Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sarah's NSV List

More NSV's (compiled from the rabbits/turtles challenge)

I bought a NON STRETCH pair of Jeans from the Jr's department in a size 16 and they fit perfectly. No "w" either!

I wear the smallest size shirt that Torrid sells. I bought a really cute shirt from there the other day in a "0" (probably a 16/18?). It 'fits' instead of being baggy, which is also kind of an NSV because I usually don't wear things that 'fit' because some how if your shirt doesn't hug your fat rolls, other people don't know they are there or something, LOL.

I went to a bridal expo a few weeks ago and realized that the entire time I was there I wasn't self conscious of my weight. I think that's pretty cool.

In the regular economy section of an airplane last weekend, the tray table didn't touch me when I took it down. I used to have to lean my seat back so that I could bring it down all the way and it still hit my belly.

I suppose it's kind of an NSV that I am having my teeth fixed. My weight is still my top priority, but I'm to the point where I can focus on other things that need work.

Last week on my lunch break I had no idea what I wanted to eat, so I started walking. I ended up walking 2 miles, just because it felt good.

;)

Girl, you made me smile.

As I read through the list - it made me realize how good it feels to be somewhat "normal". I hope we never take it for granted.

I suppose it's kind of an NSV that I am having my teeth fixed. My weight is still my top priority, but I'm to the point where I can focus on other things that need work.

How true this is. I never looked at it that way.

You are so right!

Bravo to you!!!:clap2: :clap2:

Holy crap. I just realized that I did not eat ONE SINGLE Valentine's day chocolate! I didn't even pick up a box at the store to even think about buying it!

NOW, I just have to make sure I don't buy it on sale tomorrow when I go to the store, LOL.

It's been a long time, I had an NSV today, so I figured I'd try and thing of any that I'd had since the last time I updated.

The one from today, is that on the 8th of April, my sister gave me an anklet as a bridesmaids gift, but it didn't fit right. It had extra chain, so I was able to mess with it and get it to work so I could wear it, but it wasn't the way it was intended to be buckled. This morning when I went to put it on, I was able to get the clasp together without a problem at all. :confused:

I suppose it's an NSV that I finally got a new hairstyle. My hair has been the same for like 10 years or something like that, and I finally did something with it for my sisters wedding. It's all layered and highlighted now. It looks much better, lol.

I guess I can't really think of anything else. I'll try and come up with more..

OH!! I want to see a picture of your new Hairdo! You're doing great Sarah!! Congrats on all the NSVs! I like NSVs best. You can really tell you've made progress when the NSVs start & just keep coming.

Class ring.

I can't even wear my WEDDING RING!

And trust me it is something to be worn proud!!!!! Not bragging just saying.

But I am on my way.

One day I will post that it fits.

New NSV

I have this blue silk suit, its really nice Ive always wanted to wear it but couldnt. I Wore it today and buttoned it all the way up without the Gapping ( between buttons) YEA

it looks great, Now Im Really sad because soon it will be to big!

Well, it's not that I didn't suspect my slow weight loss was attributed to the double grande iced mochas (with half and half). It was that I hadn't realized how they had actually set me on the doorstep of obesity, and now kept me from leaving.

I never had a weight loss problem as a child or an adolescent. My mothers family tends to get chunky between 30-55, then get small. My fathers family are all beanpoles.

After all three of my children were born, I was a decent size - about 150-160. I had successfully managed to get smaller, and had a few gains and losses, bumping me between 140-170.

THEN, my coffee habit began. It was slow initially, no appreciable weight gain, a mochoa now and then. Then mochas became daily, but that wasn't overnight either. I've tried and tried to pinpoint what it was that caused me to gain. There were many other things that could have allowed me to gain, and that stopped me from maintaining that range that I had always stayed in, and then of course the decreased activity.

But, after the lap band, I realized the one factor that was causing my weight loss to stagnate, appeared to be coffee, which might be the factor that caused me to gain so much weight slowly over so much time (my family could never understand why I kept gaining weight - I really didn't eat oversize portions, tons of junk food or lots of candy).

After the Band was eating practically NOTHING, and yet NOT losing weight. Because I had paid such close attention to my weight, because I was so certain that the food I was actually ingesting could NOT be doing this - I realized what was - my RESTARTED coffee habit (the stagnation happened right around the time I started having my mocha once or twice a day (again).

It caused me to realize how eating normally, and having that extra coffee or two a day had affected my body. It was a slow and steady gain - a lb or two a month but 12 months a year, over almost a decade has taken it's toll.

I will never be able to have that mocha again every day - and I've realized that. I just can't do it. So every morning I drink drip coffee with coffeemate Creamer, and the lbs are starting to come off. Every once in a while I treat myself - but not like before. I've learned to deny myself when I feel a craving. I can't allow it to hurt me any more.

And, when I consider the cost - (I paid for my surgery) as well as the actual cost of the coffee - I realize - I just can't afford it.

I usually depeleted the cash in my purse every other day (I was always trying to find a dollar or two for my daily coffee) - now, I can go all week and never spend that 10 bucks that's in my wallet.

I indulge myself with sugar free candies (I am always carefell never to over-indulge as it has such negative gastric side effects -diahhrea).

I hope this helps someone.

My_o_My,

Those coffee drinks can get really high up there calorie wise. I don't know where you are on the globe, but a medium mocha frap from Starbucks is something like 600 Calories!! Two of those a day, plus whatever you might be eating with a band will DEFINATLY slow you down. I'm glad that you found your culprit and that you are losing weight now.

Whenever I get anything from a coffee shop like that it, it's nonfat, and sugar free, if they have it. That'll knock off a few hundred calories.

There are alot of good sugar free/calorie free flavored syrups out there that are very goodin coffee. Coffee + sugar free chocolate flavored creamer + sugar free peppermint Syrup tastes practically the same as a starbucks Peppermint Mocha.

I'll post pics of my hairdo tonight. :bananadoggywow:

I suppose it's an NSV that I finally got a new hairstyle. My hair has been the same for like 10 years or something like that, and I finally did something with it for my sisters wedding. It's all layered and highlighted now. It looks much better

Sorry, but I dont believe you.

I need a picture.

Post a picture - and you'll convience us.

(LOL - j/k, you know we love you!!!! - but we'll love you MORE if you show us a picture! :biggrin1: )

Big Congrat's on the bracelet!

Hehe, sorry for the delay, here's some pictures. My face looks thinner today, but my hair doesn't look as good, so it's the good hair picture, not the good face picture, lol. :/

709677483_l.jpg

709680088_m.jpg

The anklet on the side has my name written in the wiring. It was a very unique and awesome gift ;).