Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok went for my first fill/ first appt today since surg. on 6/30/09. I have no idea how much he put in because he says he does not tell his pt. that info. Which ticked me off big time. My body My right to know. Also he told me I must be doing something wrong because I have not lost as much weight as he wanted since surg. We talked about Water and the fact that I thought I was not getting in my 64 oz of water a day and he said over weight people have this "idea" that we have to have this much water or food. He said if I didn't want to eat Breakfast then I didn't have to. He said if I didn't want to drink that much water then I didn't have to. I have been in the medical field for 11 years now. And I know I should be getting in 64 oz of water to keep from being dehydrates a day at least. Has he lost his mind if you don't drink the right amount of water then you will start holding it. Anyway the one thing he said that I did like was if I did not feel a differences with this fill then I could come back next week and have more added.

I would never have gone with a surgeon like that, but that's just me. I figure we need to have the same "philosophy" or it just won't work. Your guy sounds like a dangerous ass.

Your doc sounds like some of the pompous doctors I've worked with for the past 3+ years. I understand why he wouldn't want you to focus on the number of cc's, but if you want to know then he needs to tell you. I would demand some answers at the next visit, and call him out on the Water and skipping breakfast - ask him to explain why this is okay.

For me, personally, I'd be shopping for a new doc. But as RM said, I wouldn't have gone with him in the first place.

The more I think about your doc the madder I get! Thank GOD my Dr. Cavazos doesn't treat medicine like some "inner sanctum" that only the initiated deserve access to. That man has answered, logically and accurately, and with infinite patience, ANY and every question I've asked him. I've even asked him things for people on here (not his patients!) and he's answered me! I don't tolerate that imperialistic attitude from my HUSBAND, I surely wouldn't tolerate it from someone I am PAYING for a service.

First of all he was not like this before surg. I have heard nothing but good things about this Dr. I chose him because of his success rate. not his bedside manner. My hubby and my b/f both have worked with this Dr in the OR for years. And believe me I am not the person to just bend over and take it. I have had to stand up to many Dr for my pt in the past 11 years. As for the diet issue every Dr has their on way of handling it. The more I think about it I think he is trying to play head game to see what I will tell him and why I do things. I had a teacher like this once, and I hate but loved it. It made me us my brain more than just asking a question and getting the answer. there are Pt's. out there that will lie and just tell him what he wants to hear so I understand in away what he is doing. I mean it is all about our mind telling us we are hungry and need this or that. BUT I DO THINK HE COULD DO THIS IN A BETTER WAY.... He is a excellent Surg. but like most Dr I Know, I think they have stepped back and let the staff take over and they just are their because of the MD after their name. Thanks for the replies. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks WTF was he thinking...

The more I think about it I think he is trying to play head game to see what I will tell him and why I do things. ...

A surgeon who plays "head games". Lovely.

I don't tolerate that imperialistic attitude from my HUSBAND, I surely wouldn't tolerate it from someone I am PAYING for a service.

i quadruple that thought!!!!!

A surgeon who plays "head games". Lovely.

Yet it doesn't surprise me, unfortunately. It's a scary thought though!!

You surgeon sounds like an ass hole.

Most of my family members are physicians. I am so glad that I grew up around health care providers because I am completely un-phased and unintimidated by doctors. My doctors work for me.

Good luck.

Start shopping for a new doc NOW! I just had my first fill Wednesday and I didn't lose much weight after surgery either! Once the swelling goes down, you have no restriction. I only lost 6 lbs since surgery! I would call the nurse and ask her how much he put in, then start shoppin around!

Susie Q,

Since you say he is a good surgeon, you may want to discuss your feelings with him on your next visit. I have seen other posts on this site that have said their surgeon doesn't tell them how many cc's they are injecting for the fill. Frankly, I think if you want to know, you should be told.

Also, many people have trouble eating Breakfast, due to more restriction in the morning. My surgeon/nutritionist, and quite a few others from what I have read on this site, advise that it is okay to skip breakfast.

In saying that if you don't want to have breakfast or 64 oz of Water a day, then don't, he is saying don't obsess over the rules, listen to your body. I doubt he is advocating just having 8 oz of Water a day. Some days you'll want all 64 oz, and some days you just won't. Use common sense in your eating/drinking habits. There is no stedfast rule that works for everyone, and we each have to find what works best for us.

Good luck!

Thanks, I am going to talk to him about it. Today, I am kinda glad he has not told me the number he put in. Whatever it was it is working so far, I am not hungry at all and it takes very little when I eat to know I am satisfied. Before my I had this fill I had not problems eating whatever I wanted. Now its like when I first had the surg. again. I feel like if he would have told me my mind may have said hey thats not much go ahead eat what you want. Since he has been doing this so long with such a high success rate then maybe that what he is thinking. Most hung. is in our heads anyway.

Dr. Woodman is a total jerk. An asshole, if you will. He did my surgery in March of 08. I had my first fill with him, and after he wouldn't tell me my fill amount (or even what size band he put inside my body!), I switched over to Dr. Weaver. I am self-pay to the tune of almost $20,000, and I am not going to tolerate some holier-than-thou crap from a surgeon who thinks he's better than everybody else. Dr. Weaver is a sweetheart in every way and I couldn't be happier about making the change to her practice. And believe me, I am merely one of MANY who have left Woodman to see Dr. Weaver instead.

I had my first fill today, too! I had surgery on Sept. 21 and was getting nervous because I seemed to have noticed a lot of people getting their fills much quicker than I. No worries I have lost 26 pounds since the surgery so hopefully now that I have my "adjustment" it will be even more. My doc gave me 3.5 cc's. My next fill is at the end of December and it will be a much smaller amount. I really like how open my doc is. Good Luck!!!