Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

Hi ladies. No church this morning. Nick through a hissy fit again so he is in his room for the time being. At least until this afternoon. Jeff is snowmobiling. It was a 100 mile trip and I thought that might be too much for me for the first ride of the season. Maybe in a month, but shorter for now would be better. Maybe one afternoon this week we will go.

So today Rose and I are going to attempt our 90-minute quilt projects. Read the directions and they just sound funked up! Not sure we're going to follow it to the letter. We will see. It might be a good idea. Just don't know. Here's the link to the one I am attempting:

90 Minute Quilts - Introduction

That's for Jai. I bought a rainbow type fabric with black stripes in between...really cute...with polka dots in the rainbow stripes.

Nick's is going to just be a checkerboard of 2 fabrics. He loves jungle stuff so I bought a jungle looking pattern and then a batik. We'll have to see how they turn out. Wish me luck.

I'm sure they won't take 90 minutes, but maybe we can get them done by next Sunday.

food is better so far today. Kashi for Breakfast, not sure what I'll do for lunch but bought some good stuff at the store on Friday so it should be better. Bought some turkey tenderloins so think I'll put one in the pressure cooker for dinner. Jeff probably won't be home so don't have to worry about him. Kids never eat what I cook so I don't have to cater to them....I get to pick!!!

Candice, I'll go to Mexico with you. Just let me know...

Karla, your day from hell has to be better today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Good luck on the food today. Keep an eye on it. I find if I nibble, I can nibble for hours, but if I sit and eat solid, I'm full for awhile. Bad habits.

I haven't thought about Car in awhile! I hope she is doing good. Candice, will you email her and tell her we miss her? She was such a hoot. I remember thinking I could do the Denver 3-day and meet her. Maybe next time.

No news on Jeff's surgery. We'll see if he follows through. Not holding my breath but he did bring it up on Thursday without me saying anything....so maybe he is serious.

Okay...that was a seriously random post so it must be time to get down to work. Hugs ladies. Have a great day!! Love you all!

Oh that's a great Quilt project... It will go together quickly for sure!!! If you do the back of the quilt in FLANNEL it will make it really COZY to cuddle under :biggrin: WHen I do a lap sized quilt I often back them in flannel.. so couchy and soft :blink:

I'm crossing my fingers for Jeff making up his mind about SURGERY, I'm opting for the SLEEVE, as that is what I'd do if I had it to do over again.

Quick break from writing my unit. 2/3rds done!! It isn't great, but it is only a rough draft.

food good so far:

BF: blueberries/yogurt kashi

snack: small banana

lunch: small bowl of tomatoe basil Soup with tortollini

Beverages:

2 coffee

1 diet soda (I know, but I rarely have them)

1 large glass of crystal lite

Just looking at this I think calorie wise you are doing great. However, I think the reason you are not staying full is do to the lack of dense meat Proteins. Kashi has a fair amount of Protein but it isn't the same thing.There are more carbs than protein so your body ends up digesting it more like a carb than like a protein.

That would be my only suggestion.

Edited by salsa1877

INcluding dinner, I've had 700 cals today.

chicken KOrma for supper over brown rice, with Broccoli.

What a lazy day today~ still in my jammies (which consist of Army thermal underware) no bra, just WILD and FREE!!! Oh poor Peter... he never complains about my COZY attire... LOL :blink:

Quick check in. Jeff's still gone but I hope he's in town, just sittin somewhere. It's dark and I hate it when he rides after dark.

Got Jaimison's quilt front done. Or rather, mostly done. I think it's too small so I'm going to the fabric store tomorrow to see if I can find anything to coordinate with it to border it. I bought the fabric in Billings so I'm a little screwed if I can't.

Cut Nick's out and will stitch it tonight. Mom has hers cut and will sew next. Then I can pin and stitch. His is going to be the same problem, but I think I can find another batik to make an outside border work. We will see. I may buy two more and do more of a random type like on this page:

90 Minute Quilts - Introduction

My camera is frozen so I'll post pics when it thaws out. I'm so excited. Jai's turned out better than I thought and Nick's is going to be really cool.

okay...now I have to put the tenderloin in the pressure cooker. Will check in later with pics...but probably post on FB because I can't seem to post them here for some reason. Later ladies.

Twitter update 4:04 p.m.

I am ticked - called the nail place - told me to come in @ 1:15 (called at 12:15) so get there at 1:15 - my girl says it's be another 1/2 hr I must have spoke to vicky instead of mickey(my girl) - I spoke to mickey - so said I didn't have time to wait - got a guy name John - he did a real good job - then Mickey say oh - you did talk to me - I forgot I had a 1:15 - ya my ass - someone walked in at 1 and you took them...

That's why I never make appt at the shops anymore - cuz they don't stand by them..

Anyway did that went to Target

Got 2 sports bra's to wear around the house - depending on my t-shirt or jammies - i don't go braless in front of andrew or like when Joseph is here (infront of the girls who cares)- like in a white thin tee shirt you know the kind you can see the boobs thru and mine look like pancakes - it's not like we are super modest - hell when andrew was little he took showers with me and he will see me in my bra & spanks - but it's just some things

Got some jammies ( 2 pairs - capri/tanks) that I can wear around the house and exercise in the house in - then got a new wii active game - swim suit for $20 -

Waiting for the dryer to finish - oh it just did - need to put sheets on the bed..

cbl

Fantastic Steph - I guess they are 90 minute quilts :0)

Cal today 150 but about to go eat these new chips 150 for 19 - I have already counted them out..

Twitter update 5:51 - just did 33 min on the new wii active game - I liked it - Karri I think you would like it you put in if you want easy med or hard workout - I was going to go medium but then said what the hell are you exercising for ;0) so did hard ;0). Had to jump in place for 150 jumps - barely made it - it's on an island setting and it's faster than the wii fit - burn 157.4 calories..

Ok off to start dinner & lunch for the week - my Atkins DD is going to love this - one pot wonder chicken & yellow & green squash - onion - bell pepper - jalepeno and Tomato sauce and of course garlic - I am going back to no carbs at lunch - that's how I did it in the beginning and it worked - so hopefullly my other lbs will be gone by Thursday.. P.S. not cutting them at night just for lunch - going back to pt & veggies for lunch..

Whew! Whatta day.

Jeff is home. He rode 120miles. YIKES Glad I didn't go.

the quilt squares for Nick's don't make it big enough so I went through my closet and found some scraps that I had. Washed, dried, ironed, and cut a bunch of 6 inch squares. I worked for about an hour to see if I could make it better. I'm pretty sure I have the patter like I want it but now I need one more fabric...so tomorrow will go to the barber shop and see what she has. Hopefully will find something that coordinates.

Mom is still working on hers. I'll post pics of hers when she gets the top done. It's going to be GORGEOUS. Her eye is amazing. I don't have that eye for colors. But...I love what I did today and I'm not complaining. Pics to follow soon.

So I'm going to sit and do not much. Have a great night. Love you all!

food good so far:

BF: blueberries/yogurt kashi

snack: small banana

lunch: small bowl of tomatoe basil Soup with tortollini

Beverages:

2 coffee

1 diet soda (I know, but I rarely have them)

1 large glass of crystal lite

2 coffee

100 cal popcorn

1/2 chicken breast

2 bites of potato

3 baby carrots

large glass of crystal lite

Still could eat some more

got an extention on unit, but it is mainly written and am stopping for tonight.

TTFN

Good morning, hope you all had a good evening!

Will be busy finish up unit tonight, so I won't be in much.

Steph, I love the quilts. For the first one, you could always add a nice black border. Make one about 2 inches, then put in a narrow one (1 inch) of the main color if you have enough, and then finish off with another row (3 inches) of black. Or pick up a solid/batik color of the main blocks. A trick to sewing a narrow border is to cut in double width, example if you wanted a narrow border of 1/2 inch (after sewing) cut it 3 inches wide, fold in half and Iron (now it is 1 1/2 inches) sew in as usual (do not unfold) and you will end up with a 1/2 inch border after you sew the last black strip on. When you sew really narrow borders like this (1 inch or less) if you don't double fold them, they will distort really easy when you sew them and they end up looking all squiggly.

Just a thought.

Well best get going. check in tonight.

Good Morning Gang...

food yesterday

Quesidilla 150 Cal

Some baked chips 150

4 oz bbq ck 200

1 cup broc w/flax seed meal 50

1/4 c fideo (tiny pasta) 75

100 cal popcorn

1 8 oz cup lite crangrape 40

1 8 oz cup oj.. 100

So approx 865 add 20% = 1038

BF - Steel Cut Oats w/1 tblspn flax seed meal & raisins

200 ca

lunch - One pot wonder ck & squash = 250

dinner - ??? I have bbq left so that and some veggies

Have gym tonite...

CBL

Oh how I love today. NOT. Frustrated, angry (trying to get over it) and stuck, stuck, stuck!!!

2 words - pharmacy school :0) Hugs Hugs Hugs

oh Karla - food cop not going to get pissed about the soda (diet is a must though) every now and then I do it - never was a big soda drinker - but every now and then I want one - and they do make me feel full - i pour them back and forth between 2 glasses to get some of the carbonation out..

Hi there ladies. Not much to report today. Jai's birthday. I can't believe she is 3. Absolutely crazy.

I want to be sewing but am cleaning instead. Birthday party tonight. Almost done so I can go finish piecing Nick's. Found a material to add to Jai's so could get her front finished this evening. Found 2 different materials that I like to add to Nick's so washing and will cut the squares and see which I like better.

Needed to take a break and check in. Need to go do something for lunch. Not sure what I'm going to have. Try to find something yummy.

Talk to you tonight.

Love you!