Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DAMN....... I'm grouchy!!!!! :::rant::::

Hi everyone!

Today marks day 14 of my pre-op diet. I am actually going to be on the diet for 23 days total (day 24 is surgery day!!)

Here's the diet in a nutshell:

Day 1 and 2: liquid only. Protein drinks, diet soda, diet drinks, Water, etc., not to exceed 1500 calories/day.

Day 3-7: liquid diet, and 1 frozen meal (not to exceed 300 calories) daily caloric intake: 1500

Day 8-21: liquid diet, and 1 frozen meal (not to exceed 300 calories) daily caloric intake: 900

Day 22-23: liquid only, not to exceed 900 calories.

Day 24: SURGERY!!

To say I am crabby as hell is to put it mildly.

ALSO... if you guys can believe it, I've been STALLED for the last 7 days. I am bouncing between 332-335, and it's starting to piss me off.

I thought I broke the stall on Sunday, when I weighed in at 331.9... then yesterday I was 333.3. I nearly threw the scale out of the window.

All I can guess is that I had a Lean Cuisine chicken & Penne frozen dinner, and it had 50 carbs. Pasta and I don't generally see eye to eye.... I tend to have big gains after eating it. I don't know what it is about Pasta that does it. I don't seem to have the same issue with rice or potatoes.... weird. I'd say it was the wheat... but I don't really have a problem with breads either.

WHATEVER.

So, I called my doctor, and asked for a scrip for Xanax, so no one in the house gets hurt :biggrin: Generally, though... Xanax just makes me fall asleep. I guess I can't scream at anyone if I'm sleeping, can I??

I am about to go and weigh...... wish me luck. If you hear glass breaking, don't worry... it's just my window where the scale went through :thumbup:

ok.... I feel better now that I ranted a bit :thumbup:

Karen

Karen,

Welcome to LBT and thanks for the giggle. Oh how I remember pre-op and post op. Ha, DH was a saint, but I gave everyone around me hell. Being on liquids makes me so grouchy!!!

The good news is, this too shall pass. You'll be past it before you know it and the payoff will make it worth it.

As for the scales, as a 20+ years daily weigher, I highly recommend trying to weigh yourself once a week. A friend of mine, that I met on LBT, talked me into trying it and I have to say, it's like a get out of jail free card. My daily moods are no longer dictated by the scale. My weight loss has been unaffected by the change, but my week sure has improved. I only weigh on Friday mornings now. There have been times when I really, really wanted to get on the scale, but I held out and was glad I did.

What do you say, think you could give the once a week scales a try? You'll be glad you did.

Hang in there and keep us posted!

Oh, I am so with ya sista!!! I've been on liquids since ten days pre op and still have another week and a half to go before I get to the mushies stage...I'm HUNGRY and TOTALLY GROUCHY!! Thankfully, I live alone except for the pets...My dog he just looks at me like "Hey lady what are you yelling about...it's not my fault you're hungry...Watch me chew on this bone for a while...haha you can't have any lady"...

<----Goes to kick the dog...

Good luck on your surgery!

Karen,

Hang in there girl !! It's def going to be a bumpy ride ( over the bodies of those we kill over hunger, LOL) but we'll all get there. I hear you, it's frustrating as fraking hell!! I'm on day 2 of pre-op liquids and sooooo hungry I could eat an entire cow in 30sec flat right now !!! :thumbup:

scales, I am convienced are an agent of the devil :thumbup: and they purposely mess with us to try to throw us of our game, but we've been down that other road and we know it leads nowhere ( borrowing a line from the matrix) so put that evil thing away, exhale and carry on, YOU CAN DO THIS GIRL and just think on how in the very near future you'll have to change your screen name to SEXYtripletmomma !!!

We're here for you and we'll stick with you rants, raves, curses, cheers and tears !!!:biggrin:

OK..... I must admit, I **used** to weigh once a week in 1999 when I lost 80 pounds on my own (no need to tell my classic yo-yo dieting story.... you guys can figure that one out!) and I found that when I weighed weekly, I certainly wasn't a crab AT ALL.

I would weigh on Saturday mornings, and on Saturday evening, I had a "free" meal, in which I could have whatever I was craving all week long. It usually ended up being pizza. That was when I lived in New Jersey, where they actually could **make** pizza (I live in Michigan now... haven't had good 'za in over FIVE years!) That way, I wouldn't know what I gained in my "free" meal, and by the time the next Saturday rolled around, I lost what I had gained, and then another 2-3 pounds. It was a nice system, and I could have gone along forever doing it.

Then I got pregnant.

With triplets.

'Nuff said! :thumbup::tt2::thumbup: <---them :lol: <---me :biggrin: <----DH

BTW......

the scale was MUCH kinder today, and decided that it actually wanted to maintain it's residence on my bathroom floor (next to the dust bunnies and hair tumbleweeds) and came in at 331.6.

I'm much less crabby...... however, with all this GD rain lately, I may need that Xanax anyway.... we have THREE computers in this house, all very nice Mac Pro's (I have a home office) and they totally hog them during rainy days.... which all Michiganders know: has been EVERY FREAKING DAY lately!

I don't know who created "fusion Fall" but I may have to hurt them. Free membership my ass.... in order to "get special powers" my kids are all begging for the $5.95/month membership. TIMES THREE.

Someone's going to get hurt!

It's def going to be a bumpy ride ( over the bodies of those we kill over hunger, LOL)

OMG! I almost spit my Atkins Dark chocolate Royale shake all over my monitor! That's the funniest thing I've read in WEEKS!

I'm LOVING you for making me laugh today!!

loveshower.gif

Hugs,

Karen

TripletMomma.....watch those prepackaged meals ..... specifically, the sodium content. I am very sensitive to salt and can retain Water in the blink of an eye. I cook with very little salt and almost never, ever add it to foods. There are a few things that I won't eat without salt but that's normal......grits, eggs, and potatoes (which I don't eat very often) is about it. But I remember going on Weight Watchers years ago and I ate a lot of Lean Cuisine and WW meals for lunch at work .... and was retaining a lot of Fluid. Then I looked at the sodium content.

Hey Cathy!

I do try to watch the salt... my mom got me some beef broth.. and I was stunned to see that the serving was only 1/2 cup...... 10 calories?? Then I saw the salt content: 860mg salt... that means 1 cup has 1720!

OMG!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up..... I'll need to scrutinize every little mg!

I always know when I'm retaining Water, and I certainly was yesterday. Funny thing..... I have a tattoo on my left foot (flowers) and it swells up underneath the tattoo when I'm retaining Water. The tattoo almost gets 3D looking.

Can't decide if that's cool.... or just freaky (or kinda freaky cool??)

Hang in there Momma! It's going to get better. I was so crabby last night, and my husband was in the mood to playful pick at me. The whole "I'm not touching you is so childish to begin with...but last night I wanted to break the finger that wasn't touching me.

I too typically weigh everyday, and I know that it is not a good idea. Yet, I do it anyway. I am really going to start trying to do it once a week. I have been preop for 5 days and lost 12 pounds which puts me at 330. I know that pace cannot continue as a lot of it was Water. However, my secretary told me today, "You look different". I told her it was either cause I was rested from vacation, or because I lost 12 pounds. I thought they were gonna call Washington! They jumped around high fiving each other. I though if this is what happens every time I lose a pound, we are not going to get much work done this year. Secretly, it made me feel really good.

I think I'm willing to sacrifice those I must kill in order to be thin? Who really needs two kids! LOL

Patty

OK..... I must admit, I **used** to weigh once a week in 1999 when I lost 80 pounds on my own (no need to tell my classic yo-yo dieting story.... you guys can figure that one out!) and I found that when I weighed weekly, I certainly wasn't a crab AT ALL.

I would weigh on Saturday mornings, and on Saturday evening, I had a "free" meal, in which I could have whatever I was craving all week long. It usually ended up being pizza. That was when I lived in New Jersey, where they actually could **make** pizza (I live in Michigan now... haven't had good 'za in over FIVE years!) That way, I wouldn't know what I gained in my "free" meal, and by the time the next Saturday rolled around, I lost what I had gained, and then another 2-3 pounds. It was a nice system, and I could have gone along forever doing it.

Then I got pregnant.

With triplets.

'Nuff said! :thumbup::tt2::thumbup: <---them :lol: <---me :biggrin: <----DH

BTW......

the scale was MUCH kinder today, and decided that it actually wanted to maintain it's residence on my bathroom floor (next to the dust bunnies and hair tumbleweeds) and came in at 331.6.

I'm much less crabby...... however, with all this GD rain lately, I may need that Xanax anyway.... we have THREE computers in this house, all very nice Mac Pro's (I have a home office) and they totally hog them during rainy days.... which all Michiganders know: has been EVERY FREAKING DAY lately!

I don't know who created "fusion Fall" but I may have to hurt them. Free membership my ass.... in order to "get special powers" my kids are all begging for the $5.95/month membership. TIMES THREE.

Someone's going to get hurt!

Your smiley faces @ the triplets is priceless! Thanks for the laugh..

LOL what a great read!

I hope you are feeling better today! I think I would go INSANE on a liquid diet that long. You give me hope!

I am sooooo tempted to weigh myself daily, but I try to hold off for a few days between weigh ins. Sometimes I can't help myself and sneak one in, and of course I get grouchy too, especially since my scale:

A: sucks, and is hardly ever accurate.

B: only likes one particular spot on the floor, everything else gives errors.

C: can give false readings at my weight.

So until I get under the scale's limit I just average the widely varying numbers until I get something that I like. I suppose the only thing that matters is the scales at the drs office, so until I get weighed there, I'll be happy to crunch the numbers and let them lie to me.

:biggrin:

Hang in there, you can do it!!!!

I am getting very nervous, I start my preop diet on Sunday. It is supposed to be a liquid diet for 2 weeks, but they are adding in 2 "lean and green" meals for me per day since I am breastfeeding. I did South Beach about 6 months ago and the first 3 or 4 days were awful!!! I think my poor kids will be ready to run away during my preop diet!! :)

the first 3 or 4 days were awful!!! I think my poor kids will be ready to run away during my preop diet!! :tt2:

..I guess that explains why my dh has been working late for the last 2 days..:laugh: