Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2009 Surgery Date?

Hi I was banded 16th October and getting better by the day but feel like I am nine months pregnant, although wind coming out ok!! and no pain through that. Have had an allergic reaction to the pads covering my scars and am red and itching all over and have to go back to work tomorrow, will have to wear a tent!! lol.....

I'm 2 days out and I have the same gas problems that you do, belly and sides. I have been doing the puree food (taking my own and making baby food out of it) It hasn't been too bad except for the diet coke I can't have. I still have not had a bowel movement but I will take something tonight if nothing happens. What are you eating and drinking??

Hey Granny, I'm 6 days out today and actually, today is the first day that I'm feeling somewhat back to normal. Yesterday was my first day back and work, and I was wiped out by the time I got home. I was feeling so bloated from the Protein Drink I had in the morning, that I didn't feel like eating anything til that evening when it finally felt better.

I'm on pureed diet for two weeks and then graduate to mushy foods. As far as what I'm eating and drinking:

We're told to sip 48 oz of Water throughout the day. Then strive to get 50 grm of Protein a day. The premier shakes from costco are premade and have 30 grms/160 cals/1 carb per shake. So I've been trying to have one of those...can't do two at this point...too filling. But I'll have about 6 oz in the morning. sip water. herbal tea. then try to do more shake, etc. then it's kind of a toss up. a cup of pureed Soup. a 4 oz light and fit yogurt. a sugar free popsicle. I'm not taking in too much. up until yesterday, I was too burpy to want to eat. Today's a bit better.

Hi I was banded 16th October and getting better by the day but feel like I am nine months pregnant, although wind coming out ok!! and no pain through that. Have had an allergic reaction to the pads covering my scars and am red and itching all over and have to go back to work tomorrow, will have to wear a tent!! lol.....

Oliverdog: I can so relate. I'm at work right now with the elastic waistband of my skirt pulled up to my bra-line so it won't rub my stitches. My doc didn't put pads on my incisions. They are stitched, and then covered with crazy glue to seal them. Although now that's coming off..but they're healing well. They told me to just pat them dry after showering but to leave them open.

Good luck going back to work tomorrow.

Yea, I'm swollen also and feel like I can deliver anytime now. They say the 1st 2 months are the hardest and then it becomes normal (whatever that is).

Having Surgery 10-26 that is less then a week now... I am still desperately looking for an email buddy. I need someone just to talk to about this experience and bounce ideas of each other... anyone close to my surgery date PLEASE email me waverly79@gmail.com

I am on the 2 week pre op diet and i was doing pretty good... today is bad i lost 8lbs so far... but I am pretty much feeling like i could eat a cow right now. Not sure if i can do this tonight...

what really sux is the called the doctor assistant to talk about something with insurance and i said i was really struggling with the pre op diet and she says "Well if you cheat you cheat" with this all relaxed attitude and i am like why oh why did she say that. THat is like a free ticket to cheat. UGH .

I'm 2 days out and I have the same gas problems that you do, belly and sides. I have been doing the puree food (taking my own and making baby food out of it) It hasn't been too bad except for the diet coke I can't have. I still have not had a bowel movement but I will take something tonight if nothing happens. What are you eating and drinking??

Hi, my Drs. have a very strict post-op diet. The first two days was Clear liquids including these Protein drinks. Now I am on a liquid diet for 10 days. That is only Soup (strained), Jello, pudding, yogurt, Protein supplements, liquid Vitamins, Water, juice (all sugar-free). After day 12, I can start adding very few pureed foods like eggs, potatoes, tuna. drinks have to be sugar-free and cafeine-free.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Hey everyone!

I was banded on Monday. I ended up having a hiatal hernia that I was completely unaware of. So I'm not sure if it is the hernia repair, or the banding that has caused this pain. Pain is worse than I expected, but as of today, I have been able to get out of bed without help and so the Dr. finally released me from the hospital. I really haven't had so much gas pain, just alot of pain under both breasts. One doesn't realize how much one uses the abdominal muscles on a daily basis, and even for the smallest actions. On day 2, my IV sites infiltrated, and I went about 2 hours without anything for pain(was on pain pump, I could dose myself every 6 minutes as needed). Those two hours were horrendous. Finally got decent IV after several failed attempts. My arms are black and blue. Here's a question I have for everyone, that I haven't noticed being asked before. I weighed myself Monday just before I went in to have my surgery and I weighed 229. I got released today(Wed.) and weighed myself on the same scale and I weighed 244. Is this normal? From the swelling perhaps?? Because other than Water and SF popsicles I have not had anything to eat. I didn't even drink more than a few sips of broth. I am happy to say though, that i don't seem to have the horrible gas pains, no nausea, no vomiting. Other than the pain, its been fairly well!

Thanks

Jill

My date is October 29th. I am suppose to have my last weigh in tomorrow but I have a feeling I am going to have one more next week. It's very stressful right now for me. The weigh in's were really good but this last week I am worried that I might have gained which could cancel my surgery. I also have my medical clearance which will be a breeze since I am totally off of my insulin. My blood sugars are better now then they have ever been. Good luck everyone!

Here's a question I have for everyone, that I haven't noticed being asked before. I weighed myself Monday just before I went in to have my surgery and I weighed 229. I got released today(Wed.) and weighed myself on the same scale and I weighed 244. Is this normal? From the swelling perhaps?? Because other than Water and SF popsicles I have not had anything to eat. I didn't even drink more than a few sips of broth. I am happy to say though, that i don't seem to have the horrible gas pains, no nausea, no vomiting. Other than the pain, its been fairly well!

Thanks

Jill

Hi Jill, I'm so sorry you had such a hard time of it. I think the weight gain can also be partly because of the IV. If the fluids are going in and not coming out, that could attribute for weight gain. Don't be discouraged though, it'll be coming off soon.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thanks Nooshie. I had a catheter the two days in the hospital, but still you could be right. Thanks again for the kind words.

Jill

I gained 2 lbs the day after surgery, but I believe that is caused by gas (mine started 2 day after and I did not have a BM until this morning after taking a laxative.) I had my surgery Monday also and still very sore and swollen. I just weighed in and lost the 2 lbs so I'm back where I started.

Hey everyone!

My arms are black and blue. Here's a question I have for everyone, that I haven't noticed being asked before. I weighed myself Monday just before I went in to have my surgery and I weighed 229. I got released today(Wed.) and weighed myself on the same scale and I weighed 244. Is this normal? From the swelling perhaps?? Because other than Water and SF popsicles I have not had anything to eat. I didn't even drink more than a few sips of broth. I am happy to say though, that i don't seem to have the horrible gas pains, no nausea, no vomiting. Other than the pain, its been fairly well!

Thanks

Jill

Hi chickychoo and congrats on your banding! I was banded Monday and my arms are really black and blue too. It's just part of the process I guess. I just wanted to share with you what my Dr told me- he said don't weigh yourself from the time you get out of the hospital until our first appointment (which is today for me). He said I've been pumped up with so many IV fluids that I will have appeared to gain weight, and he'd rather I concentrate on getting better. The weight will come off. Just follow his instructions and if you're still concerned before you have your follow up appointment, then call the office for peace of mind. That's what they are there for. Best of luck to you for a speedy recovery :thumbup:

Hi

This is my first post and my surgery date is the same as yours. October 27, 2009. I am in Cleveland Ohio and I am very nervous. :thumbup:

I had my surgery tuesday went home wednesday morning..I have a huge headache and gas... I still haven't has a bm but I'm scared to take a laxitive to help me cuz I thik it will cause so much pain i . I woke up this morning and my shoulders were killing me so I put a heating pad on it and its not that bad right now..

I had my surgery tuesday went home wednesday morning..I have a huge headache and gas... I still haven't has a bm but I'm scared to take a laxitive to help me cuz I thik it will cause so much pain i . I woke up this morning and my shoulders were killing me so I put a heating pad on it and its not that bad right now..

Hi Holly,

Congrats on getting banded. It took my 5 days to have a bm so don't worry. Try sunsweet plumsmart light juice...60 calories and not thick like prune juice.

I had gas pains in my shoulders for about 5 days out. my neck hurt so bad because they lower your head below the table to put the breathing tube in, so my neck muscles were so strained. Anyways, it all gets better. I'm one week out today and it gets better every day.

Hang in there!