Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you get de-banded after being banded?

Erin, it may be as simple as changing your nausea medication! call the doc as early as you can, go see him if necessary, do what he suggests and hopefully you'll feel much better FAST. You're certainly not the only person to experience this and so soon after surgery it is definitely common to feel like you've made a big mistake.

Email me if you need to!

parr0thd51@aol.com that's the number "zero" in my screen name instead of the letter "oh".

thanks I will

Erin - please don't give up. I am only 28 and I had this done a week and a half ago and up until two days ago I just felt yuck. I mean I was able to keep my liquids down but my body just was wore out. Yesterday and today I feel great. Couldn't really feel better other than I am ready to go to the mushie stage which isn't much longer. Also if you aren't able to keep anything at all down you might want to call your doctor b/c you may be dehydrated and that makes you feel really bad too. Just hang in there. I know you can do it and I know you will feel better after you pass this stage. Good Luck and please don't give up!

Erin, sudden flash! I remembered that some doctors put some fill in the bands at surgery. Check with your doctor to see if you're one of those. You may need to have some Fluid removed!

And MomWifeLove is right on .... being dehydrated can make you nauseous. That means that if you get a little unfill in the above circumstance, you would be able to drink better and would be better hydrated and that could solve the problem.

BUT you have to CALL YOUR DOCTOR.

I felt nauseated ever since surgery, I don't feel like myself, I feel like I can't eat anything without being nauseated, I feel like I got to vomit a lot, I wish I didn't get this done, is it possible to get de-banded this early? I want it out I feel horrible and miserable ))):::

Erin ~ I have been thinking of you. Feeling any better??

it's annoying, I want to be normal again ):

Did you call and talk to your Dr.? I think you should seek help from a counselor to help you sort things out before doing something drastic like having it removed. Have you thought what you will feel like after it is removed? Will you regret it?

I feel so sorry that you have been so sick and that your experience has been so bad. I hope you make the right desicion for you! But please talk to your Dr. Maybe they put some fill in during surgery and need to take it out. I have read some people do have some fill added at surgery time.:wink2:

yeah there is some fill in there but he doesn't want to take any out just yet he wants me to keep going, he did a barium swallow today and everything was fine and in it's place, had some Protein Shake a lil while ago feel okay, h gave me a stronger nausea med to take, so yeah

I was thinking maybe if I try some full liquids I'll feel a lil better cause my stomach was growling like I was hungry earlier

how do I know I'm hydrated for sure?

yeah there is some fill in there but he doesn't want to take any out just yet he wants me to keep going, he did a barium swallow today and everything was fine and in it's place, had some Protein Shake a lil while ago feel okay, h gave me a stronger nausea med to take, so yeah

I am so glad you are starting to feel better, hang in there I bet it will get better every couple of days.:wink2:

hopefully it will

I will be praying you will get through all of this. And the rest of the time will just be a great experience for you. Stay on the message board I know that will help you it helps me.

I can't wait tip the nausea feelings will go away, that's the only thing that is bothering me

Erin 18, Glad to hear things are turning the corner. Still rest. You have to push fluids- a few sips of Water at a time. Try drinking ungelled Jello. At least it has a flavor) In liquid form it may give you some sense of feeling full. I craved Pickle Juice and juice around olives as everything was so sweet. :cool2:use a spoon until you feel it will stay down.

Good Luck

I've been sipping without a spoon as of yesturday should I go back using a spoon? How do I know I'm hydrated?