Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one Banded 8/4/09 or 1st week of August

Hello i am still here... It has been pretty slow for me to i am down about 45lbs so far, I have been doing the gym at least 3 times a week. I have had only 2 fills since my surgery in Aug. I have been having hard time with the fills they are way to tight and I cant eat anything, but I feel like I am at my sweet spot so i am going to work with it.... Keep up the good work!!!!

Hello i am still here... It has been pretty slow for me to i am down about 45lbs so far, I have been doing the gym at least 3 times a week. I have had only 2 fills since my surgery in Aug. I have been having hard time with the fills they are way to tight and I cant eat anything, but I feel like I am at my sweet spot so i am going to work with it.... Keep up the good work!!!!

Thanks! You too! I was beginning to think I was all alone out there! Nice to know someone still is fighting the good fight!:thumbup:http://www.lapbandtalk.com/images/smilies/default%20smilies/smile.gif

I'm still here! And I am in the same boat. Slow going but not gaining! I must admit that I have not been putting in the effort that I should. The holiday's screwed me up and I've had a very hard time getting back on track. My eating is getting better (had a fill 2 weeks ago and am very tight) but still struggling with the exercising thing. Good to hear from you. Hopefully others will check in too!

Blessings,

Sarah

Hi August Bandsters -- I was banded August 11, 2009 and have lost 52 pounds so far (started at 228, now at 176). I didn't go in for scheduled fills in December, January, and part of February, and had a pause in my weight loss. I was fine with that - I didn't gain anything (lost a few pounds), but we were travelling a lot and I was happy to be not too tight. I absolutely LOVE my band, and my most conscious thought is that I don't want to strangulate myself so that I won't be able to eat properly. So far, so good. I can't believe the difference in my mobility, and it's just so much easier to navigate my body around throughout the day. Keep on truckin'!

Hi all, I was losing really fast in the beginning but now, not so much, in the past month I have lost 4 pounds, but that's better than nothing! Exercising helps, but I definately need to do more than I am. Why am I paying for the gym membership again?? OH YAH, RIGHT, BECAUSE I SHOULD BE GOING!!! That is my hardest struggle and it's not that I don't want to go, it's I have no time. So much going on with work and being here 10 to 12 hours a day my poor house is also neglected. Well, my 20 year class reunion is on my band birthday this year and I am going to bust my butt this summer and my goal is 30 more pounds before then... I want to look somewhat like I did in high school right? I just have to lay off the stupid wine, that's my weakness, that and salty chips- BAD COMBO, thank god I don't do it much. Good Luck to everyone...by the way... since the surgery I can no longer eat the following items: Rice, bread, Muffins, Pork (NO PORK AT ALL), Yogurt, Milk, and the skin of fruit like grapes and nectarines...weird, anyone else have a problem like that? GEEZZZZ I didn't know I had to give up my pork chops :thumbup:

Have a Happy Easter everyone and chew chew chew!

Yay! I'm soo glad everyone is still on here and sounds like we're all on the same page. The weight loss is going slow for me too. I have lost 63lbs so far, but that was with a lot of work. I'm still not at a good restriction. I can definately eat more than 1 1/2 cups of food. If it wasn't for the amount of exercise I do, I don't think I would have lost the amount of weight I have. I work out 5-6 days a week and eat 1100-1200 calories a day. How much is everyone else eating?

You guys are going to hate me, I was banded 08-10-09, I am down 120lbs. Keep up the hard work you can do it!!!!

Hi ALL!

Just checking to see how everyone is doing. I have not been following any plan really and have lost a total of 35lbs. I am still satisfied because without this surgery I would probably have gained that much weight by now! My bmi is 28.8 and am relieved that I am now in the overweight category. I know I eat more than 1 1/2 cups per sitting. Here are some of the foods I can no longer eat because my band won't allow it : Calamari, ground beef, flour tortillas, bread (most bread products) chewy veges, rice, sushi (I really miss this one!)...I don't really like sweets but I do love flavored yogurt, which I can still eat. I tend to eat alot of Soups. I don't enjoy meat so much anymore. It is too much trouble to get it down. I think one of the main reasons I am still losing is just the fact that I have had to cut out much of the starch that I used to eat. I don't do diet sodas anymore, just Water with a lemon wedge or diluted propel, which I love. What have you guys had to cut out food wise?

Hi ALL!

Just checking to see how everyone is doing. I have not been following any plan really and have lost a total of 35lbs. I am still satisfied because without this surgery I would probably have gained that much weight by now! My bmi is 28.8 and am relieved that I am now in the overweight category. I know I eat more than 1 1/2 cups per sitting. Here are some of the foods I can no longer eat because my band won't allow it : Calamari, ground beef, flour tortillas, bread (most bread products) chewy veges, rice, sushi (I really miss this one!)...I don't really like sweets but I do love flavored yogurt, which I can still eat. I tend to eat alot of Soups. I don't enjoy meat so much anymore. It is too much trouble to get it down. I think one of the main reasons I am still losing is just the fact that I have had to cut out much of the starch that I used to eat. I don't do diet sodas anymore, just Water with a lemon wedge or diluted propel, which I love. What have you guys had to cut out food wise?

I have pretty much the same restrictions as you Susan. bread of any kind, (muffins, bagles, toast). I too eat a lot of Soup and oatmeal. I can't eat nuts, like a handful of walnuts, almonds Nope! meat isn't an issue. But NO steak. I do alot of ground chicken/turkey. NO fish...it gets stuck.

I'm down approximately 23-24 pounds. I get so discouraged. I've been at this weight since December. minus 1 or 2 here and there.

Its just such a slow process. I feel like I'm all alone but I see your right here with me!

Hi CarrieLynn!

I can only say for me, that it is my fault it is not going quicker. I seldom exercise and I am quite sure that I have a slow metabolism. It sure would be great to reach my goal by my 1 year date (8-1-10), but I must be realistic. I am setting a goal of 5lbs per month beginning today. I would love to be below 160 by that date!

As far as I am concerned, any weight loss is great, and I honestly believe that the slower it comes off, the less likely I am to regain. Keep me updated!

I don't excercise as per "go to the gym, run 5 miles". But I don't lay around either. I am a House wife /mom of older teens. My husband is on the road 10 days at a time.

I watch what I eat...I don't lay and eat bon bons...but yes I have an occasional kiddy cone from DQ and a random cup cake. I know thats horrible but I do cheat!

Your right the slower it comes off the better chance we have in it staying off. I just get so fustrated. If I wanted to diet or could do it by diet I wouldn't have had the dang band done!!

I was banded 8/15/09. I am down 70 lbs. as of yesterday. Feeling great. I can eat really anything only twice has something gotten stuck. I don't eat bread because that is a change I wanted to make. I do exercise alot. Plus I really watch what I eat. Feeling great was the best thing I ever did.

I have noticed that everyday is different. What I ate yesterday I may not tolerate tomorrow. I vomit, well not vomit but productive belch at least every day. I'm still learning to chew...this is the first adjustment I've acutally had restriction!

I had been at a still still since December also only because. I stopped exercising and started eating the wroong foods. I just started working out again and hopefully I will stick to it. I had to go get an unfill on yesterday because I was vomiting in my sleep. Having heart burn real bad. That was going since my last fill in february and was just getting worst. She took out 0.25cc and I feel so much better but I'm able to eat more food. I was satified before. But being too tight will not help you lose weight it causes complications.