Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

do i need a fill or not?

It has been two months since my last fill. Let me first say that it has been over a year since I was banded, I am at 8.5 in a 14 cc band, I have never gotten stuck, PB'd or vomitted. I am slower than most on the weight loss, I believe due to my fear of being too tight and doing one of the forementioned acts.

That being said, the reason why it has been two months since my last fill is because since my last fill I can feel food going thru my band when I eat. I feel this at every meal. The feeling makes me a little scared to get another fill, but I am not getting full and feel that I am eating too much. I am fluctuating down 2 pounds then back to where I was when I got my fill.

So here is my question, I have an appt on Friday w/surgeon and I am wondering if I should ask for a small fill to hopeully get me to my "sweet spot" or am I just a little too tight and that is why I feel my food going thru the band? Given my current fill level, am I pushing the chance of PB'ing if I get another fill? I am deathly afraid of getting sick (hence the slow weight loss, I always stop at the slightest fear).

Any comments will help me in my journey...thanks

I am at my sweet spot and NEVER feel the food going through the band. In other words, maybe your stomach is uncommonly sensitive? I don't think feeling the food pass means too much in relation to how tight you are.

PBs are almost always (not always, just almost always) caused by an operator malfunction...we eat too fast, don't chew well enough, take too large a bite. Therefore if you are diligent and pay attention as you eat, then theoretically you should be able to have good restriction and never PB.

I don't like vomiting and never have but I'm not "deathly" afraid of it. I think that reluctance to even chance such a thing would be as much a hindrace to successful banding as the flip...PBing as a way of life.

Have you discussed this with your surgeon? S/he should be able to help you sort it out.

i feel the food go thru but alls ok,i have now 10 ccs in a 14cc and im pretty sure this is my sweet spot,i dont eat alot and i get full fast and im losing fast now,hope that helps,i didnt get sick last fill once but just think it was what i ate,was nothing tho,

Wow that's crazy that you can feel it pass!!!! Are you an Aquarius?? haha! Maybe you're just exceptionally "tuned in" to your body. I am, I know what's going on w/ it at all times, but I do not feel the food go through. I think you should get another fill just to try to process alittle furhter along in your journey but def talk to your MD about your concerns. Maybe they've heard of someone who could feel it. LUck luck luck!!!