Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curious about Restriction

Hello all, Has anyone out there felt any restriction with just one fill. I have heard so much about having to get 3-4 fills to have restriction. Was just wondering if anyone was able to get it with one. I know everyone is different. My first fill is next week and I can not wait for even the slightest restriciton as these past six weeks have been tough.

I am having my first fill tomorrow morning. I am pretty damn nervous. I am also hoping that it will just take one or two fills to get to the right restriction.

Im so nervous about the needle!

From what I've read and researched online, aggressive fills seem to be a contributor to post op complications. Just wanted to let you know that; surgeons use their own good judgment and want us to be successful, I generally believe. Taking a while to hit "restriction" helps prevent that. They have come a long way since the "early" days a few years back. Bands come in sizes now, many surgeons DO NOT put a fill in during surgery, and they fill more slowly. Since the point is a lifetime of health, if your surgeon is a conservative one, there's probably (in his mind at least) a good reason.

I do NOT mean everyone who has aggressive fills will have problems, nor will everyone who has conservative fills be problem free. But the odds are in your favor if you take it slow. Good luck! :smile2:

i felt a lot of restriction from my first 2ml fill. It wore off after 3 months and I had another fill, got great restriction for a further 3 months, then another small fill. I have 5mls in a 10ml band.

My starting weight on my pre op diet in August 08 was 260lbs, banded 6 November 08 and current weight 154lbs.

you may indeed feel a reasonable level of restriction after one fill, some people never actually have a fill ever, just the band in place restricts them (a tiny percentage are like this). On the other hand you may be like me where there is restriction that loosens as internal fat is lost or you may be like a lot of people where you need a few fills to get any restriction at all. We are all different but most of us get there in the end.

Good luck!

Sue

My surgeon was one of the cautious ones and I am grateful for that. She left my band empty and I will have my first fill on 08-04-09. I am excited. I have always felt some restriction since the surgery but it is getting less and less of course as time goes on. I am still eating the same and losing though but my stomach growls sometimes. I just let it growl. Down 25lbs. Lovin' it.

I've got a 10cc band and filled with 5cc's at this point. I have great restriction and have since Feb. When I got my last fill. I am getting hungry in the mornings now though and am thinking I may need a tiny tiny fill. Just to take the edge off. I'm thinking about food too much and I no likey...lol This was my 4th fill in Feb. I was banded in Aug o8.

Restriction for me is just getting full quicker....the same feeling you normally feel when you're full just alot sooner. So you have to chew really good and eat slow so you avoid getting that horrible overfull feeling and possibly pb'ing. I tend to feel a tight feeling in my upper stomach where the band is from time to time also especially in the mornings. From retaining Water.< /p>