Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I`m just curious as which is used more for LB surgery, stitches or glue?

I just read in another thread someone mention their surgery stitches. I just assumed that with the small incisions

everyone has, they just would be glued closed.

Even when I had my open heart surgery, they glued my incision (they stapled and stiched all the inside stuff).

I have only had stitches when I had my kids and those I never saw :confused:, nor did they need removing, and the thought of stitches sort of freaks me a bit.

Doesn't stitches feel uncomfortable with the swelling and bloating, not to mention the itchy feeling?

Isn't it funny, I have no apprehention of a surgeon cutting me open, and digging around in my gut, but talk stitches and I become "unglued" so to speak...

i had staples and one stitch across where the port is.i think they glued that one shut but still put one stitch in . i was banded on 07/29/09. everyone i have read about has been different. i had 16 staples all together and the did itch and turn red i was worried and glad when they came out but i did not have any infections.call your doctors office and ask the nurse she will know.

good luck

Dr. Kin uses internal dissolving stitches and glue externally. Seems to be healing well for me.

All I know for sure is that I have staples that will be removed on 8/25. I don't know whether stitches and/or glue were used in addition to the staples.

I had 5 incisions...3 of them tiny and were glued. The one by my belly button is about an inch and has stiches, the port incision is about an inch and a half and also has stiches. I have to go to the doctor to have them removed next week. I had my surgery Aug 14th (a week ago today!:()

Hi

All my incisions were glued even the port one. It was a little unsettling when I realized it, but the glue held no matter what I did.

Take care,

Mari H

My incisions where als glued. I had never seen this done before. I am feeling a lot better than I was a couple of days ago. Although I feel better I am having some problems with my throat. If I lay on my side and raise up it feels like something strange. It may be associated with the hernia repair.

My doctor used dissolving stitches and glue.

Im all glued!

I have one incision in my belly button and it was stitched. Acutally I was complaining to the nurse two days ago about how the very top of my incision is getting irritated by clothing rubbing against it and she told ME to pull the top stitch out! Ewww, I almost threw up when she said that. After that I did look at it and my stitches are long gone, the incision is just a little angry from all the "rubbing".

I have five incisions and all of them are glued.