Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I LOVE this!!! Thanks so much for posting this! I have just finished all of the pre-stuff for the surgery and am "patiently"waiting for the psych report to be sent to my surgeon so that it can all be sent to the insurance (BCBSNC) for approval. Hopefully that wont take long!! Im anxious to get this rolling. The surgeon has set a tentative surgery date for Sept 16 pending approval. I am so ready to not be fat anymore!!!

I will NEVER again have to stop at the top of the stairs after carrying my 18-moth old up them in order to catch my breath.

I will NEVER again cry because i feel too ugly and fat to be a good wife and mother.

I will NEVER again cry in a dressing room because I cant fir into anything in the store

I will NEVER again worry that I will have a heart attack before Im 30.

I will NEVER again have to miss out on fun things with my daughter because I have no energy.

I WILL have a better and happier life and I WILL be able to love myself again!!!

I PRAY daily that they will approve my surgery. I will be devestated if they dont!!! Hopefully we will know soon!

My hubby & I are doing this together - hopefully we will be banded by the beginning of 2010.

Never again will I be too tired to make love.

Never again will our stomachs get in the way when we make love.

Never again will I tell my daughter I am too tired to play with her.

Never again will I tell my hubby "No" when he asks me to play golf with him because I am too out of shape. I intend to learn the game and wear those cute little skort outfits that the pros wear :biggrin:

Just wanted to see how everyone is doing, this is a great thread!

I've lost the "bulk" of the weight I wanted to lose after surgery and am very happy with my size now (14-no W, just a regular 14!) although I do intend to keep losing. Now that I have a little prospective I wanted to post my list...

Never again...will I be the fat mom picking up my kids at school...now I'm the "Hot" mom

Never again...will I shop in the plus-sized section of ANY store. I only shop "normal" sizes. Went from 2x to L

Never again...will I hesitate to buy a tank top for fear of my flabby arms. My arms are getting toned and are "regular" not fat

Never again..will I wear capri pants in 100 degree heat in Florida because I'm embarassed to wear shorts

Never again...will I avoid shopping at The Forum (at Caesars) because I can't fit into anything at any store

Never again..will I wonder if my children are proud of me :biggrin:

this thread is freaking amazing and so inspirational. i am so glad i read this!

here are mine

never again will i have to shop in the plus size store when all the stuff that i want is actually in the regular sizes

never again will i be afraid to meet up with old friends because i am so much bigger than i was the last time they saw me

never again will i be afraid to walk down the street with my husband in fear of people commenting on how big i look

never again will people ask me how many months along i am because they think i am pregnant

never again will i be afraid to go to my favorite place in the world (disney world) and not getting on the rides because i am too big

never again will i sit on an airplane and have my body overlap onto someone elses seat

never again will i have CHUB RUB!

never again will i feel unsexy!

Never Again will I dread seeing the cover of NORBIT and wondering ..... Do I look like that??

Never Again will I dread seeing the cover of NORBIT and wondering ..... Do I look like that??

I love that! I always make fun of myself during the part when she lifts her fat up to show her bathing suit bottoms, that's me totally! NEVER AGAIN THOUGH!

So, since I started this post I recently started back to school. Well I just wanted to add something to my list...

NEVER AGAIN will I be too dam fat to fit in a desk at school, it's so embarrising, I am sitting there stuffed in this desk with 50 other class mates and I know they are all thinking, Look at that fat ass! Ahhh NEVER AGAIN! Hopefully towards the end of this semester I will be fitting in that seat better:blushing:

OMG I TOTALLY remember "stuffing" myself into a school desk..I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! It's soon to be a "never again"

I had one more to add that I realized today...

NEVER AGAIN..will my clothes "leave a mark" (so tight that they pinch my skin and leave a mark)

I'm so glad I read this! I'm having a hard time with my pre-op diet today and this was just the motivation I needed! If I may add one more: Never again will I ask my husband if we can sit down when dancing before a song is finished because I'm too out of breathe. I will dance a whole song and then someday we'll dance all night!

Wow, this post about Never Again was really touching! I am in the process of "exploring" lap band surgery. I am what they call "extremely obese" but at 6 foot tall and an really large frame I wear 2XL and go to the gym to work out every day. I walk 2 miles every day and ride the stationary bike 4 miles every day. I'm not flabby and have a heart rate of 65 resting. However, I weigh 325. That is so heartbreaking.:smile2: I had tried really hard about 4 years ago and lost 90 lbs but that was by being on phentermine for 1 year straight! I bought it over the internet. But after a while it didn't do good for my body and i stopped taking it and so the weight just flew back on right back to 330. I was crushed. Now at 47 it's really hard to lose weight (maybe it was the phentermine shock) so now i'm considering the lap band. Problem is I am really scared. This lap band is a permanent fixture. What if it breaks? what if my body rejects it? what if i get too skinny? What if I die? Will my husband of 31 years still love me? (i'm sure he will) Will the reversal surgery cost the same amount as the original cost? Even if it's a rejection? Could someone help me get over this fear? I know that only I can get over the fear, but I really need to hear it. Hubbie doesn't want me to have it he is very nervous and worries a lot, but he supports me and is willing to come to a seminar. I am having mixed feelings about it and desperately need some advise on what to do. I know that in the end I am the only one who can make the decisions, but maybe it'll be easier to make the decisions with some help. Thanks guys and sorry about the book

I am here for you. I had the surgery 7/30 and am so happy. Please ask me any questions. I will put all your fears to rest.

Dore

I am just about to have my 6th month visit. I have jumped through most of the hoops, but I have to wait for insurance approval.

I feel really nervous. I guess that is normal. I don't want to hope for too much fearing that my attempts at weight loss will be crushed again. You know that scenario, lose 3 lb. and gain 5 lb. yo-yo. Well that's what I am afraid of. I can just hear the "I told you so" coming from my husband :thumbup: and family. For them to tell me that I went through all this and spent all this money for nothing!:smile2:

Deep breath. This too shall pass.

Hubbie doesn't want me to have it he is very nervous and worries a lot, but he supports me and is willing to come to a seminar. I am having mixed feelings about it and desperately need some advise on what to do.

Hi Erykah! It sounds like I could have written this, lol! My husband wouldn't even talk about it for years.Then he came to the seminar and afterwards he turned to me and said that he felt better about having all of the facts and would support me if I decided to have it or not. At least your husband is open minded enough to go and listen, it's a good start. I will tell you what all of the fine folks on this website told me: We're here for you! But, nobody can make up your mind for you, but you. I was very torn until I went to the seminar. Personally, I found it put a lot of fears to rest. Good luck in your search and decision, and remember you aren't alone. Everyone here has been so understanding. Just look at how we can all relate to this thread! I hope to see more people put their "never agains" on here, it's so inspiring! :sneaky:

Erykah, I don't know if you've been to the seminar yet, but the Lap Band isn't permanet. It can be removed if something goes wrong. I know how you feel, I had a lot of the same thoughts before I had surgery, but after I educated myself about the band, I felt so much better. I was like you also, I exercised and I also took phentermine for a long time. It works for awhile, but it doesn't work forever and I haven't read any studies, but I will bet that the majority of people who lose weight on it gain it all back plus more. It is not good for you. I have never regreted getting the band. Good luck.

Where r u located Eryka?