Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you believe my insensitive sister ??...RANT ALERT

So here is the background...my 5'2 younger sister has always weighed about 100 lbs her whole life and it wasnt till she got pregnant that she actually gained weight and is at 130 post baby ( OMG!. shocking...right??). Anyways, my sister has always lately been a "difficult" person from time to time, since she became a born again catholic and after which anyone who wasnt was a sinner..yada yada, you get the story...

so here is my rant, I made the mistake of telling her about my upcoming surgery and after pleading with her to put aside her ridiculous inability to be sympathethic :angry: since she has never had a problem with her weight she asked me yesterday when my date was. When I told her it is monday she tells me.." oh that's fast...I still think you should have taken some time to figure out other ways to loose the weight without jumping into surgery":angry::angry::angry: ARRRGGGHHHH !!! Can you FRAKING beleive this FRAKING HORSE SH&% !!! :thumbup::cursing:

What the FRAK happen to supporting your family and being open minded and accepting people for who they are which is what she preaches she is since she goes to church EVERY sunday !!! Give me a FRAKING break..REALLY !! Where is the FRAKIN compassion and understanding???

The funny thing is that God puts the right people in your life always !! I have received an incredible and amazingly touching amount of support from my two closets friends at work.:smile2: Can you beleive that one of them even did the liquid diet with me step by step to help me through it (that was just the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done for me !! :crying:) and signing up at the gym at work to go with me during the group lunches so that I wont be tempted and suffer, not too mention give me the push to work out.. I mean who does that if it isnt an angel from God himself ???

It's mind boggling for me to comprehend how a person that doesnt share a drop of my blood has behaved like more than a sister to me, while my own blood is being a total insensitive B$#T&H !!!

anyways...woohoo!! I feel soooooooooo much better to have gotten that off my chest !!! :confused:

It is pretty rough for your sister not to support you, but I say hold precious those that are supportive and concentrate fully on those positive things. Don't let anything hold you back. YOU know you are doing the best thing for YOU and that is what counts. You keep your spirits high and you only have 2 days left!!! Power through the tough times! Best of luck to you.

Jason

I am sorry to hear about your sister. I have found out some people are just mean. They just don't understand. I work in a doctor's office, and a girl that is tall and skinny told another girl if she would just get that twinky out of her mouth she would loose some weight. WTF! I don't eat stuff like that anyways. It is just hard, when people u love is not supportive. I will be here if you need to hollar.

Allison

Couldn't have said it better myself viprvenm. God put your friend who is helping you in your life so that you could deal with your sister or ignore her whichever. What a beautiful gift to have a friend like that who is going the extra mile to help you out.

People can just be shit sometimes, there's no other explanation for it - and mostly, when people are shit like that, it's because they have their own insecurities. Do you think perhaps being thin is something she's always subconsciously thought of as something she has that you don't, and she's scared that when you lose weight she'll lose that 'edge'? It's possible.

One of my supposed 'best friends' has been horrendous, and it seems MY surgery is all about HER at the moment - she is a big girl who really enjoys being indulgent, especially with unhealthy foods - and she can barely even find the time to speak to me, leave a comment on my Facebook when I update about lapband and never asks to spend ANY time with me since I announced I was having this done... and everyone who knows us both has said to be that it's clear to them that she is flipping out about me losing weight and her still being big. I've never once rubbed it in her face, but if she's not willing to make the sacrifices that I am, what can I do about it?

So anyway, somehow this post became all about me and it was meant to be about you... in summary, people are just shit ;-)

You would think I would be right there on the band wagon so to speak. BUT....

I think her comment was more out of fear for you. I had a LOT of people who worried about the surgery. It wasnt that they didnt want me to lose the weight, it was the fear of what could happen to me with surgery....and RIGHTFULLY so! I mean, people do have complications with this surgery. Its not a step your going to take lightly, why is she going to? Its a natural fear for people who dont have a weight issue to be uneducated in everything you have studied up on for a while. Give her a little chance to show her love. AFTER the surgery is where you will see where the friends and family are that support you. Hang in there

Thanks all for allowing me to vent and for your words of encouragement !! I am incredible thankful and words can't express how floored I am on how my friends have really rallied around me. I am not a "religious" person per se...but I

am amazed how God always seems to give you a cushion when you fall !!!

Princess...you're right, that might be it and I guess only time will tell...I hope !!!! but if that's not the case I am thankful that I have found an incredible source of support in you guys and in my sisters by choice !!!! :thumbup: