Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5th Day out and yes I ate Chicken!!

Came here and posted this thread for guidance and I did end up getting the information that I needed for me not to feel as though eating a piece of chicken is okay. I was not informed like most of you all seem to have been. I was fortunate enough to not go through any hassle at all getting banded. I didnt attend one seminar and only had one doctors appointment before my surgery date. Maybe I jumped the gun..maybe not...but when someone reaches out to you the best thing I think to do is infrom not crituque or act as if you know my situation.

Trying to tread lightly here...

I just would like to say that parts of this thread have been pulled. It's easy to draw the wrong conclusions when we don't have all the information, and to misinterpret emotions intended when we post on a board here. Goodness knows I've been misunderstood before, and most of us have probably experienced that too.

As the mods have said, no personal attacks please!

We all have a right to our opinions (thank goodness! it's still the old USA)

But perhaps we could just let this rest? (We could all join hands and sing Kum-Ba-Ya or something!)

Since the thread is incomplete, perhaps we could just let it die a natural death. ?

And by the lack of pictures on your page and blog I bet your face is even less to be desired.

Get out of my thread...and kiss my @$$----there...even less for you to desire

Aren't you precious.

Then why do you come HERE for advice if people who have had this surgery longer than you are "know-it-alls"?? Try your doctor.

Your "character" leaves a lot to be desired.

In response to this, I would like to say that I am so glad that you are so perfect, but for the rest of us imperfect people, we make mistakes. I too, cheated a little my first week. Obviously, I have an addiction to food or I would not be in this situation and neither would you. Yes, having this surgery is a big life changing decision, but I am still human, I still make mistakes and sometimes I make mistakes over a freaking chicken strip. Good luck to you, but i know that you won't need it, your too perfect!

So... then why take such a drastic measure like surgery if you were going to treat it like a diet? Unfortunately it's that mentality that tanks too many people.

I wanted this too bad to cheat over a chicken strip or any other food during my healing. I wanted this more than I wanted food, and being in the same boat as everybody else here, I too was addicted to food. You don't hold a corner market on that one.

My thought is if you can't even do this for yourself, then don't be pissed at those of us who took it more seriously than you did. Doesn't make us perfect. Maybe we just want this more or have self-control.

But I am like PoolGirl in the sense that those who cheat like this get no sympathy from me. I also don't sugarcoat. I'm a tough love type when it comes to this.

However, if you lose your band due to cheating, it's no skin off my nose.

Remember not to judge someone until you "have walked two moons in her sandals".

Who out of us hasn't? I didn't eat a THING for a solid month -- two weeks prior to surgery, two weeks after.

And by the lack of pictures on your page and blog I bet your face is even less to be desired.

Get out of my thread...and kiss my @$$----there...even less for you to desire

You're making my point.

You come in here with this ghetto, girl-rilla attitude looking for advice, but when it's given you attack those who say things you don't want to hear. Clean up your act and listen to the advice given to you for a change. I've seen your posting all over this site, and you don't do yourself any service whatsoever.

There's good advice to be gleaned from all the "fat ass know-it-alls" around here. Otherwise, why ask??

No there was plenty of people that told me what the problem was and why I shouldnt be eating solid foods. They got their point across just fine without attacking my character.

You and the pool girl just need to have a fat pity depressed party togather because that is obviously what your life consist of.

Just because your twice my age it does not give you any right to tell me what you think I should do and be lucky that you called me ghetto over the computer and not to my face because you would have seen the gorilla come out of this girl :biggrin:

Now since you like to make a negative comment on everyone that supports me and my decisions I will no longer dignify your petty responses with a comment. Have a good day and I hope that you lose all the weight that you want but when you dont and your still fat and miserable and "looking for those donuts", just know that theres this sexy "ghetto" girl from VA smiling and laughing at you.

You're making my point.

You come in here with this ghetto, girl-rilla attitude looking for advice, but when it's given you attack those who say things you don't want to hear. Clean up your act and listen to the advice given to you for a change. I've seen your posting all over this site, and you don't do yourself any service whatsoever.

There's good advice to be gleaned from all the "fat ass know-it-alls" around here. Otherwise, why ask??

I really think she did come for advice. And the advice that was well-offered was well-received. It was the condescending attitude behind some of the so-called "advice" that brought the girl-rilla out. And I can't even believe you said ghetto.

And I can't even believe you said ghetto.

I've read enough of her posts to stand by it. If she's going to act that way, it's going to be called that way. If she acts like this in real life, I can't believe somebody hasn't knocked her lights out.

As for advice, we "know-it-alls" were dissed from the start. People who have had the band longer than myself have given great advice, but they were slammed as "fat asses" and "know-it-alls."

People with attitudes like that don't deserve the time of day. There are enough people out there with REAL concerns and problems to worry about rather than people who constantly act all ghetto on people in numerous threads.

With that said, I'm moving on to DECENT people who deserve help. The kind that's needed here requires meds and counseling.

beth how much did u lose?

This thread is no longer serving any purpose and I am closing it. Stop all the personal attacks!