Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:biggrin: I called my after care physician to sched my first fill, which I could really use today, but being that Im only a few weeks out I was prepared to sched for the standard six weeks out. Come to find out my Dr is on vacation that week. And I have to wait an additional week and two days. I know that doesnt sound like much but I really cant even feel my band anymore. It was like there one day, gone the next. The swelling went down and boom I am starving again. I just dont want to wait an extra week and a half. :thumbup: Also, I found out he wont do fills any closer than four weeks apart. So my second fill isnt for another four weeks at the soonest after my first. I think thats so stupid since everyone says they have like ZERO restriction after their first fill. I was thinking it would be like two weeks after the first fill, not four weeks. No fair!! Everyone else on here gets their second fill a week or two after their first and I have to wait a month. Im going to go pout. Its going to be months before I start losing any weight and that just totally bums me out. I know I need to be patient, but its hard to see everyone else get their fills closer together while I sit around with no progress. :thumbup:

I can't make you feel any better, but I can sympathize. The same thing, or close, happened to me. I am "eligible" for a fill on August 17 but the doctor is booked up until the 25th. That really stinks! I also have to wait another month (or maybe six weeks) to get a second fill. It kills me how inconsistent the procedures are from one surgeon to the next.

I wish I knew what to say. :laugh:

I know you're upset. The best thing I can tell you to do Honey is try to eat "chunky" type stuff, like meat, to make you feel fuller, longer, and watch your carbs. Hang in there. (((hugs)))

Susan

Are you still on mushies?, the reason I ask is because once you get off of mushies and on to solids you might not need a fill.... this is just my experience but when I was on mushies I could not wait to get my fill, went to my surgeon and since I had such a big weight loss he said let's wait until you stop losing and he told me that I needed to challenge my band with solids, so I started eating chicken breasts, tuna, pork, salmon, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal and even pita bread and he was right, I am stuffed for 5 hours when I eat these foods where as when I would eat mashed potatoes, puddings, or cereals, I would be starving an hour later..... so I am 4 months out and I have not needed a fill.

Just something to think about, we're all different and this is just my experience.

Of course there will be a time when I need a fill but I had one scheduled in 2 weeks and I already canceled it.

Good luck.

I have to go with Life is not fair and no one said it was gonna be. This is a small hump in the road and your just gonna have to step over it. We all go through bandster hell. although I feel for you I can think of a lot worse things in this world that aren't fair. i don't want you to think I'm unfeeling or anything but just want you to know that this to shall pass. And some people do get restriction for awhile with the first fill, everyone is different. So here's wishing you the best and telling you to just hang in there.

OH and my first fill was in sept. and my second wasn't until Nov. I am a year out and have had only 4 fills. You just can't base yourself on everyone else because everyone is different.

Edited by kimaly

Im not as upset as I was that day. Its hard to hear about people losing twenty pounds in the first month when I havent even lost five since surgery. I was on mushies, I have started solids yesterday and I was full longer, although I can still eat way too much. The mushie stage wasnt doing me favors though. A lot of the things I was eating were mushed with mayo or other high calorie substances. Hopefully now that Im onto solids I can lose some weight. I have to hold myself accountable right now. My tool has no restriction so its up to me to make good choices. And yeah, life isnt fair. I should just be happy I have my band and I will start losing in the next few months instead of being impatient. It took me years to save up for this band. Whats another month in the long run.

yes, some do lose faster but try to remember that slow and steady wins the race. I lost pretty fast the first few months then it slowed to a crawl. When you get upset remind yourself that this is the time for healing the losing will come. I promise. I'm really glad to hear your feeling better. Just hang in there! Hugs!

I can't make you feel any better, but I can sympathize. The same thing, or close, happened to me. I am "eligible" for a fill on August 17 but the doctor is booked up until the 25th. That really stinks! I also have to wait another month (or maybe six weeks) to get a second fill. It kills me how inconsistent the procedures are from one surgeon to the next.

Amy----did your doctor tell you how much of a fill you'll get? I am scheduled for 8/18 and he told me that i had an 11cc band...and when i asked him what the typical fill was - he told me 5! For some reason that seems like alot for a first fill! We'll see how that all goes....

My first appointment is 8/11. I see the nutritionist and then I see my PA for a possible fill. The swelling has gone down and I am still not hungry much. I am still eating maximum half cup of food at a time. I am going to try to hold off on that fill, I think. If I am losing without it, I would like to hold off. Now.. if I could just get myself into the exercise... <sigh>

My first appointment is 8/11. I see the nutritionist and then I see my PA for a possible fill. The swelling has gone down and I am still not hungry much. I am still eating maximum half cup of food at a time. I am going to try to hold off on that fill, I think. If I am losing without it, I would like to hold off. Now.. if I could just get myself into the exercise... <sigh>

Good for you on holding off on a fill, I think it's hard to judge weather you need a fill when your on mushies, I agree If we're losing weight why not wait until we stop losing.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Also for you or anyone else some of started a exercise challenge in july we had so much sucess that we are doing one in august.

The thread is called August 2009 mile challenge. Make sure it says mile in the thread title because theres one similiar to it but a different group.

Amy----did your doctor tell you how much of a fill you'll get? I am scheduled for 8/18 and he told me that i had an 11cc band...and when i asked him what the typical fill was - he told me 5! For some reason that seems like alot for a first fill! We'll see how that all goes....

Bobbie-

I had my frist fill August 1st (3weeks + 1 day after surgery)

I have a 10cc. Swiss band, and my first fill was 4cc's.

I know it sounds alot, by I find that I can still eat too much! I do feel fuller much longer however, and I have to eat and drink slower, or else I burp alot!

My next fill is scheduled for 4 weeks after my first.

(dr says we have to only go 1cc at a time now) not sure if that is normal or not....

I am happy, but can't wait for my next fill so that I get better restriction!

Just thought I would share my experience!

:)

XX

abcangirl

Bobbie-

Swiss band, and my first fill was 4cc's.

Just thought I would share my experience!

:tongue2:

XX

abcangirl

Hi ABC,

Sounds like your doc wants to move things right along for you. I am three weeks out and my port insicion is still tender. I was thinking that even thought I want a fill, it would hurt. Did it hurt to get your fill? Was your port insicion still tender? I wish I had some restriction. So whats a Swiss band? I didnt get that in my choices. Do you live in the US? Or is this a band they use in other countries? You and I have close to the same stats with regard to BMI and weight loss.