Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Haven't had it yet. I am just apprehensive. Just afraid of going through so much. People always watching how well you are doing. Too much pressure. LOL I know once I start losing, I will feel better about it. Thanks. I appreciate the great advice.

I'm sorry, I thought you were banded already. . I'm not banded either, and have a hubbie whom it took 1 1/2 years just to convince to go to a seminar, he still hasn't said go ahead. . . but at this point, I'm going to get it regardless. . . I think what would be good would be not to tell anyone about your plans. . . just get it done and carry on. . . when they start noticing your losing weight and ask about it, just smile and say "ancient chinese secret" and carry on. . . that is exactly what I plan on doing as well. . . Don't think of it as pressure or stress, think of it as an adventure that no one else is involved in, just you and us on this site. . . who knows you could have a lot of fun. . . well once again accept my ignorance on the matter. . . hope we can still share stories, and I'll let you know when I go for banding. . .

What a fantastic post! As I read over this post for the past 20 minutes, I laughed, I cried, I found myself in so many of you. Thinking I was REALLY Fat at a size 16... and here I sit squeezing myself into a 22/24, with belly chub hanging everywhere... would love to be in a 16. (ok, confession, I'm actually wearing pregnancy pants today *sigh* :blushing:) Looking forward to next year when I can enjoy rollercoster rides! Like some of you who carry your weight well... when I was delivering my second daughter, the nurse was shocked I weighed 271 at that time, asked me where I was hiding it... kinda made me feel a little better at that moment.

Never again... will I get backhanded comments from my grandmother that I have just "let myself go" :blush:

Never again... will be shy of having pictures taken of me

I'm sorry, I thought you were banded already. . I'm not banded either, and have a hubbie whom it took 1 1/2 years just to convince to go to a seminar, he still hasn't said go ahead. . . but at this point, I'm going to get it regardless. . . I think what would be good would be not to tell anyone about your plans. . . just get it done and carry on. . . when they start noticing your losing weight and ask about it, just smile and say "ancient chinese secret" and carry on. . . that is exactly what I plan on doing as well. . . Don't think of it as pressure or stress, think of it as an adventure that no one else is involved in, just you and us on this site. . . who knows you could have a lot of fun. . . well once again accept my ignorance on the matter. . . hope we can still share stories, and I'll let you know when I go for banding. . .

No problem at all. I can't wait to share my weight loss accomplishments with everyone here. I hope your dreams come true and you get the band soon.

I'm recovering from surgery with lots of time on my hands and thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. I could relate to all the "never agains"! They were all very good. My only regret is not having the opportunity of getting the lap band when I was much younger like many of you are. My advice that came to mind as I read through the posts are as follows:

1. Don't shop too much early on. I wasted so much money. You will go through sizes much too quickly. I wear a size 9/10 now (first time ever in my life) and have gone down about 6 sizes.

2. Don't let yourself get hungry on the post op diet. Eat or drink everything you are allowed as often as needed to stay satisfied and don't expect weight loss during this period. It's a time of healing.

3. Don't expect to lose weight rapidly. You will probably find your weight loss to average 1-3 pounds a week. Don't worry. It adds up quickly!!!!! And, most importantly, stay off the scale. Once a week is enough and your progress will seem much more significant!!

4. Few people's bodies actually reject the band. If you follow the rules, deal with your head hunger, you will be successful. It's work, but then again I found it relatively easy.......and if I can do it at 54 after being obese since I was 12 months old, most anybody can do it!!

For those who are worried about what if there are problems, etc. It can be removed and I believe it would be a less expensive surgery, but that's a good question to ask at the seminar. My worry was losing lots of weight and then getting cancer or something. Well, of course that happened 9 months later!! However, it was early and I just had a radical hysterectomy to deal with it. This worry is why I would not consider the more invasive (cutting away) gastric surgeries. The beauty of it was they were able to do a total unfill just before the surgery and I can go back and get filled again after I feel up to it.

Gastric Bypass and the others may not have effected my case, but my thoughts were what if I had more advanced cancer and needed lots of nourishment and was losing weight anyway and unable to keep food down?? I'll probably get some arguments why it would not matter, but I would be scared of that. I like the idea of being able to have an unfill at times like this

Congratulations to all the newly banded and to all those who will soon be banded!! You will be so happy when you

squeeze into those skinny jeans!!

I totally agree about not getting on the scale much. I only weigh once a week. If you do it everyday it will drive you crazy.

I have the problem of wanting to jump on the scale everyday and I know it's bad for me... I have gotten better about it. It's just so discouraging when you do it everyday because from day to day the pounds fluncuate. Once a week is a good idea!! Hope everyone is well!!

WoooooHoooo! :cursing: I just got my Surgery date. It is October 6th, 2009. Wow, it really hit home today. The thought of that liquid diet prior to surgery, and I guess after too. It kind of confuses me when the dietitian says, "you can do anything for 2 weeks." It seems longer than 2 weeks when I read all the paperwork.

The post op diet looks like liquids only too.

I guess my never never again is:

I will never again feel like crying when I go buy clothes.:laugh: I stand in front of the mirror in the dressing room looking at all my fat hanging off my body. SO DISGUSTING! I end up putting so many things back because I am so upset with myself. I get frustrated and upset and what do I do.....I go eat.

I was banded on 9/09/09!!!! Right now i'm a little sore from gas and my port site which I was told that it would be more sensitive than the other incisions. It's not that bad really, i'm 4days post-op and just ready to get to my full liquid stage which is tomorrow thankgoodness. Today is the first day that i've had a hungry feeling though. I'm so excited to see where this journey takes me. I'm excited to see my husbands reaction in April/May of next year when he comes home from afghanistan. I'm still hoping i'm not the only moron it doesn't work for, hahahahaha. We'll see :laugh:

WoooooHoooo! :cursing: I just got my Surgery date. It is October 6th, 2009. Wow, it really hit home today. The thought of that liquid diet prior to surgery, and I guess after too. It kind of confuses me when the dietitian says, "you can do anything for 2 weeks." It seems longer than 2 weeks when I read all the paperwork.

The post op diet looks like liquids only too.

I guess my never never again is:

I will never again feel like crying when I go buy clothes.:laugh: I stand in front of the mirror in the dressing room looking at all my fat hanging off my body. SO DISGUSTING! I end up putting so many things back because I am so upset with myself. I get frustrated and upset and what do I do.....I go eat.

Congrats! I know you are very excited!! I'm sure we all can relate to your "I never". I know I can and I never want to be in front of that mirror again in that condition!! Best wishes for a good surgery experience and weight loss journey!

This is a test

Hi everyone! Just wanted to check in with everyone and keep the post going. I have had a lot of people message me and say that this post has been the greatest inspiration for them, I appreciate that because inspiration is what we all need on this journey.

I am now 7 weeks post op and everyday I think of new, "never agains"... so today I was thinking...

Never again will I be so self conscience that I turn down going to a social gathering because I am scared of what people are going to think or say. I don't like being the fattest chick in the room!

It's so nice to hear success stories when so many have been trying to talk me out of the surgery.

It's so nice to hear success stories when so many have been trying to talk me out of the surgery.

Don't let anyone talk you out of it! So many people tried to talk me out it, telling me tha it was the easy way out and I could do it on my own BUT those people don't know what it's like to really not be able to lose weight on ur own. We have all tried diets, excersise, ect and we all were at the end of the rope, other wise we wouldn't have had the surgery. Best of luck and keep your head up!