Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't take anymore protein shakes!

I hate them!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I try to drink slowly but it makes me gag!! At first it was easy to drink them...now im sick of them and can't take them anymore...anyone else feel this way?? :w00t:

I paid $126.oo for a huge container of chocolate Protein Shake mix, and two different chewable vitamins from Bariatric Advantage. All of it makes me gag. The Vitamins are like eating paper and the shakes and just nasty. My husband got the Centrum silver chewable, which suck, but are slightly better. I am going to find a liquid Vitamin. I am sipping on a slim fast now...which is better than the BA crap. My doc/nutritionist suggested Unjury for Protein, Powerade Zero, and Crystal light hydration. She said that I should have got the plain powder instead of chocolate (which makes sense) because it is more versatile. Yesterday, I drank the Powerade Zero and felt better. I think I was dehydrated yesterday.

I paid $126.oo for a huge container of chocolate Protein shake mix, and two different chewable Vitamins from Bariatric Advantage. All of it makes me gag. The Vitamins are like eating paper and the shakes and just nasty. My husband got the Centrum silver chewable, which suck, but are slightly better. I am going to find a liquid Vitamin. I am sipping on a slim fast now...which is better than the BA crap. My doc/nutritionist suggested unjury for Protein, Powerade Zero, and Crystal light hydration. She said that I should have got the plain powder instead of chocolate (which makes sense) because it is more versatile. Yesterday, I drank the Powerade Zero and felt better. I think I was dehydrated yesterday.

Ugh that is nuts...I got Body Fortress at Walmart which was 13.96 for a bit bottle...I like it at first, but now I am just plain sick of it...I can't tolerate it anymore. My stomach can't tolerate it anymore!!! :w00t: I can't wait til Monday when I can stop!!! I am taking Centrum chewable vitamins and they have a very weird taste!!!! The best tasting thing I take is the cherry flavored Gas-X lol. It's not that I am hungry and want to eat real food either I have gone to parties this weekend and have had no desire to eat!! I am fine with the broth, Jello, oatmeal, yogurt, applesauce, etc....just NO MORE PROTEIN SHAKES!!! BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that the Protein shakes have taken their toll. BUT they are the only way I'm able to get Protein right now. I'm going to GNC today to buy some IPOSURE, haven't tried that yet. What I've done is take 4 oz of Protein shake and eat them with a spoon. For some reason it goes down easier than "drinking" them. May be worth a shot?!?

Good Luck!

I know what you mean, I like this EAS myoplex shakes they are pretty good, but If I am on a day I don't feel like the shake thing I bought those test tube looking things of whey protien it is 42g, at GNC in grape, and fruit punch flavors only 3 oz, and I have most of my protien I need for a day in one shot, then I sip chicken broth, and my Jello afterwards, and try to get in enough fluids for the day. still not really hungry and If I am I get full really fast. I don't know if I have a fill but I definitly have restriction

I'm not sure if anyone else's dr's told them this but we were advised against the Protein shot/bullets. My dr. said that it wasn't the "right type" of protein. Just thought I would let you know this, incase you hadn't discussed these with your dr.

I am on the liquid post op part of the diet. I got banded a week ago. I am also going through the gag thing from the Protein. I have a little easier time with it when I blend it with ice cubes. It has to be super cold or with chopped ice in it. It helps some. Its all the liquids I have to have to get through this time thats driving me crazy. I am also feeling tired and weak from lack of the right food. Its all a learning thing. I would just LOVE some cottage cheese SO BAD!

Well, off to heat me up some more soup~:w00t:

I'm not sure if anyone else's dr's told them this but we were advised against the Protein shot/bullets. My dr. said that it wasn't the "right type" of Protein. Just thought I would let you know this, incase you hadn't discussed these with your dr.

Thanks but I have spoken to my nutritionist and she said the best one to take is whey protien rather than soy, so this one was one of the ones she recommended, but I am sure everyone is different.

I am on the liquid post op part of the diet. I got banded a week ago. I am also going through the gag thing from the Protein. I have a little easier time with it when I blend it with ice cubes. It has to be super cold or with chopped ice in it. It helps some. Its all the liquids I have to have to get through this time thats driving me crazy. I am also feeling tired and weak from lack of the right food. Its all a learning thing. I would just LOVE some cottage cheese SO BAD!

Well, off to heat me up some more soup~:(

Yes I put alot of ice in it and blend it up to make a smoothie...but still it makes me gag no matter how i have it....lol I cant wait for cottage cheese and mash potatoes lol...even if all i could eat is 3 spoonfuls of it at least it's a different texture and not a shake!

Right now I have to desire to eat what so ever..damn gas, but at the hosptial they gave me some amazing chicken broth, it's Kosher and made by OSEM, trying to get my hands on some more. I got to that same point with the Protein Shakes last week. Did try the Unjury and not bad at all, I might try to Isopure next. But I was told that the SKIM PLUS milk actually has a decent mount of Protein in it so you could technically just drink the milk by itself, I think each 8oz lass has 12g.

I just threw some ice coffee(in blender cup) with a bit of milk and 2 scoops of vanilla isopure.... it was really good. add the ice after you mix it up.... tasted as good as a $4 iced drink at a coffee shop! ( I used to own one ;o) mmmmmmmm coffee I am ON IT! (it was Decaf by the way)

I FEEL THE SAME WAY! But maybe this will help some of you. I posted it in another thread before seeing this thread. Let me know if you need other ideas for flavoring. My dr. gave me a pretty good list of flavor ideas.

Thought I would post the homemade Protein shake that my dr. recommended. I'm getting used to it......I drank all 32 oz of it today! Yeah me!!

32 oz. 1% or skim milk

1 cup powdered milk

That's it........then you can flavor it if you want. Which I do with sugar free Nestles (well it will be TOTALY sugar free once I become more acclimated to it!)

A couple of hints I learned from my BFF who had LP 2 years ago. Don't buy the generic pwdr. milk. I did and I think it makes a difference in taste. And if you put the mix in the blender or Majic Bullet it tastes much better. You can also add a couple of ice cubes. Makes it a little more like a SHAKE!

Don't drink the whole 32 oz mixture in one sitting. It's meant to be (at least) split and sipped. NOT CHUGGED!

Thankfully I am still okay with my shakes (Optifast, strawberry - I actually LIKE it) BUT it is only day 9 of the pre-op for me so... you know... give me time! LOL

I know what people are saying about buying things, it's expensive and then you hate it - they must make SO much money out of people like us.

I bought a large box of the Optifast chocolate shakes ($56 for 21 shakes) and they were repulsive, can't touch them. I also bought the Soups and bars (another $60) and couldn't stomach them. Now I'm onto the Strawberry and thank GOD, I really like them, but they're $36 for 8 shakes. Plus I bought metamucil incase I needed it, haven't gotten a Vitamin yet but I should and by all reports I will be going liquid.

Hang in there girls, these are the tough months for us but they will pass and our lives will be better than ever.

Be strong :-D

I just threw some ice coffee(in blender cup) with a bit of milk and 2 scoops of vanilla isopure.... it was really good. add the ice after you mix it up.... tasted as good as a $4 iced drink at a coffee shop! ( I used to own one ;o) mmmmmmmm coffee I am ON IT! (it was Decaf by the way)

Sounds yummy....how many grams of Protein per drink?

I agree with a lot of you on the cost of trying these things out, but if you purchase at a GNC or Vitamin Shopp they will take things back if you don't like the taste and switch it for something different even if it was opened. As long as you have your reciept you can do it.