Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight loss furstrations

I was banded June 10 of this year.I have not loss anything since the first 2 weeks after surgery.I have had 3 fills and I am now at 8cc's.I excercise 5 times a week.I am really beginning to lose faith in this procedure.The Doctor keeps telling me it takes awhile.I don't even notice a difference in my eating it seems like it takes forever to get full.What to do what to do.:)

I have the large band which holds a max of 14 cc's.Last night we went to a football game and had to stop somewhere quick to eat.I was able to eat a whole hamburger.I didn't feeluncomfortable at all.So I don't think I have felt any restrictions.

Remember the band is only a tool, you still have to play your part. Make healthy food choices and stop eating when you have had the correct sized portion. If you are waiting for an I feel full signal before you stop eating then you are probably going to overeat.

Instead of I feel full aim for I have eaten enough and don't feel hungry anymore.

I was banded on 2 June and don't have a full feeling. But if I stop when I think I have eaten enough I can normally last quite a while before getting hungry again.

Sims, I'm so glad you said that. I'm having the same problem. My surgery was May 6 and I've only lost 10 pounds post surgery. I lost more weight on the pre surgery liquid diet. I don't understand either. I'm exercising almost every night (walking, riding bike, exercise videos) and eating Protein Bars and salads every day. I'm not feeling full and it's taking a good 2 cups to get full. My doctor does not seem concerned, but I am.:)

It amazes me how different everyone and their experience with the band is!! I didn't have my first fill until three months after the surgery, then another three months later, and finally the most recent last week. I'm only at 5 cc's and can barely keep anything down (other than soft foods) due to the restriction.

Don't give up yet...maybe try eating as if you were feeling a restriction? Avoid breads, stick to meat and other proteins...

Sorry...wish we could be more help. :)

How many calories are you taking in during a day?

If you aren't getting enough calories, your body may be in starvation mode and holding onto every calorie. Or you may not be taking enough calories if you are really doing vigorous exercise 5x a week.

Are you doing your part? Really exercising? Eating right? Even if you can eat a large amount of food, are you making the right choices? And even though you don't have the best restriction right now, this is where your willpower comes in and you need to control your portions. You need to do your job so the band can do it's job...it's a partnership.

Good luck to you!

I was banded on June 9, so far have had 1 fill of 4.25cc's and getting my next fill on the 28th. At first i was full at 1/2 cup, then a cup, then i had my fill, and was back to 1/2 cup, I am up to 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups now, and not noticing weight loss. I do measure weekly, and not changed in 2 weeks. I don't own a scale so I only weigh at the docs. According to them i have lost 20 lbs since pre-op.

Hope next fill does something for me.

Hey all I was in a similar situation. I had my surgery may 16th, and lost 10 lbs the first 2 weeks and didnt really lose anything until my first fill and even after that I only had lost 3 lbs til my next fill so 3 lbs in 4 weeks! I have a 10 cc band and currently have 3 cc's in and have lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks and feel a ton of restriction just play with it get ur sweet spot. You will get there don't lose faith and stay healthy that crappy food is what got us here remember

I am so glad you posted this. I was banded on June 11th and lost weight in the first 2 weeks post op and nothing since. It is pretty depressing. I have had 2 fills. I have a 10cc band with 7.5cc in it. I still don't feel any restriction when eating. I am actually starting to get worried that something is wrong with it. Has any one else had this much fill and not felt restriction?

I am exercising (however I have aways exercised anyway). I have started to count calories today until my next appointment, because I want to lose at least some weight until then.

Would love any feedback if anyone else is in the same boat.

I have read so many posts about being discouraged and "losing faith" in the process, and, believe me I've had my own struggles. The one thing I've found that REALLY helps and makes total sense is this.

When I start wondering why I'm working so hard and not seeing any results, I ask myself this..

"If I continue to eat the correct foods and portions, and continue to exercise, will I gain weight long term?" The answer to that question is obviously no.

Then I realize, that even if the scale or my clothes are not showing me the results I want, I ABSOLUTELY KNOW, without ANY DOUBT WHATSOEVER, that what I am doing is the BEST for my body FOR LIFE!! Not for the day, not for the week, not for the month, but FOR LIFE!!

Believe me, every single one of you, if you KEEP doing what you're suppose to do, YOU WILL see results!!!!

It took me 2 MONTHS (yes, 8 weeks people) of seeing NOTHING but weight GAIN here and there with proper diet and working out like a fiend. Then, one day...BAM!!!!! The scale MOVED and STAYED!! I lost 6lbs and stayed there. I have gone down ever since, but I KNOW I will STALL again!

If you have realistic expecations, and understand that you DON'T understand how your body is going to react, AND Understand that what you are doing is EXACTLY what you need to do, you will be ok.

PLEASE don't expect to lose a pound a day, or 3 pounds a week and get discouraged if you don't. NOBODY can predict what the human body can do and is capable of, but EVERYBODY knows that proper diet and exercise are the recipe for long term success!!!!!

Coloradobanding - Thank you thank you thank you!! I like what you're saying! I'm almost 8 weeks post op and was cruising right along. And then all of a sudden....nothing. In fact, up one pound from last week. But meanwhile I'm eating all the right things. And exercising. And I got really really discouraged. But I just kept saying to myself: Well I'm doing what I'm supposed to. Eventually I'll see more results. At least I'm not gaining.

You hit the nail right on the head when you said this is for "long term success". You're right. I need to focus on that, and not beat myself up for the scale going up one pound. Still really confused about that, but oh well. I'm down 37 pounds and it would never have happened without the band!!

I have read so many posts about being discouraged and "losing faith" in the process, and, believe me I've had my own struggles. The one thing I've found that REALLY helps and makes total sense is this.

When I start wondering why I'm working so hard and not seeing any results, I ask myself this..

"If I continue to eat the correct foods and portions, and continue to exercise, will I gain weight long term?" The answer to that question is obviously no.

Then I realize, that even if the scale or my clothes are not showing me the results I want, I ABSOLUTELY KNOW, without ANY DOUBT WHATSOEVER, that what I am doing is the BEST for my body FOR LIFE!! Not for the day, not for the week, not for the month, but FOR LIFE!!

Believe me, every single one of you, if you KEEP doing what you're suppose to do, YOU WILL see results!!!!

It took me 2 MONTHS (yes, 8 weeks people) of seeing NOTHING but weight GAIN here and there with proper diet and working out like a fiend. Then, one day...BAM!!!!! The scale MOVED and STAYED!! I lost 6lbs and stayed there. I have gone down ever since, but I KNOW I will STALL again!

If you have realistic expecations, and understand that you DON'T understand how your body is going to react, AND Understand that what you are doing is EXACTLY what you need to do, you will be ok.

PLEASE don't expect to lose a pound a day, or 3 pounds a week and get discouraged if you don't. NOBODY can predict what the human body can do and is capable of, but EVERYBODY knows that proper diet and exercise are the recipe for long term success!!!!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart coloradobanding. I have been pms-ing and depressed all week and have become very discouraged about my lack of weight loss over the past few weeks and you just totally put everything into perspective for me. What you said is 100% correct and was what I was telling myself all along until my recent funk. This may just be the ticket out of my funk.

Thank you for raining reality down all over me!

Donna