Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I posted this on my July board also.

Ok guys...I was supposed to be banded today and I cancelled yesterday. I was so sick I called and left a message for the doc and cancelled. Im a little upset that he never called me back but I guess he was busy. I did receive a couple calls today from the nurse that I didnt get until she was already gone. I will call her first thing tomorrow.

I'm so torn and discouraged. I'm upset cause I've been waiting 15 months for this day and it was ruined yet again AND I'm wondering if I should do this. I clearly dont lose the weight on my own & Im sick of being fat/unhealthy BUT was this a sign?

I started thinking about the damage/trauma the band will do to my stomach. I could potentially have the lapband (replacements as well obviously through the years) for 50 years if Im lucky to live that long. Can the tissue of my stomach handle that?

No one seems to understand why I want this band except for my hubby. Everyone else says, you know what to do, just do it! I KNOW WHAT TO DO BUT I CANT! I NEED HELP!

Ok...the venting will stop. Sorry guys. Im just sad about all of this. Ive been crying on and off (in secret).

Im probably looking too deep into it. Please give me advise :smile:

Hi I don't think it was a sign it was probably a virus. We tend to get sick easier when we are stressed and it sounds like you are. This is a decision you have to make for yourself. I struggled with the same thing, Maybe if I try one more diet this one will work. The clincher for me was having my mom tell me they were upping her diabetes medicine. Then I remembered that the reason that I wanted to surgery was because I was headed down the road of high blood pressure and diabetes and wanted to give my children a better mom. If you need to cry go ahead, sometimes you feel better after but writer down why you want to have it done then see if that reason still holds true. Good luck

Hi I don't think it was a sign it was probably a virus. We tend to get sick easier when we are stressed and it sounds like you are. This is a decision you have to make for yourself. I struggled with the same thing, Maybe if I try one more diet this one will work. The clincher for me was having my mom tell me they were upping her diabetes medicine. Then I remembered that the reason that I wanted to surgery was because I was headed down the road of high blood pressure and diabetes and wanted to give my children a better mom. If you need to cry go ahead, sometimes you feel better after but writer down why you want to have it done then see if that reason still holds true. Good luck

Geez...thanks so much for post. I really appreciate it. Im going to write it down now. Great idea! :smile:

My surgery got cancelled today too! Mine was because the air conditioning in the OR's broke over the weekend and it was too hot to use. Neither of these are our faults! I was thinking it was a sign as well! This was the second time my surgery was cancelled, both had nothing to do with me! I think we're totally going to be fine and we're going to look and feel great in another 9 months. I'm going to try and think of it like this . . .we weren't meant to have surgery today! When we do have it done, we'll be so happy we did. Keep me posted as to when yours is rescheduled. Good luck to you!!

My surgery got cancelled today too! Mine was because the air conditioning in the OR's broke over the weekend and it was too hot to use. Neither of these are our faults! I was thinking it was a sign as well! This was the second time my surgery was cancelled, both had nothing to do with me! I think we're totally going to be fine and we're going to look and feel great in another 9 months. I'm going to try and think of it like this . . .we weren't meant to have surgery today! When we do have it done, we'll be so happy we did. Keep me posted as to when yours is rescheduled. Good luck to you!!

NinaC...Im so glad to hear from you. Sorry that your surgery was cancelled too. I dont know what to do. when are you going to be re-scheduled? We have to keep in touch.

Instead of being a sign maybe you were sick because you are not ready. The mind is very powerful and can cause genuine symptoms.Reading your post you do sound as though you are unsure.

Hopefully you resolve this soon.

Good luck whatever you decide.

i must say, that if i got the flu or a bug the day before my surgery i would be in a panic, i would be on the phone with my surgeon's office til i got a voice, not an answering machine, and my mind was at ease that it would be rescheduled ...for soon. i would be so devastated that i would, with all shameful honesty, be trying to talk myself into how i can hide the symptoms to get through the surgery anyway (though i'd like to think i would ultimately come to my senses)... becuase I really, really, really wanted this!!

i don't know if it is fear or uncertainty...only you can truly know this. but if it is fear...

you had triplets darlin!!!! I assume you had a c-section. I have had 4 c-sections and can tell you, if you can handle that, this is a piece of cake in comparison, and has much less risk, and waaaay quicker recovery. you'll be back to chasing after your babies in no time:)

if it is uncertainty... talk to someone who knows you well and who you truly trust....and be soul searching honest with him/her.

to be successful, you MUST be ready, and you MUST want it.

Good Luck! I truly hope you do it for yourself and that you are a great success :smile:

i must say, that if i got the flu or a bug the day before my surgery i would be in a panic, i would be on the phone with my surgeon's office til i got a voice, not an answering machine, and my mind was at ease that it would be rescheduled ...for soon. i would be so devastated that i would, with all shameful honesty, be trying to talk myself into how i can hide the symptoms to get through the surgery anyway (though i'd like to think i would ultimately come to my senses)... becuase I really, really, really wanted this!!

i don't know if it is fear or uncertainty...only you can truly know this. but if it is fear...

you had triplets darlin!!!! I assume you had a c-section. I have had 4 c-sections and can tell you, if you can handle that, this is a piece of cake in comparison, and has much less risk, and waaaay quicker recovery. you'll be back to chasing after your babies in no time:)

if it is uncertainty... talk to someone who knows you well and who you truly trust....and be soul searching honest with him/her.

to be successful, you MUST be ready, and you MUST want it.

Good Luck! I truly hope you do it for yourself and that you are a great success :)

Thanks a lot for the pep talk! I needed that one! :bored:

Im waiting for a call back from the office now. I'll keep everyone posted!

Ok...talked to the nurse. She said that with the stomach thing (puking) - nerves or not it was the right thing to cancel. I would have had extreme naseau after the surgery. I have an allergy thing going on. She wants that cleared up & my reg doc to give me clearance from the sickness (he will do today) and they will fit me in next week. One week of strict Optifast & I should be ok. Im excited again. :bored:

That's great! I'm glad you"re rescheduling! I took three different antinausea drugs yesterday to make sure I wouldn't vomit!! They really don't want you to be sick! I'm having mine done tomorrow and I'm very excited!! Good luck to you and I'll post as soon as I can!!

I am so sorry the two of you did not get your surgery done today. I have not had mine yet (I am just starting the process) I can just imagine the anxiety you have gone through and now to wait again. Hang in their girls.

You know girls rule. We are all going to beat this thing yet.

Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers.

Ok...talked to the nurse. She said that with the stomach thing (puking) - nerves or not it was the right thing to cancel. I would have had extreme naseau after the surgery. I have an allergy thing going on. She wants that cleared up & my reg doc to give me clearance from the sickness (he will do today) and they will fit me in next week. One week of strict Optifast & I should be ok. Im excited again. :thumbup:

YAAAAAAAAY!!!! :thumbup: