painful. I assume this is normal as the nurse knew about it and just said go ahead and belch. Is there anything that will help this. Has anyone else had this problem?

When will I feel good again?

I sound like a long-shoreman when I belch! It's the gas...you might try Gax-X, it works pretty good. The strips melt on your tongue. It's better to belch than keep it inside. I was banded, Aug 11th, 2009, and I am still on full-liquids and just belching away. Thanks goodness, my family understands and since I'm retired, I don't have to go anywhere. Hope it gets better for you.

Thank you ever so much. I worry that I am doing something wrong. I will try the gas x. Have you started to have controllable Bowel movements yet. My are liquid with a lot of force (gas) behind it. Sorry if this is too descriptive.

Thanks again,

cjjrn

I was banded on the 18th of August, and have been belching a lot too! I also thought it was from the gas, so I asked the physician assistant about gas-x. He said that gas-x is only effective for gas that is within the intestines. Crazy huh? :biggrin:

Hold a pillow over your abdomen when you belch; the counter pressure should help ease your pain some too.

My doctor recommended the Gas-X and it worked for me. Made a huge difference. Don't know where your PA is coming from on this information.:biggrin:

you are only a few days post op. They use gas to lift up your organs, so the belching is normal because your body needs to expel it.. it is also normal for it to hurt a little. I am 3 months post op and I found that Gas-x helped. The pills are VERY small and easy to swallow....

but I do still belch quite a bit even though I am 3 months post op... it's embarrasing sometimes.. LOL

I belched a lot the first month after surgery, first week it was painful, but that went away. I still belch more now than I did before surgery.

There was a poll on here about belching more since surgery it was really amusing and the result is yes we seem to do it more after we have this.

I was banded Aug 10, 2009 and I am the belching queen! I look at the belching as the "water going down the drain" like in a sink. Just helps clear up whatever might be in the top part of the stomach. That kind of sounds gross!

I've noticed if I eat and sit for a while when I stand up I have a bad case of the burps! My husband keeps saying I should join a contest. I guess I'd rather them come out the top than the back side!

The gas-x strips you put on your tongue are great - they do help a bit but also I just pace around the entry way to my house rather briskly and it helps get everything moving!

For about a month I have been taking Aloe Vera and B6, they are for metablism and digestive health. The bleching (which is not the real problem) and the other calmed down. I get it a Walmart.< /p>