Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

236 lbs to 140 lbs in 8 months

It's so hard for me to believe that I have lost all of the weight because it happened so fast. Granted, I did hire a personal trainer for the first 3 months after surgery and was VERY strict with my diet (I always ate a minimum of 60grams of Protein everyday and kept a journal). I now run over 3 miles every day and bike to work, the gym, and friend's houses. I am extremely active, but in my mind I am still overweight- it is crazy! I don't think I'm fat when I look in the mirror, but when I think about myself in my mind I just can't see anyone but who I was for so long. I was too scared to wear a bikini at the beach a week ago (where my current pic was taken) even though I probably could have. I am thinking that in time I will start to really look at myself as thin, that for now I will just have to keep telling myself that I look amazing and I AM a healthy weighted individual- for once! It's just so hard for me to believe- i must be crazy! :)

Edited by allie4908

You are beautiful and thin! Keep telling yourself that and soon you will believe it as the world sees it. Congrats to you. I hope to have your success and I sure wish I had your youth! Enjoy what you have accomplished and sport that bikini proudly!

Congrats! You look amazing and what an active lifestyle. I'm envious, in a good way!

That is just AMAZING!!!! So encouraging to see it happen. You have to feel good about yourself....WOW!!!;)

Thanks for your story. I weight about the same. Hopefully I can lose quickly too. I think it is important to work out. I plan to have my husband be my personal trainer after my surgery as well. 2 days left!! woo hoo!!

You look great!! I started at 286 at the beginning of June and am now down to around 237 (close to where you were when you started). I'd like to get down to 130, hopefully I can do it within one year or so. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I do as well as you!!

Good for you. Maybe you can help me...I am only 2 weeks out and was wondering, what was your post op diet consistant of at 60 grams per day? Any advice will be helpful-I want to make the right steps. I have been doing 30 mins minimum walking per day and every other day some weights for the upper body-not too heavy though because it has only been 2 weeks. Please let me know about the diet, I am very curious.

WOW that is fast!!! I sure hope that it goes that fast for me...

Congratulatios on your great success! You look fantastic. You have accomplished almost exactly what I want to do, go from 230 to 130 in a year or less. I do have one question though, with the weight coming off so fast, do you have any loose skin at all? I'm pretty worried about this

You go girl! You look sooo good! I am only down about 50 lbs, but I am now stalled because I have stopped working out and kicked my diet to the curb. After reading your story, I am inspired again. Off the couch I go. I really need to work on my Protein intake.

Congratulations! You look beautiful!

Be proud of your accomplishments and enjoy your new body.

Sue

You look absolutely amazing!! Very much of an inspiration to me!! I can't wait to be where you are today! Keep up the GREAT work!!!

My surgery day weight was also 236, and in my dreams, one day I'll weigh 140! I think I would be happy at 150-160, but you are an inspiration to me! Congratulations! Wow, I sure would love to be at 140 next summer! sara