Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky #7 are still going strong !!!

BRRR, Janet, you must be freezing!!!

I had a major case of the hungries today, cruising for food. Had an apple & grapes & a wedge of laughing cow and 6 small gluten free crackers, and popcorn. More food than necessary, but better than the snickers bar that I really wanted. I hate the hungries. I dont' get them often, but cold weather puts me into hibernation mode, fatten up and get an anal plug!! And yes I do turn into a bear during the winter. Only 5 months to go...

Dealing with a headache this afternoon.

One of our teachers had gallbladder surgery 2 weeks ago and yesterday was saying that her leg hurt. I nagged her about calling the doc. Finally at about 10 pm she could not walk and ended up in the ER with a blood clot in her leg and she is a young pup, in her early 40's. Needless to say, it went through my head...what if I got that? Stupid I know..

Phyl, Linda, Candice, where are you? Hope you are all okay!

Brrrrr, cold here too!!! It's my 36th anniversary today. Peter wanted to take me out for dinner....but I had a leftover chicken in the fridge and it needed to be eaten TODAY... so I made my supreme casserole and it was good. Plus, I found a bottle of FRENCH wine from Narbonne-PLage... where we stayed in France... so it was good, not great... but it was wine WHOA_HO!!!!

THen for dessert we had my crustless, SF low Fat Cheesecake, with Cool whip in top... yummy!!!

N0w I am pissed and trying to stary warm!!

Karla; yup kids will be home for Xmas... don't know for how long... probably 2 days... they have cats at home that need looking after.

Thats all the news for today ( HIC)

:)

Karla--You rare not stupid to consider the possibilities. Of course we always worry about the "What if's" but here's where faith comes in. I believe that ultimately we are in God's hands, and nothing will happen to us that is not part of His plan. We take risks every day of our lives. You need this surgery. Yes, there are always risks, but when the benefits outweigh the risis, you make a reasonable, intelligent decision to move forward. Thankfully, you were there to encourage your coworker to seek medical atteniton. She'll be OK--thanks to you. As for you: Do your the leg exercises post op. Keep 'em moving every couple of hours. Get up and walk, walk, walk. . .

Candice--HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Lucky Peter to have you this long!

Phyl--check facebook! Keep the instructions for the Bracelet so you can teach me how to make one in March.

Janet--how's your sister? How's Andrew? Did you take off for the week of 3/14?

Candice....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow 36 years.....I'm in awe. I never made it past 8. This March I will have been single for 17 years.... Give Peter a hug for us all, and tell him he better be nice or the sexy lady he is married to may well just dump him for a young sexy pup!!!

Karla - Seems like a few pple I know have gotten blood clots from surgery - I know of 3 who didn't have surgery and got blood clots.. Any time I get pain in my legs I worry about that - got one right not but not hot or swollen ;0) those are the signs..

Well back from bootcamp - new teacher does a lot of jumping- I don't jump too much on my 55 (almost 56) yr old knees - tail bone feels better but not 100%

Did some modifications but still worked up a sweat ;0)

Making fish w/the garlic oil & dipping seasoning I got yesterday - plus added more garlic & cajun seasonings - think it's going to be the bomb - Fresh green Beans and maybe a red potato (very small) might skip that for my popcorn

BF - 1/2 chicken thigh - lunch salad & Chicken thigh - 1 string cheese..

well timer going off..

Previous post started before I left for gym..

Candice Happy Anniversary 36 yrs WoW - I can't make it past 2 yrs ;0) 1 st married for 1.5 yr 2nd time from 99 to 02..

Linda - Everytime I call Sis I get machine - Talked to Joseph and said she's fine - Andrew's good - all moved into his own place - called last night to say hi - asked why he didn't stop by after work - said - Oh I have to get home to my dog and I still gotta cook dinner ;0)..

I agree about surgery and God plan - My Uncle won't get knee replacment afraid of the 1% chance something could go wrong - Hell who know's if we are going to wake up in the morning - it's all in God's hands/plan for us.

Yes I have taken the time of ;0) - Are you flying into LA or Palm Springs or Ontario..

Palm Springs my 1st choice - ;0) - But Ontairo will be cheaper it's only 1.5 away - and not at all like LAX which is a BIG airport.....

Candice - you are flying into LAX right?? I've only been to that airport once as a grown up and we took a bus -

Morning!! hope everyone had a good night sleep. Went to bed at 9, was just pooped. I have conferences tonight & tomorrow night, so will pop in if I can.

Phyl is still AWOL, whats up?

Janet good job on the modifying. Jumping is over rated anyway. Better to be kind to our vintage joints.

Did a little work on Christmas projects. DD#2 asked for some hats that are crochet & are similar to one she had. Found a pattern almost like it, a beanie type with a shell stitch. I'll put a little embroidery on it and a couple of beads & it will be unique.

Candice keep up the good work, eat healthy.

Linda, hopefully you are getting caught up on all your school work. It is great to be on vacation, but it sure can be a pain when you get back. How is your coworker doing that recently lost her husband?

Phyl, how is your friend doing? Did the family cause a ruckus at the memorial?

Check in tonight, ttfn

Good Morning Gang..

Karla - LOL vintage joints - I agree... I sure in the heck aint going to do something that's going to hurt me so I can't exercise at all..

43 degrees - cold ;0) - Phyl I am not turning on the heater - I just put on my fluffy robe - Maybe you should get one for Earl for Xmas - that way he can put it on and conserve on electricity which cost $$$ - I would think he would be really into to that ;0) lol...

Karla - Phyl posted yesterday on the mentor thread - she had beading class I think or beaded - cuz on FB I saw a pic of a bracelet.. She's going to start taking a day a week to herself..

Speaking about Elect bill mine went down to $164 - was $303 last month - and I did use ac for a bit last month - but not much loving the lower bill..

Linda - How's the GBabies Cora & Levi ;0) Hows the tummy - hows your el groovo (that's what I call DH's)

Candice - What's the plan for the day !!!

Phyl - What are you going to do for your next girl day ;0)

CBL !!

I'm here!! Just quickly read all the posts I've missed!! Busy day yesterday. Then I got started playing this stupid cube game on FB last night... and got tired WAY earlier than my usual bed time, so... didn't post! My bad!!

Made a Bracelet that i LOVE yesterday. Teacher tried to talk me out of the pattern I planned... I wanted my butterflies two colors she suggested alternate colors... one pink,next one blue. I did it MY way!! LOL! After I had first two patterns done she sat down and said, "WOW"... or something like that!! HAHA! She said she was so glad she didn't talk me out of what I wanted to do. She has asked me several times if I was an artist (yeah! Right!) because she likes the way I put my colors together.

Enough bragging! I have to get ready or Water aerobics! I"m 5 minutes behind my schedule!! more later!! I love you all!!

Previous post started before I left for gym..

Candice Happy Anniversary 36 yrs WoW - I can't make it past 2 yrs ;0) 1 st married for 1.5 yr 2nd time from 99 to 02..

Linda - Everytime I call Sis I get machine - Talked to Joseph and said she's fine - Andrew's good - all moved into his own place - called last night to say hi - asked why he didn't stop by after work - said - Oh I have to get home to my dog and I still gotta cook dinner ;0)..

I agree about surgery and God plan - My Uncle won't get knee replacment afraid of the 1% chance something could go wrong - Hell who know's if we are going to wake up in the morning - it's all in God's hands/plan for us.

Yes I have taken the time of ;0) - Are you flying into LA or Palm Springs or Ontario..

Palm Springs my 1st choice - ;0) - But Ontairo will be cheaper it's only 1.5 away - and not at all like LAX which is a BIG airport.....

Candice - you are flying into LAX right?? I've only been to that airport once as a grown up and we took a bus -

NO JANET, I am flying into and out of PALM SPRINGS... cause that is the closest. I didn`t want you to have to drive all the way into and out of LA.... too much freeking trouble for you :thumbup:

NO JANET, I am flying into and out of PALM SPRINGS... cause that is the closest. I didn`t want you to have to drive all the way into and out of LA.... too much freeking trouble for you :thumbup:

Not too much trouble - just don't know LAX ;0) - I would have driven there - but us country folk aren't use to the big airports and manurvering ;0).. - but I know I could have figured it out ;0)...

I have been officiall approved for 3/14 ;0)

NO JANET, I am flying into and out of PALM SPRINGS... cause that is the closest. I didn`t want you to have to drive all the way into and out of LA.... too much freaking trouble for you :thumbup:

It's a great airport.

Not too much trouble - just don't know LAX ;0) - I would have driven there - but us country folk aren't use to the big airports and maneuvering ;0).. - but I know I could have figured it out ;0)... I have been officially approved for 3/14 ;0)

Are you off the whole week??

I think I asked you that the other day

but don't remember what you said.

We can help with transportation.

Not too much trouble - just don't know LAX ;0) - I would have driven there - but us country folk aren't use to the big airports and manurvering ;0).. - but I know I could have figured it out ;0)...

I have been officiall approved for 3/14 ;0)

Hey, that's great news about your Vacation Time being approved!! WQHoo-hoo!!!!

I received my PB2 today by fedex.... I tried it already in Choc Pudding... made the reg recipe but added 2 tbspns of PB2.... yummy only added 30 cals per pudding... so with cool whip 100 cals...!!!

Havn't tried the chocolate PB style yet... Going to be a bit high on cals. today...no junk food, but had Fried Scallops at lunch 600 cals... yikes!! Didn't eat the French Fries though so that was good.

Good Evening Gang -

Yes Phyl I have taken the whole week off ;0)

Well Melissa called me at work today to say Kaitlin being lazy - not doing well in school.. yada yada yada - So had to call and tell Kaitlin off - told her it's my privilege to cancel her bday if she doesn't straighten up and fly right ;0) I wasn't very nice - but she's a 16 yr old girl (well almost 12/1) and she has an excuse for everything and she's nasty - she doesn't clean...

That's about it for me - hungry but it's only 5:30 - gotta go feed the dogs in a few and start my acorn squash...

Janet, sorry on the GD, every once in a while they do need a swift kick! How's your sister doing?

One night of parent conferences down and one more to go. Then a 3 day weekend!!!!

Phyl, I bet the bracellet is gorgeous, all of your other stuff is fabulous. Good job not caving to the instructor, you knew what you wanted and that is what makes the difference. You are an artist!!! I'll have to go to FB and check it out.

Miss Molly woke me up a 1/2 hour before the alarm. No sense going back to bed! I really hate when she does that, but her bladder hasn't caught up with the time change.

You all have a great day!!