Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you exercise?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How often do you exercise?

• 1 day per week.
    • Never, but I know I should.
    • 2-3 days per week.
    • Over 5 days per week.

Who wants to join me in this challenge? I really need to drop 10 more lbs, and I need a jump start. Maybe exercise is what I need. (I really hate to exercise) BUT - I really want this. Maybe after committing for 4 full weeks, I will be able to see if it really makes a difference. Any takers? PLEASE, I need help, encouragement and support as well as accountability! Thanks!

Hi.. I'll join you! I really need to up my exercise! I've been such a slacker this summer with the kids being home from school. That is no excuse, I know I should just get them moving WITH me! I'm coming up on my ONE YEAR bandiversary and I so want to have at least broken the 50 pound mark( 3-4 pounds away). I am about 20-25 pounds from goal. I've been on a plateau for a few months now. And I know its because I am so inconsistent with exercise.

So Yes.. I'll be here.. how do we support each other?

I guess we could talk on here everyday and say if we have worked out or not. I am going to start tomorrow. I have a gym I go to. Do you? How old are your kids? Mine are older 23, and 20. My youngest, 15, is at his dad's for the summer so I have no excuse at all except laziness.

I will start with 30 minutes a day on the elliptical machine. I hope to work up to 45 minutes by the end of the 4 weeks, but we'll see!! I'm glad to have a buddy, I am looking forward to this!

:tongue2:

So tonight I got mad at my husband and headed to the gym to let out some steam! I'm so glad I did. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and went 2 miles! I'm still angry, but now at least I did something productive with it. Afterward I bought a little bag of chips :) I only ate half thanks to my band!! I know that's bad but that's how I used to deal with anger. At least now I add a work out before the binge!:ohmy:

Jennifer, how are you doing today?

I am feeling great. I made myself work out after work today! Another 30 minutes on the elliptical! I really feel great after I do it, the problem is always in the starting. I really want to see the difference if I do this consistently for 4 weeks. No chips today :wink:

Glenda,

How's the exercise going? I'm trying to get myself motivated to kick it in gear and haven't been able. Yesterday I ran up and down the street holding my little girl up on her bike (she's afraid to fall). So today it's the same. So, I've got two days going...

Mary

Hi Mary,

I am doing surprisingly good! I'm surprising myself with my stick to it attitude! I just really want to see the difference if I actually do it for 4 weeks. I worked out Wed, Thu, Fri and Sun. On Sun I rode my bike for 2.5 miles, and it about killed me (in a good way). I can't work out on Mondays, cause work is hard and then I have Bible Study Mon night. So My 5th day this week will be tomorrow.

I remember teaching the younguns to bike. It really tires you out! But you are working with a purpose, so you don't notice till it's over. Good luck to you and thanks for asking!!! (I felt like I was talking to myself) That is very therapeutic sometimes!

Glenda,

Good for you! Keep up the good work. You are doing well on your journey. I got banded on Dec 18, 2008 and have lost a total of 51 lbs. I've been perusing the board to get my motivation back up to speed .... it's getting there.

Mary

I'm sorry I wasn't replying... I was out in Michigan, and couldn't figure out how to find posts. I was just reading another post and saw where it showed you could find threads you had subscribed to in your user CP. yayy.. I found you guys again! I'm a dork.. I know.. sorry. I did exercise a few times out in MI and on my mom's scale I thought I lost 2 pounds.. but I got back home on Monday and it shows I am 2 pounds more than I was when I left... so.. a total of FOUR POUNDS more than I thought I weighed. What a bummer. But I'm already down a pound, so maybe it was just Water weight from being sedentary on the 14 hour drive or something. I don't know.. I'm not going to let it get me down. I'm eating Protein first and drinking Water like crazy. Hopefully I'll have some lower numbers to report soon!

Glad to hear you guys are doing well!!

Jennifer, I thought I scared you away! :biggrin:(

Glad to hear it was just dorkiness! Welcome back!

I have only lost 1 lb since I started this challenge, but I think it's because of muscle weight. I have been working out a lot! In the past 14 days I have worked out 11 days! You have to know that this is the first time ever in my life I have followed through on an exercise regimen!

I'm glad you are not getting discouraged. I think it helps to share with others what you are going through. Who were you visiting? How long were you gone? It's hard to keep on track when you're away from home.

Hope to hear from you again soon!

Glensand.. 11/14 days? That is AWESOME!! That is close to an 80% average.. woohooo.. you must be feeling so proud!! And well you should!!

I was out in Michigan for 10 days. I walked/swam/rode a bike about 5-6x. Not enough, but more than I've ever worked out on vacation before. Some days were just too oppressively hot to work out. I'm back home now with my treadmill but ofcourse struggling to find the time. I can't wait until the kids go back to school!! I was out there visiting relatives, who hadn't seen me since last summer so I got a lot of compliments. And that always helps to motivate, ya know?

I'm really proud of you.. and yes I'm sure you are building muscles, and it weighs more than fat does.. and does more too! Yayy.

Talk to you soon!

Welp,

I didn't lose 10 but I dropped 7! I feel great too! I had a family reunion with 84 family members up in Northern Idaho. I got many, many compliments and I felt great w/all the activities.

Hope everyone is doing great. Looking forward to next month and more weight loss!