Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sept 24 2009 nervous,but anctious

Hi everybody ! My surgery is scheduled for Sept. 4th and really looking forward to getting the actual surgery out of the way. I am ready to start my journey. I started Clear Liquids on Aug. 21st and I am down 15 lbs. I didn't think I could survive on just liquids, but I am doing it. Not too nervous yet but ask me again on Wed. LOL Wow, l never get tired of looking at the before and after pictures. To me it is totally amazing. They took my picture Friday at my pre-op appointment and I can't wait until they take it again a year from now. Can't wait to see the changes!

JoLynne

BooCakes,

My surgery is also on Sept 16th Im starting the 2 week liquid diet tomorrow. I hope I get through it. Im just trying to remind myself I have to. Im so sick of being overweight I hope this helps I feel it has to. Please let me know how your doing and email me anytime if you need encouragment I know I will need it and that is why Im so happy I found this site and people like you to talk to. My prayers go out to you and all the others on this site. Please say a prayer for me too. We will both be having surg on the same day and recouperating at the same time lets keep in touch. Love Deann

I just got my surgery date today---Sept. 18. I'm thrilled, especially when I read wonderful encouragement from people like A2bachik.

I'm not scared at all about the surgery. What frightens me is that I might fail at this (and I consider this the last resort). Perhaps that's the wrong attitude, or maybe I've read too many posts on the forum here about the band not working for people. But I think it makes me more committed to making it work.

Thanks for being there to listen,

Deb

I appreciate your response. I am questioning my decision. I want to get healthy so bad. I disappoint myself that I need this tool to accomplish my goal. Noone knows but my husband. I am embarassed about it. My date is 9-2. Please keep in touch. imokru386@yahoo.com I am originally from Chicago.

I'm Sept 2nd as well! How are you doing? I'm getting that nervous/excited feeling!! Let's make sure to keep in touch! I'll post once I do my pre-op tests tomorrow!!

I just got my surgery date today---Sept. 18. I'm thrilled, especially when I read wonderful encouragement from people like A2bachik.

I'm not scared at all about the surgery. What frightens me is that I might fail at this (and I consider this the last resort). Perhaps that's the wrong attitude, or maybe I've read too many posts on the forum here about the band not working for people. But I think it makes me more committed to making it work.

Thanks for being there to listen,

Deb

This was my last hope to... I wish you all the best, it has deffinatly been mind over mater as some points. If I can be of any help, please ask...

Just popping in to let everyone know I'm thinking of them as they go under the knife this week. I know we had a lot of 9/1 and 9/2 folks out there and you've been on my mind.

I started my two week Protein shake diet this week. :blink: Dearest hubby is joining me, What a wonderful support, I can't imagine anyone doing this willingly! Yesterday I was soo busy I didn't get my midday snack, so I piled that and my evening snack on to my dinner plate, as it was quite late when we got around to eating. I couldn't finish it all! What a big surprise. Today though, life's a little slower and I had my fruit with lunch, had my mid day snack, and I'm just as hungry as yesterday, drat it!

Here's to us September bandsters!!!!!!!

Hi Sept banders,

Had mine done on the 2nd. I would like to hear from others that recently had it done. I get confused with the eating schedule a little.Seems like I am forever sipping something. Try to get the Water down is a chore and takes forever. Question.... because I have to eat sooo slow how do you have time in the morning before work to eat? What do you take for lunch? Also what Protein do others recommend. I have read so much information. I think the I am making it more difficult then it is. I hope so. Good luck to all.

Wow you look great - I am also like laithlaith on the 2 week diet struggling with it and feeling very anxious so thankyou what an inspiration you are...

hi all,

It is day 6 of the pre-op diet. Only one more wk to go before my day. The diet is going good. afternoons are my tough time, but I am stickin to it faithfully. Its really nice to see many others who share the same feelings of nervousness as I do. thanks for bein there.

Hi everyone! I was banded on Sept. 18, six days ago. I've had the normal post-op stuff, but I'm really feeling pretty good at this point and am going back to work tomorrow.

I've lost about 15 lbs already since the surgery on the liquids and I'm worried that I'm just not getting enough Protein. Does anyone have any tips? I'm already bored with the liquid Soups I'm eating and can't bear another Protein shake. I've looked through recipes but am not finding much to work with.

Thanks for any input!

Deb