Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I was just wondering, out of curiosity, if your incisions left any visible scarring and if it had faded any. I was in the store yesterday and saw scar cream and wondered if it was worth using or not. I'm not personally all that concerned with the scarring aspect, as I just allowed myself to have a band placed in my stomach through my bellybutton (:biggrin:!) but I just wondered if anyone has had success with hiding the scar.

Hey! I'm one month post op and my 5 scars already look so much better. The NP at my office who had the surgery as well a year ago showed me her scars and I could barely see them at first glance. Talk with your doctor, but massaging scars help. I've read different things about the scar creams not really working.

Did you have the single incision surgery? I've wondered what the scar looks like.

Edited by Unforgettable

mine are very visible and i am 5 weeks post op... looks like i sufered a shotgun blast. i do tend to scar, but have wondered myself what cream or treatment might help

Well my scar, from what I can see 5 days post-op (all the steri strips haven't fallen off yet, but I can see most of it) is a 1 1/2 - 2 inch semicircle that goes around the bottom half of my bellybutton in contour with the shape of my stomach (kind of looks like a smile). It's kind of hidden by being in where the bellybutton is. It the scar line that is forming looks like a normal scar. And it is not nice looking! I was never very concerned with scars but I figured why not try to make it disappear if there is a chance? There is, however, still bruising on the bottom part of my stomach where I assume the laprascope rested and was moved during surgery. It is just kind of black and blue--that's it.

I think it has been healing extremely fast and I think it made surgery much easier on my body. Hopefully they continue to perfect this surgery so all of them are performed through single incision to cut down healing time and mobility and comfort issues afterwards.

I have also heard about massaging helping scars a lot. There are also creams that are not available over the counter that can clear up scars. I'm sure they are pretty expensive and i'm not all that interested in going to a dr. to make my scar fade away, but I do think it is interesting. I'll definitely ask my doctor.

In my first post/op visit the NP told me not to put anything on it while it was still in the early healing stage. He said that afterwards I could use Vitamin E.

I have 5 incissions one has fallen off, my incissions were glued closed I'm only 2 weeks post op but they are healing nicley besides one, the one all the way on the left looks infected and really itchy I don't know what to do for that but I think that's the only one that will be visible and Vitamin E oil is really good I think I'll get some later on too.

I had the single incision -- the incision is AWESOME, it went down one side, of the inside, of my belly button and up the other. I would post pictures but to be honest you can't even see it. I'm only 9 days post-op, but when it is completely healed you won't be able to see any difference from what my belly button looked like before.

When of you guys needs to put a picture up! I saw one on the internet but it wasn't really a good picture. I'm just curious about the scar itself. A smiley face sounds fun lol

Not sure if you can see it very well, but here it is...

WOOOOOOW!!! I can barely tell, that's awesome. Thanks for sharing the pic

Thanks for sharing your picture, I have not heard of the single incision before, it looks great.

Not sure if you can see it very well, but here it is...

JEALOUS! WOW. you can't see anything :)

I can't even see your scar! That is fantastic!!!!

I have 5 small scars. At first they were very purple but are fading nicely. I've been banded just over 6 months and haven't applied anything to them.

Bel

there is a plastic surgeon in my doctors office and she said to apply CVS brand scar gel. I have been doing it for just under two weeks and my scars seem to be smoothing out. I am 3 months post op so it could just be normal healing, but, for me, I feel it can't hurt to try and takes no extra time. good luck to all.