Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded 8/11..still so weak?

:thumbdown:How long will this last?I just feel like I have absolutely no energy. Ive never been put under until this surgery so I dont know if its normal so be tired days after or what? Then of course I physc myself out and keep giving myself unnecessary aniexty. I have bad aniexty as it is..ugh! so far I dislike lapband!

:thumbdown:How long will this last?I just feel like I have absolutely no energy. Ive never been put under until this surgery so I dont know if its normal so be tired days after or what? Then of course I physc myself out and keep giving myself unnecessary aniexty. I have bad aniexty as it is..ugh! so far I dislike lapband!

Completely normal!

you should be taking it easy. I was taking naps every day for one week out. I (very dumb) tried to organize a garage sale on my 5th day after with a friend and I wiped myself out... hurt myself a little too.

So relax, take it easy, you're recovering

You just had your body cut into with a scalpel!! Give yourself time to rest. You're body is using all of it's energy to heal right now, not to mention that your calorie intake (assuming you're on liquids or puree) is pretty much nonexistent. Make sure you're walking around to prevent blood clots and get your lungs moving, but otherwise just chill out and focus on healing. When your body is ready, it will let you know.

I definately agree with the other two posts. As long and you keep walking and doing your lung exercises, you MUST take it easy. I'm not one to sit or lay around but after my surgery I took naps daily. I miss them now.

Everyone is different. Give yourself tiime to heal and you will get stronger daily. Congratulations on your new life

Really? Really you "dislike" the band already? That is insane! You just had SURGERY. Did you think you were going to be out playing dodge ball the day after surgery? Your body needs to heal. Some of these posts I read just blow my mind. Did you not ask about how long recovery would take when you talked to the doctor?

Come on- rest and let your body heal.

It is very normal for you to feel this way. I think it was right at a week before I felt like myself again and wasn't so tired and I have been thru about 25 surgeries. Any surgery is going to wear your body down. Just take it easy and rest and don't do things you aren't supposed to do. Good Luck to you and it will get better!

Everyone is different, but I had a really hard recovery, had to have the initial Fluid in band taken out 2 days post-up because of dry-heaving.

I felt weak and tired out really easily for probably 2 weeks. It got a little better each day. i didn't really feel "back to normal" for about 3 weeks...just give your body time to do it's thing...

Sweetkisses,

Try to think positive. Instead of hating the band, look forward to your new life with the band. If the band is used correctly and if you get regular exercise, you will have great success.

I remember telling my husband just a few days post-op that I don't know why I did this to myself. When those pounds start coming off and you fit into clothes you haven't worn for years you will be so excited. So your tired now, no biggie, you just had surgery. You will feel like a new person in just a week.

Hang in there and follow the doctors orders. VERY IMPORTANT!

Donna

The band isn't the cause of your problems! Anesthesia can and does cause the symptoms you describe. Keep doing the breathing exercises, Walk as much as you can, rest when you need to and remember that just because I was up and running the next day, and somebody else was down for 2 weeks means only one thing .... you're gonna end up somewhere in the middle!

You only had surgery 2 days ago... give yourself time. Today is my 6th day since surgery and I am good but still weak. I get very tired easily. I can be up moving for an hour or so but then I need chill out for awhile. Let your body heal, it will get better in time. Good luck!

these posts helped me. just banded 8/10. in pain wake up every 4 hours.

I was banded on 8/11 too! Still feel air in my chest and that is painfull, I walk around the house but still hurts to take a deep breath. I stopped the pain medicine last night becase I was just feeling very sleepy, I do not feel any pain in my incisions. I also wanted to breastfeed my baby because I miss him so much having that bond with him.

But what I read is true, you have to give time to your body to heal. I can't wait for those two weeks to pass and be able to excersise! My husband is getting banded in two weeks and I need the energy to take care of him too as he is taking care of me now.

I can not drink too much fuids because I feel more air in my chest and as i mentioned it hurts, I've only had a cup of chicken broth yesterday and today, I hope this get better tomorrow.

Let's just hung in there!! We can do it!!! right!?

I was banded on 8/11 too! Still feel air in my chest and that is painfull, I walk around the house but still hurts to take a deep breath. I stopped the pain medicine last night becase I was just feeling very sleepy, I do not feel any pain in my incisions. I also wanted to breastfeed my baby because I miss him so much having that bond with him.

But what I read is true, you have to give time to your body to heal. I can't wait for those two weeks to pass and be able to excersise! My husband is getting banded in two weeks and I need the energy to take care of him too as he is taking care of me now.

I can not drink too much fuids because I feel more air in my chest and as i mentioned it hurts, I've only had a cup of chicken broth yesterday and today, I hope this get better tomorrow.

Let's just hung in there!! We can do it!!! right!?

Please be sure you are sipping on Water. Dehydration brings with it a bunch of new problems.

I slept the first week or so almost non-stop. That is part of the reason I lost 10lbs in that week. Just take it easy this was the first time I was put under too. I went with what my body felt it needed. I rolled with it.