Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Lap Band Buddy / Mentor 1 year out and only lost 30 pounds....

I had my surgery july 7 2008 and onlt have lost 30 pounds. I am type 1 diabetic and exercise regularly. Does anyone have any advise for me? Do you follow any meal plan or just eat what you make for the rest of the family? I think if I had a dietician that would make me a plan what to eat and when that would help..but when I suggested that to my dietician she said not everyone likes the same food she likes! She never even tried.. but if anyone has any advise I sure would appreciate it..:cool2:

I don't have my band yet, but am starting the process.

Do you go for fills still? Maybe that is what you need???

My doctor has said that I will/should be eating on a salad sized plate, filled w/ a small Protein, small vegetables, small carb serving... and to go for the Protein first, veggies & then carb.

SRiggs, when was your last fill? My doctor stresses that after you reach your sweet spot it is important to come in occasionally and let them withdraw all the Fluid in your band and then top it off to your sweet spot. Apparently over time there is a small amount of evaporation.

My eating plan isn't really different from Mango's ..... I have a Protein shake (20 grams of protein) for Breakfast because it's easiest for me. In a time crunch, I can drink it in the car. lunch and dinner .....3 oz of Protein which looks to be about the same size as a deck of cards, to help you visualize that. A vegetable, raw or steamed. salad isn't a great choice unless it's spinach or other dark greens since regular lettuces have very little nutrition. If you are still hungry, a single serving of whole grain carb. Drink at least 64 oz. of Water (plain Water, not tea or whatever) every day. Take a good Multivitamin each day.

If you have that occassional hunger attack, snack on a little protein, like a boiled egg.

Watch your blood sugars carefully. Once you drop a few more pounds, you may see a BIG difference that will reduce your insulin dependence so your dosing formula will become very important to you!

I had my surgery july 7 2008 and onlt have lost 30 pounds. I am type 1 diabetic and exercise regularly. Does anyone have any advise for me? Do you follow any meal plan or just eat what you make for the rest of the family? I think if I had a dietician that would make me a plan what to eat and when that would help..but when I suggested that to my dietician she said not everyone likes the same food she likes! She never even tried.. but if anyone has any advise I sure would appreciate it..:crying:

Do you journal your food intake daily? Sometimes people don't eat enough calories, especially if they exercise. If you are near or below 1000 per day, try adding a few hundred calories at least twice a week (maybe daily intake of 1300-1500 total) to see if that stimulates your weight loss again.