Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm desperate - need support/help!

Abby! What were you running around naked??? How did your BOOB get stung??? HA ha! Onto day #2....HOpe your boob is better and our hunger pangs non-existent....:smile2:

LL, Glad you made it through day 1. By the end of tomorrow, you'll have this thing in the bag!

MissK - Crystal Light is a zero calorie flavored powder added to Water to make it taste like lemonade, or grape, or whatever flavor. Its pretty good stuff. -- Nice pic, you look a bit like Lady GaGa. Do they play her music there?

Abby, OUCH! I couldn't imagine. I've only been stung once, I was 5 and it almost killed me.

Abby poo... OUCH! Thats just wrong. I mean to sting you on one side and leave the other looking all lopsided. Thats.. JUST WRONG!:) JK

Ok guys, I am feeling a little better about starting my liquid day before surgery today. I woke up hungry.. and am scambling to figure out what to drink. I have a yogurt in there with no lumps. Thats considered liquid to my doc. I suppose its Tomato Soup for me tonight for dinner then. In the meantime, I got my 2 year old daughter handing me all the goodies she wants me to open for her to eat~whimper whimper:crying: I can do this.. WE can do this.. just hang in there!:smile2:

Morning everyone!

Miss K, I think you need to stay away from these "funny" people for the week! I couldn't really be around my husband while he was eating last night. What kind of Protein shake are you having? I am using Jay Robb (recommended by a friend), not bad. I am putting it in the blender with some skim milk and ice and its really not bad. I"m sure they are all fairly similar, but the milk and ice help! I'm going to buy some flavor extracts today, like coconut and almond maybe, to pop in there. I must say, I feel alot better today mentally than I did yesterday. We are on day TWO, we can do this!

:smile2:

Today I am a lot more positive than I was yesterday. Somehow, I have lost six pounds since Saturday, but I've only been doing my pre-op diet for a day! I know I'm not dehydrated, so I'm halfway to my personal goal of ten pounds lost before surgery!

Wasp sting on boob story: Somehow a wasp got into my house and then it decided to get into my bed... wtf right? Anyway, I must have rolled on it or something because it stung me on the boob and then on the hand... and then it died a tragic death!

I'm on day 3 of my preop diet. Today sucks!! And making food for my children sucks the most!!! I'm looking forward to tomorrow since everyone is saying it gets better on day 4. It's just a means to and end right? :-)

SuzanneG - Thanks for the info on crystal light, I've never heard of it, I don't think we have it here but SO many people on here seem to use it. Yes they do play Lady Gaga here, I love her music - that's not my real hair in the pic, it's a wig, I wore it to a party :))

LL67, I am trying to avoid the 'funny' people and Luke has been told to pull his head in, so hopefully things will be okay from here. I woke up this morning feeling like I was going to vomit from being so hungry, and surprise surprise the Protein Shake doesn't taste as bad when you are STARVING. I am on the Optifast shakes, I wasn't given an option, and they have to be made on Water not skim milk. I am feeling much stronger today than I was yesterday, you are right, we can do this!

Abby !! You poor thing ! I was stung once on the stomach near the belly button once and was screaming bloody murder !! just dont scratch cause it makes it worse, I think if u put toothpaste on it, it's suppose to make it better ( but dont quote me on that)

I'm glad to hear that the pre-op is getting a lil more bearable, It does by day 5 or so. The dropping scale also helps, I'm down almost 8 lbs !!

Wasp sting on boob story: Somehow a wasp got into my house and then it decided to get into my bed... wtf right? Anyway, I must have rolled on it or something because it stung me on the boob and then on the hand... and then it died a tragic death!

I'm DYING that's so GD funny!!

SuzanneG - Thanks for the info on crystal light, I've never heard of it, I don't think we have it here but SO many people on here seem to use it. Yes they do play Lady Gaga here, I love her music - that's not my real hair in the pic, it's a wig, I wore it to a party :))

I figured that was a wig, but didn't know if you wore it every day or not. ha ha So were you dressed in costume for the party or just did the wig?

If you really want to try Crystal Light, you could order it online Amazon.com: crystal light: Grocery

I've never tasted one I didn't like.

Just wanted to check in with every body. The pre-op diet is going good, but I really miss eating! I'm wondering if it's mental or physical at this point. Maybe a little of both. I like seeing the scale go down, and so far looking and feeling better has been all the motivation I need. Sucky for me I also recently quit smoking and I've got to deal with those cravings too, but I've been REALLY good. Hooray for a healthier me!

Abbypoo-

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing so well and a double clap on the quiting smoking thing...THAT IS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT !!!

Im on day 9 of the pre-op and it does get better, so far today I've had only 2 shakes and not really hungry !! and you're right it does help to see the scale going down, but I've also notice that my clothes feel better !!

YAY !!!

Hey goiles!

Abby..... congrats on quitting smoking!! I quit 12 years ago, and never looked back! Honestly, you are doing yourself such a HUGE favor!!

Everyone here just rocks my world... the camaraderie that I feel here is just awesome!!!!!

Karen