Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started my pre-op diet today!!

Hi,

I started my two week pre-op (liver shrinking) diet today!! So far so good. My friend who will be banded in the fall is doing this diet with me for the first week. Misery loves company!! :bored: Actually the only part I am having some trouble with is the Protein Shakes, I have a hard time getting them down (I don't care for the thickness/or texture of them.) Hopefully I will be able to find one that I can tolerate. Anyone else getting banded on August 4th?

~Carol

Congratulations on starting your pre-op diet! I am a few weeks behind you.

Have you tried the Isopure "drinks" that come in the bottles? They are clear, sorta like a Kool-Aid but have a lot of Protein. They are a good alternative to the creamy shake type. I add a little Diet Cranberry juice to them to liven them up but they are fine straight out of the bottle. They sell them at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe.

Enjoy the journey!!:bored:

heyy i start mine tomorrow. the Protein Shake im using is what my nurtitionist gave me and its called HMR 800. she also gave me some recipies for the shakes so they wont be so boring. 2 for chocolate and 2 for vanilla. maybe you can get the same Protein shake that im using? im not getting banded august 4th but i am getting banded july 31st (:

good luck :bored:

Hey there, I don't have to start my diet until the day before but my nutrionist gave me some things to try for Protein. They are called Unjury. It is packets that you mix with stuff. They have chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, unflavored & chicken Soup. I have tried the vanilla & the strawberry just to see about the taste. They were very good. I put the vanilla in my coffee and the strawberry in milk and it tasted just like strawberry milk. The unflavored one is good b/c they say you can mix it with Water or tea or whatever & you don't even taste it. The soup flavor you can make a soup thing out of & they say it is wonderful. You can check it out. Just type in unjury & it will come up. They have very high protein. Good Luck.

Hi, I started mine yesterday too. I have bought a whole pack of 4 weeks liquid diet from better md. you can go to their website, anyway, their shakes are very good, im really surprized, i have had protien shakes before and they leave that gritty taste in your mouth, these really taste like chocolate or vanilla shakes. I mix mine with skim milk and ice in the blender. My situation is a little different though, My surg is sched for aug 5th, and im getting the run around from insurance. they told me yesterday that i only have 2 co morbidities, and that the med director needs to look at my case, the insurance lady told me that its not looking too good, but its still in review, this is soooo stupid to me though because i have a bmi of 41, i only need one more co morbi, or 1 more risk factor, i told my dr, fine,,, i smoke then, i mean i have in the past, well, i should find out something in the next couple of days. Try looking into this better md stuff. it really is good, im just having a hard time because i really want to eat..... Jo

I am in week 2 of my pre-surgery diet.( date of 7/29). I have had some wicked headaches, but I forgot to drink plenty of water...oopsie! doing much better the past 2 days. You may get a little shakey/week make sure you drink plenty of fluids!!! I ca not stress that enough..Lots of luck!!

I just started my pre-op diet today! I am not enjoying it so far and I planned on the first day being the worst. It's been easier than I thought, but now i'm starting to get hungry. I am on a liquid diet, but I just ate a huge bowl of sugar-free jello--that seems to be filling me up in terms of feeling like i've actually "eaten." Hope this gets easier!