Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi everyone! I would love to hear how everyone is doing! What food stage are you in? How are you feeling physically? Emotionally? How much have you lost? How much are you exercising?

Ok, I will start. I am exactly 3 weeks out.

I am on regular food at this point with no raw veggies, no beef or pork. I am eating mostly turkey, fish. I am up to about a third of a cup of food at a time now. I just finished some hormel turkey chili with some cheese in it. It was absolutely delicious! I would think this would blenderize very well and make a yummy thick soup! mmmm...

Physically, I feel ok. Tire out easily. We went back to school shopping for the kids last night and I am just tuckered out today! I still have my port incision that is giving me a little trouble. It just won't stay closed. It is like it creates a scab and then comes off. I did see my PA and she said it looked great. She put some steri-strips on it and said to leave it alone. So it is fine, just the thought of it bothers me.

Emotionally, I go back and forth. Took the kids to see G-Force at the theater yesterday. It was a bit tough to sit there and just drink my Water. I felt a bit deprived. It passed. Sometimes I get really sad about possibly NEVER being able to have Pasta again. Not that I need it. I guess the thought is worse than anything. I hope it doesn't happen. I truly hope I am one of those bandsters who can eat bread and Pasta (in moderation of course) someday. I don't mean bread and pasta, specifically, just anything. I hate the thought of NEVER. KWIM?

I have lost a total of 26 lbs so far. 13 before band and 13 after band. I am not exercising. I should be. I am supposed to be. I live in Az, exercise outside it definately OUT and I can't find the key to my treadmill. I did find a few Leslie Sansone dvds (walk away the pounds) So I am going to start those.

How is everyone else doing??? CHECK IN! :crying:

I'm 11 days out. The swelling seems to be gone and has left me very, very hungry--though oddly as I type this I'm not. I've lost 13 lbs since surgery, 26 in all. I won't have my fill until August 18 and this is going to be a tough period. I'm fortunate on this board in that my ultimate goal is only 70 lbs away. I don't feel deprived; I just feel hungry.

I'm 11 days out. The swelling seems to be gone and has left me very, very hungry--though oddly as I type this I'm not. I've lost 13 lbs since surgery, 26 in all. I won't have my fill until August 18 and this is going to be a tough period. I'm fortunate on this board in that my ultimate goal is only 70 lbs away. I don't feel deprived; I just feel hungry.

I had my follow up dr appt today--i'll have my first fill on 8/18 too. I find i am eating more Soup then before..but I'm also walking at night with my daughters....so i think thats helping too...I've lost i think 28 lbs - 10 lbs post op, 18 pre op. That feels good tho....

I had surgery on 7/13, so I am almost 3 weeks post-op. I'm at the soft-food stage and can have almost anything except really dry cuts of meat (like grilled chicken), fresh veggies, etc. This morning, I had some scrambled eggs with fresh pesto - heavenly!! I've lost a total of 50 lbs. (40 pre-op, 10 post-op). Just got back from shopping for some new clothes today - I've never enjoyed shopped so much as I did today!! First fill is scheduled for 9/1/09.

well im nine days out, i start mushies on monday, yea

im doing fine other than a little gas hanging on and that lumpy feeling coming/going in my throat. i'll be glad when that is over. my next appt is 8/12 and i dont think i will get a fill. im full after a few bites of cream of wheat with a baby spoon so he better not try to stick me.

i guess i could be still swollen i really cant tell.

Hi all! I was banded on July 14th! I am eating soft foods and doing well with them. However, the last few days I have noticed I seem to be getting hungry a few hours after I eat. Is this normal? To date I have lost 15 lbs post-op.

Checking in

I was banded on July 1st, so, I'm a month out and doing great. My recovery was a snap. Slight pain gas and tummy soreness for 2 days. I'm down 13.6 lbs.

I'm eating regual diet approx. 3/4 to 1 cup of food keeping my calories between 800 - 860/ day and getting 50 - 65 g Protein a day. Still stuggling to get in 64 oz of Water a day.

I had my torn meniscus repaired on Jul 23, so no exercise for me since, july 20th and so, that makes me really happy that I'm still able to average 3.1 lbs/week.

Emotionally, I'm ok...bored to tears and ready to go back to work...as soon as this knee allows it. And, out of boredom, I'm napping and have even snacked on Jello and popsicles which isn't back...compared to just weeks ago...when I would have finished a 1/2 gallon of Turkey Hill ice cream in a two days.

My first fill will be the 21st and I think I may have a couple cc's already in my band. I have a fuller feeling at night...can't wait to ask him if in fact he did put some saline in during surgery.

I have lost 14 lbs post op...Im still on mushy food and I havent exercised at all even though I should be. Its just hard as I just moved and am still unpacking. That should be considered my exercise LOL.

I am 4 weeks post op today. I am eating regular food but trying to avoid carbs. Right now I have no restriction at all and at times it is tough. I don't even feel like I have the band so I am going on total will power and we know how well that has worked in the past. Yesterday was the first time I felt like I really blew it though. We were at my moms, it was hot, so we went to taco bell which does have some decent choices if you can stop at just one chicken taco. but of course not I ate 2 tacos and finished my sons burrito!! I ate really quickly! I have a fill this week and I am so excited!! I have lost 19lbs so far which is really good. I am hoping with restriction I can continue to lose like that.

I am 3 weeks out today, and have lost 18 pounds including 6 pounds on 3 day pre-op diet. I am able to eat almost anything except red meat, fresh veggies, and breads/pastas. I also hope to be one that can tolerate breads/pastas, and think I will be able to - I've had toast, crackers, and tortillas that I'm allowed to have and have tolerated those well so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Health-Me, like you I also had to endure not only sitting through the movies drinking Water while those around me had buttered popcorn, nachos, etc, but also watching that horrible g-force movie lol. I'm mentally adjusting but it's been a slow process. Thankfully I haven't craved too much, and I have good restriction even though I don't get my first fill until August 10. If I pick good foods and a good Protein source, I can eat 1/2cup to 3/4 cup and it will fill me for about 3.5-4 hours.

Glad to hear others are doing well!

I was banded on July 24, 2009, just got through with clear liquid diet and I am very happy (I was so hungry). I called my doctors office to see what they approve for the full liquid diet and I am able to have creamy Soups, sugar free pudding, and those sort of things. My hunger is not as bad, but I am eating 4-8 oz every 2-3 hours. I have a little abdominal pain (feels like I did 50 sit-ups, non stop). Pre-op I lost 10 lbs and to date I have lost 23 lbs. I am very excited about the weight loss.

weight.png

Banded July 22. Lost 20lbs preop. 10 lbs since surgery. Eating mostly fish and soft noodles. I'm starting to eat more now, I'm afraid I'm overdoing it. I concentrate to make sure i chew my foods well. I've kinda stalled at weightloss since starting mushies, I guess that's to be expected :/ I don't really measure what I eat, which I think I will start doing soon. I can't wait for my fill so I can feel more restriction

Emotionally-stressed, not because of the band...I'm in the middle of studying for my boards and applying to residencies. There just is not enough time in a day, but that is pretty much how my life always is. The good thing about all this is that I'm not eating my stress.

Started increasing my exercise regime again, I hope that will accelerate the process.

Keep strong, ya'll!

i was banded on the 29th of july. still on Clear Liquids. hope to be on full liquids soon.go to the dr on the 10th of aug. to get staples out.only lost 4 lbs post op. depressed....

mental - try not to focus on weight loss right now, you're body is still healing and everyone's body handles that differently. The fact that you lost 4 pounds is great. Give your body time to heal.

Hope your appointment goes well!

Sounds like everyone is doing great! As for the psychological part, I guess that will be there for us forever...It was part of being overweight with me too so I guess if I have the choice...skinny it is!

I was banded July 30th. Recovery has been great, just some soreness and discomfort but no pain and no huge gas issues. I lost 4 pounds pre-op and 8 pounds post op. I am sure most of that is just Water though. I am now on mushie foods. Living on oatmeal, mashed potatoes, cottage cheese and pudding. TRying to make sure I get all my Water and Protein shake in..

I am doing some walking at night with my toddler. If any of you have young kids, how do you keep from picking them up? My DH has been awesome but I feel so helpless not being able to pick her up to put her in her highchair, etc.