Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All September Samurai

Hi. How is everyone doing now? Why don't we start coming here at least a few times a month to check in? I really miss hearing from my fellow September Samurai!

Hey lady. I'm here. I don't post nearly as often as I should. I'm still working on loosing weight. No where near where I wanted to be by a year later (and next month is a year). But I'm trying. I've had to have a couple total unfills now. I'm back to building back up now. I have a fluro fill being scheduled right now. I'm a bit discouraged. Wish I could find my measurements I'd kept, as I'm sure I've lost a bunch of inches over the summer. My regular pc died, so I'm trying to find my hard copies. The power supply went out. It's an easy, but expensive fix. I'm hoping to buy a new one for my purposes. I'll fix the other for the kids use. Michael is starting to play video games online, with supervision, so it's a real battle getting any me time online.

Anyway I'm here. I'll be better about posting after the kids go back to school... YES KIDS! All three are going to school. Michael only part time, 9:30 to 1:30, and Matthew from 9 to 2:30. Brandon normal school hours. Can't believe my first born is in 8th grade. The twins are both in preschool. Next year Michael will go with Brandon to pre-k. He's got a spot saved for him. Matthew is going to be in a different school for two years. He's in a special ed program. We'll be working on potty training him soon. Michael is potty trained. My big summer project is a success.

As for me... I can wear those 14 capris much more comfortably. I'm walking daily. Sometimes not nearly as far as I'd like. But I'm doing it. I have signed up for a two mile walk for a good cause. I'm excited about doing it. Matthew will ride in a stroller for the time, maybe even Michael. Brandon's thinking about doing it with me. I'd love to do it as a familY!

Well not much else new here.

Teri

Hello there!! I'm another September just checkin' in!! Which I see Slim all the time on our "what were eating post", so that is nice.

I can't believe it is almost a year already!! Yikes! Where did the time go? I am happy with my progress. I would like to be down more, but I'll take it.. You know, I forgot to take my measurements... My hubby says I have lost the most from the waist down so far. I have lost up top too, but mostly below. I gotta start exercising again. I have kinda gotten lazy in that dept.

But you all are right, we need to check in and support each other. :cool: Catch ya'll later!

Hello samuris,

I have been away for far too long. I relaly miss chatting with everyone. I hope that everyone is doing well as we approach our one year mark. I have lost 53 pounds. I have been suffering through a hard plateau the last three months. It was so hard to stay on plan while vacationing. Two weeks ago I got serious again because I wanted to be down at least 10 more pounds by my one year bandaversary. So far it has been tough but I am sticking to eating low carb. Have been doing good with my exercising. I walk about 2 miles and climb the steps at work with some coworkers during lunch. I will try to start posting more often. Talk to you all later.

Hello my fellow Sept Samurai's. I'm not on here a lot, but check in periodically. It's good to hear you all are doing well. As for me, almost 1 year and it's unbelievable to me that I've lost 63 lbs in a year. I'm not where I desired to be after a year (-100 lbs), but I'm certainly not where I was almost a year ago! I too have hit a major plateau and am looking for ANY suggestions on how to get past it. I know changing exercise routines and increasing intensity helps. I have great restriction, so food is not an issue. I would love to be at 70 lbs weight loss by my anniversary date of Sept 2nd and I will be working hard to achieve that goal. That's 7 lbs and surely I can lose that by Sept 2. I may do a really good cleanse and possibly do a body ecology diet. I'm quite sure that will help me meet that goal. Keep up the good work everyone and I'll check in again around my band anniversary. :(

I am so glad to hear from all of you! I think we should be proud of what we have done. I know that I wanted to be further along at 1 year, but I think back to where I was a year ago. I was in awful place. I will admit to having body image problems (I still see me from last year when I look in the mirror), I am so glad that I had my surgery.

Hi All

Just checking in to say I still 'LOVIN MY BAND!" :thumbup: I'm almost to the goal I set myself of 160. Just 7# to go and the surgeon thinks I can do it. Just had a fill last week and I think I'm finally back to my sweet spot again. I was there before and then had to have an emergency unfill because I suddenly, for no reason, could not even swallow Water. Also just coming off of a 4 month plateau. :) Now that my goal is in sight I'm thinking 140-150 isn't unreasonable. Amazing what a different a year makes in how I'm looking at things. I have to admit that I'm now playing with HEAD HUNGER :rolleyes2: and I REALLY, REALLY MISS EATING! :blink: Somehow eating just 1/2 - 3/4 cups at a time doesn't satisfy my mind, although that can often times be too much. I am really fighting becoming a grazer. Oh well! It will work out in the end.

I am so happy with my band that my son has now set his date for surgery. Keep up the good work.

Hi Everyone - so nice to hear from you all and to see that I am not the only one STUCK at the same weight loss. I think I shall stay at 179 - 182 forever. Actually, it is not a bad weight.

Most times I do real good and then sometimes I 'munch" Cereal. Healthy whole grain, but still carbs. I had tried to do just protien, no carbs at all, but the carb craves over came me. And I think it wasnt healthy for my body as a whole.

Because of food alergies, I eat a lot of egg white, tuna and other fish, moist chicken. I have to drink Rice Milk or Almond Milk. No dairy, soy or whey at all so all protien drinks are out the window. Has nothing to do with the band, just my stupid body thinking that 50 ment that I needed more excitement or it was my body getting pissed because I quit giving it french fries and burritos so it decided to get even.

:biggrin:

Sometimes I have trouble and I know I have taken in more than 3/4 cup. I sometimes fear I have stretched my pouch, but then the next meal, 3/4 cup is all it takes. I think it might have something to do with liquid. I like a thinner consistancy but that doesn't stay in your pouch.

I have started mixing egg white in my oatmeal so I get a high protien, high Fiber "custard like" constancy. Stays with me longer and I know I am getting my protien

All in all, I would do it again in a heart beat. It was the perfect choice for me. And the scale, I step on it and if it moves slightly, I cut back and exercise more.

Oh - MY hair IS GROWING BACK A LITTLE. I don't loose my hair like I use to. The Surgeon was right, hanging skin and loosing your hair, you needed to be prepared.

I know I am early when I say this, put we should all be proud of our successes,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEPTEMBER SAMURAIS, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!

Glad to hear that everyone is doing good. I couldn't be happier with my band. I have lost 102lbs so far. But, I had a setback the last couple of week. On the 2nd I had to have my gall bladder removed. So, a week later I try to go back to work and just push my self to far. (I realy thought I felt fine) by the next day I was having a horrible pain where my gall bladder should be and was out for the rest of that week. Today was my first day back and I'm tired, but no pain.

As, far as band life goes, everything is great. I wouldn't change a thing... Now that I have lost so much, we are working on starting our family. Wish us luck!!!

Wow, look at the weight loss that you all have accomplished! You all are doing so well. I really think we should be so proud of what we have done. No point is thinking of what we didn't do in this time. I don't regret my band. Without the band, I would be on insulin shots and even more blood pressure medicine. I won't even think about how much I would weigh by now (I'm sure close to or over 300 by now). We have all come so far! Keep up the good work everyone!

Hi everyone!!!

I'm here. can't believe it's gonna be a year. I've been on & off for a few months but ready to get down to bussiness again!!!

I haven't logged in for some time now, but still here. Like Deb, I keep fluctuating between 179 and 182. I've had several fills and unfills and his a plateau. I get full at mealtimes, but still hungry two to three hours later and that's with a prescription for an appetite supperession. but still better than I was a year ago. So I am a not complaining.

I haven't logged in for some time now, but still here. Like Deb, I keep fluctuating between 179 and 182. I've had several fills and unfills and his a plateau. I get full at mealtimes, but still hungry two to three hours later and that's with a prescription for an appetite supperession. but still better than I was a year ago. So I am a not complaining.

Wow! It's strange that I have been stuck between about the Same number's too since MARCH :sneaky:!!!! I know I have been messing around & not eating right.

STORY OF MY LIFE~:wink2::)!!! I am trying to get back on track now & have been working out again :sneaky:. ONE DAY AT A TIME!! :biggrin:

Today I go to see my Doc. I will ask for a small fill. The last fill I had about 6week ago was too tight & she removed the whole fill:frown: .

I haven't had a fill since DEC 22nd!!!! Maybe she can just give me 1/2 of what she gave me last time. I think I could have handled it but I was not used to eating SOOOOOO SLOW. I have to grin & bare it.

Going to go weigh myself..........will it be 182, 181, OR 179.8 ?????:rolleyes:

I am so there. I have been 182 for the past month. I don't think I can handle a fill because at TOM I have trouble eating. I would love to drop below 180 sometime soon!

Hi there!

Yes, the 1 year mark is right around the corner.

I lost all my weight the first 4 months. I haven't lost anything since January. So imagine that!!!!

But I am very happy with my decision to have surgery and if I would do more on MY part I know I would lose more.

I struggle with my brain wanting more food. I definitely have the head hunger going on. And we won't talk about the icecream problem. :thumbup:

However, I plan to step it up and lose 5 lbs by my anniversary date. Wish me luck!!

Sandra