Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you get de-banded a week after being banded?

So I feel fine in the morning then at night ifeel horrible, nauseated horrible, ever since I got banded I want out I feel horrible

I can't even eat anything without my stomach hurting or I should say feeling nauseated sucks!!!

can't even sleep well either

You may have some restriction from having the band placed. Sucks right now, but better for you in the long run. I was like that and I didn't feel well until I moved to full liquids. Your body is literally starving right now and when you go an extended period of time with only Clear Liquids you will become nauseous. I had a tooth extracted yesterday and didn't consume anything but Water for 18 hours and was about to vomit in my car today. I got home, took my nausea medicine, took a 2 hour nap, woke up, ate and now I feel fine. If it is time for you to move to full liquids, then do so, the nausea will subside. I hurt for over a week after my surgery and couldn't even get out of bed unassisted for 4-5 days. It takes people different amounts of time to recover. You will, however begin to feel a little better each day after you move to full liquids and then on to mushies when it is time. You body is trying to heal right now.

If you think you are experiencing other than your body healing and being hungry, call your surgeon.

I can't even eat anything without my stomach hurting or I should say feeling nauseated sucks!!!

Eat? What are you trying to eat 6 days post op, or do you mean Protein drinks?

I mean chicken broth and yeah Protein Shakes too but it hard cuz it tastes weird

I mean chicken broth and yeah Protein shakes too but it hard cuz it tastes weird

I understand. I hated Protein Shakes and refused to drink them. I used the Protein bullets, because they were only 3 oz each so it was easy to get them down. I know it feels difficult now, but the sooner you can move to full liquids the better you will begin to feel.

today was the first day i had full liquids and i feel better today than yesturday, woohoo, i had some Protein Shake 2 times today and some cream of potato Soup yummy :thumbup:

Erin, go on line and try the Syntax Protein mix called nectar. It comes in all kinds of flavors. My favorite of course is the truffle. I drink it with skim milk and it is yummy!

today was the first day i had full liquids and i feel better today than yesturday, woohoo, i had some Protein shake 2 times today and some cream of potato Soup yummy :lol:

I am glad you are finally feeling better and on the road to recovery.

I felt good for two weeks! But now I'm feeling like crap again. You know how it feels when you're sick and you have a bunch of crap in your throat? Well that's what my throat feels like and it won't go away I've had this Friday night, haven't had much of an appetite but got some food in not much tho, whatever I have in my throat is making me sick, I don't actually feel nauseated and my stomach feels like I've been punched in my stomach and I've been getting dizzy and been in bed cause I feel like I cant go anywhere without feeling sick and haveing to put my hand near my mouth so I won't get sick I called today and the earliest is next week, hopefully I can hold off that long...ugh why does this have to happen to me??

Sorry to hear you are having a tuff time Erin, have you talked to your Dr?

I say hang in there and I made the mistake early in trying to drink my broth, Water and shakes to fast and would feel like you.

Tiny tine sips but all day long and remember you just had major surgery they stuck things in your body!!! It takes a while to heal.

Good luck!

I see my dr on the second cause he's on vacation and there's nobody else I can see till he comes back and the second was the earliest I can get in I can keep things down I have a slight appetite now and ate better than yesturday.

Is it normal to have that feeling in my throat like there's mucus or stuck feeling for 5 days? I think this feeling in my throat is what's making me feel sick to my stomach sometimes and sometimes nauseated and I get dizzy when I get up meh the nurse said I might have a narrowing. I just wish I could get in sooner. And I know it's healing time I just don't think I should be having that feeling in my throat right now. I know I have to give it tim e to heal, I just wish I had a better summer before I went back to school,

Erin, I had a stinker of a summer cold a couple of weeks back. At first, I didn't realize I was coming down with it and I felt like something was stuck in my throat. See my post to your other thread about phlegm/mucus

Erin:

You may want try Hot Tea and if that doesn't help, try cold sugar free popsicles. One of them might help your throat while it also gives you liquid to keep you from getting dehydrated.

Please share with us what the doctor tells you. I'm curious.

I hope you feel better soon.

I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Sue