Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Natural Cures

This thread is possibly going to start controversy as that is NOT my intentions. My mother was kind enough to buy this book for everyone in our family - Kevin Trudeau's Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About. This is a truly SPECTACULAR READ! If you want to find out what the government, drug companies, and food industries are doing to aid in America's obesity epidemic and what you can do to become whole and healthy, please read this book.

I'm trying to choose my words carefully as even in my everday life this book causes me controversy just from carrying it around with me. If you care about what your feeding yourself, and your children, and your family - you MUST read this book. Ever wonder why young women/men develop so much earlier now? Because of the numerous growth hormones that are put in everyday items you consume meat, milk, eggs, etc. There is so much I could go into detail here - but everything in the book JUST MAKES SENSE! And I for one and glad this man went against the grain to bring out the truth. I've told 3 other friends that they NEED this book, and they went out and bought it and couldn't believe the things I had been telling them that were true. They are all converting to natural organic products as I am myself. It not only pertains to food, but also household cleaning products, deodorant - it pertains to EVERYTHING you buy!

If anyone else has read this book or would like more information, please feel free to post. I will answer questions about the book although I am not through reading it yet.

My Mom called the other day and told me she ordered it for herself. While on the phone they offered a second book for $15 so she got it for my sister and I to share. I can't wait to read it. I'll be sure to post any questions I have here, thanks for hanging out till I can get into it. I tend not to be overly-dramatic or easily swayed toward conspiracy theories (which I'm guessing this book gets a few nods in that direction) BUT I'm open minded and practical enough to give it a shot. I'm ready to read up!!!

I have been wanting to read this book too! I saw the infomercial for it on TV and wrote down the name of it then. I'm headed to see if I can find it online and how much it costs.

I like to read, let it sink in, and then let my own value system take over. It's like panning for gold - you sort through a lot of crap to get to the valuable stuff.

That's all it takes - I'm not saying I completely agree 100% with everything - but yes the majority of it is absolutely true, but everyone has to be there own judge. As a friend of this forum I just had to do my part by sharing what a wonderful experience I've had from reading this book and if only one person chooses to read it then that is awesome. I'm not trying ot push it on anyone - just saying anyone who's interested in a healthy NATURAL life - they should give this one a whirl. I like how he backs everything up with facts that you can research because I have on some things that I wanted to know more about! Yes I'm 200 pages into the book so keep me posted and we can discuss any questions that you may have, I will do my best to help find the answers. I have questions too that I discuss with my mom and girlfriends who are also reading it so we get a lot of feedback off of each other. It's great! Keep me posted everyone!

Ive been using a all natural product to lower my blood sugar.It has worked far better than my meds.I did read the book. But it really bothered me. I never found his cures for diabeties and if you want to find out how he quit smoking just pay another 29.95 to join his web site.Glad I just checked it out and did not purchase.He did have some very good ideas.Colonics for one.

Yes absolutely - i'm not promoting I agree 100% with everything he says - but he does have good ideas and facts to back them up. The colonics thing I'm scared to start - but yes I'm going to get a colonic very soon and have a few done as they cost $50 a session and it takes several sessions to completely clean your colon - so I figured I could get my colon cleaned professionally a few times and then try all natural kits at home - I found one that doesn't have a laxative effect. And forgive me but I was just on his website and it was only $9.95 to join and you got access to all of his personal recommendations? Yes it is kind of aggravating for him to give you the information of WHAT you need to do, but to GET his personal recommendations on EXACT products to use you do have to join his website although I do believe it is a worthy cause he's fighting for and will probably join for a few months to see what kind of information he gives there. All of his ideas are dead on - and you can take that information and ask any health food expert/person what they would recommend for say a home colon cleansin? Then they can give you recommendations on what product to purchase for your need. So the information is available to you. I'll keep you updated on if I join his site.

CandySmooch (I love that name!), I haven't read that particular book but I've read lots of others. I'm not saying that Dr.'s and meds don't serve a purpose, but I've had several experiences where natural and holistic healing were far more helpful than the prescribed stuff. I think Docs are important and useful, but sometimes you just can't always rely on their knowledge, especially when diagnosing an illness. When my daughter was 4 she started getting sick, throwing up frequently and having terrible diarrhea. This 1st time I took her to the doctor she said it was acid reflux and sent us home with a perscription. A week later my daughter was still very will and had lost a lot of weight. The doctor then said it was probably a virus and it would have to run it's course. After a few more days my poor baby was so weak she could barely lift her head. At one she looked at me and said "please help me". Needless to say I was frantic. I called my sister in Colorado (she practices natural and nutritional healing) and asked her to help. Within minutes she called me back. "I know what it is" she said. She told me there had been several cases in her area of giardia (a parasite) in her area. She also told me that when adults have it, the symptoms are diarrhea and gas but not vomiting. She said to back to the doctor, give them the symptoms, but leave out the part about vomiting. I did as she said, they diagnosed giardia, gave my daughter medication for it and within 3 days she was fine.

When I asked the doctor why it took so long to figure it out she said that vomiting wasn't a symptom of giardia so no one even considered it. "But", my doctor said, "I'm sure glad I figured it out". Yeah, I am too.

A long winded story, I know. But it was that experience that made me realize that we all have to take active parts in diagnosing and healing ourselves because doctors don't always have the answers.

Like I mentioned in the other thread I only buy organic fruit and veg and usually organic meat too. Always organic milk and eggs. It costs a fortune but its worth it in terms of our family's health and the improvement in my son's asthma and eczema has been remarkable as it had not been able to be tied down to actual food allergies.

We also use natural/organic cosmetics and grooming products in this household.

And I am very proud of the fact that we have never used disposable nappies in this household apart from on the odd occasion. There is no way I would ever put that chemical gel near my baby's bum! Read up on what is in them and what it can do, its horrifying. We've done cloth all the way and most of the stuff I've used has come from the US, you have the most amazing cloth diapering products over there. We use Fuzzibunz almost exclusively :-)

But people have to decide this stuff for themselves, its not black or white but shades of grey and everybody has to decide where they feel comfortable on the spectrum. I'd use a disposable diaper or regular antipersperant way before I ate pesticides on a daily basis. So every little bit helps.

Its all better for our environment too :-)

leah - you are absolutely right - I work in the health field and have for 7 years now. I believe dr.'s are most helpful in situations where natural alternative medicine would not be of purpose - say I was in a car accident and needed drugs and surgery to keep me alive - in that respect the medical world has come so far and absolutelty shoot me up and cut me open to keep me alive - but as for illnesses etc - I believe in alternative medicines. thank you for sharing your posts with us leah and jachut. and jachut i will definately remember the diapers you use when I have children. every little bit helps!! that's the best you can do!

Colonics? Does that hurt? It sounds owie to me.

And not sure what the chemicals in diapers can do my baby? That scares me a little. He's 2 and that's what we've always used, just because the thought of having to wash poopy diapers everyday makes me sick to my stomach. But I suppose if he's really at major risk I'd like to know. Can you PM me with the info? Thanks.

Prior to getting banded, and in a desperate attempt to control my weight after being diagnosed with a thyroid disorder, I went "natural". It didn't really help with the thyroid thing (and thus the weight), but in the process, I read the internet from one end to the other about additives, hormones (or as I like to refer to them "horror moans") in meat eggs etc, the overuse of Corn Syrup, the lack of vitamines in vegetables...it is expensive though...although with the band, I'm eating less...so it all works out.

Those looking for info. check out the Environmental Working Group web site...they have a list of the most effected fruits/veges by pestacides, and the least effected. It helps to have a place to start.