Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are some dreams or goals you have for yourself

Well, its not a goal, but I have more than a year till my driver's license needs renewed. I am currently more than 50 pounds under what it says. A "This isn't you" might be nice.

To play with my kids on a daily basis... running around the yard, park, wrestling with them on the floor, biking etc.

Taking kids on small trips to Water parks, zoos, just all the neat stuff out there in the world.

Driving my dream car that I already own. I bought a 2001 Dodge Viper in 2005 and got too large to drive it comfortably. Thought about selling it because of that reason... pitiful.

There are many other things I would like to list... I am ready to live life!

Jason

It sure is easier getting in and out of this little beauty now that I am 200 instead of 285.

post-255802-13813138596518_thumb.jpg

post-255802-1381313859685_thumb.jpg

I would like to be able to play with my son in the yard and not get overheated and dripping sweat. I want to be able to hike again in the mountainslike when I was a kid.

I will be two years next month and I can say that I am very happy and pleased with the band. I can sit and enjoy the rides at the park. I do not sweat like I used to when working outside. I can move much faster and get into small areas and do a lot more things. It is the best thing I have done for myself.

Chris

My goal is much simpler: I just want to be able to go into the Gap or Levi's and buy shirts and pants off the shelf, without having to special order XXL's (or worse, go to Casual Male).

Slowly but surely, I'm getting there.

Have set a few tbh:-

1.To get into "normal cloths shopping!"

2.To climb triglav mountain in Slovenia

3.To fit into all the rides in Florida next year

4.Run 16kms with backpack in less than 2hrs

Point 1 will take time but i have lost 4" off my waist already and have to buy new jeans this week.

Point 2 i am starting already. I have climbed to Krvavec(1800meters) and Triglav is (2,900meters) so i have some way to get used to it yet.

Point 3 i am sure i will be fine on the few rides that i had to walk ashamed away from. The Mummy ride was worst..lol WALKING THE MILE as my wife said "get off fatty no matter how much you breath in or move seat you aint getting in"..LOL this was infact my turning point and reason i started looking at the band.

Point 4 i will have to build up to and work hard on. This again will come in time as i get fitter i think. The more weight i get off the better i will get. 2hrs is my magic figure, i did it faster when i was in the armed forces but thats an ok target to aim for.

Have set a few tbh:-

1.To get into "normal cloths shopping!"

2.To climb triglav mountain in Slovenia

3.To fit into all the rides in Florida next year

4.Run 16kms with backpack in less than 2hrs

Point 1 will take time but i have lost 4" off my waist already and have to buy new jeans this week.

Point 2 i am starting already. I have climbed to Krvavec(1800meters) and Triglav is (2,900meters) so i have some way to get used to it yet.

Point 3 i am sure i will be fine on the few rides that i had to walk ashamed away from. The Mummy ride was worst..lol WALKING THE MILE as my wife said "get off fatty no matter how much you breath in or move seat you aint getting in"..LOL this was infact my turning point and reason i started looking at the band.

Point 4 i will have to build up to and work hard on. This again will come in time as i get fitter i think. The more weight i get off the better i will get. 2hrs is my magic figure, i did it faster when i was in the armed forces but thats an ok target to aim for.

Nice GOALS WILLIAM, I know that buying those smaller jeans is a great feeling. I have had to uy some smaller clothes as well, but I cant wait till i can go into any "regular"

store and get whatever the heck I want. :D

A quick THANKS to all that have posted on here. It is really amazing how many similar goals we all have. I know all of us will get there one of these days. KEEP UP all the great work, and I look forward to seeing how all of us progress over time.

I want to be able to ride a burro down into the Grand Canyon.

I want to be able to ride a burro down into the Grand Canyon.

Only if I can grow wings.

A test to see how I really felt about the way I looked after the weight loss and had to push myself big time for this one..

went to a nudist resort.

I was nervous as hell but once I did it the experience was great. The most comfortable I've ever felt in my own skin.

So I put this dare out to the rest of you guys....

A test to see how I really felt about the way I looked after the weight loss and had to push myself big time for this one..

went to a nudist resort.

I was nervous as hell but once I did it the experience was great. The most comfortable I've ever felt in my own skin.

So I put this dare out to the rest of you guys....

So, uh.. where's the dare? :(

Congrats :)

A lot of nudist groups I've frequented haven't been the muscle-bunny nudist groups. A lot of overweight folks in attendence, etc. Getting over the "but they'll see me nekkid" was, for me, more a matter of being nude among strangers than relative size (belly, butt, whatever) in that environment.

I rather enjoy them, and I think it's a good suggestion for folks in general.

For me, it's definitely...

1) Being able to buy clothing from a store and not have to go to the end or the bottom to find the largest size they have (and still not be able to fit).

2) Going to clubs/dancing with friends and not feel like the big fat guy no one wants to dance with.

3) Become a regular sky diver. I went once when I was a teenager and loved it!

4) Finish a half (or maybe even full) marathon!

5) Stop sweating all the time! It can be 20 degrees below zero, and if I just walk up one flight of stairs I'll start to sweat. Not having to constantly worry about it and be embarrassed about it would be so wonderful!

6) Feel attractive and have someone be attracted to me!

7) Get rid of my sleep apnea and FINALLY get a good night's sleep.< /span>

These are just the things I thought of off the top of my head. There are so many things that I do not do, or negative things that I do, because of my weight. I'm so looking forward to the time when I feel normal and can do the things I have so longed for.

I can't wait to go to Kings Island and ride the roller coaster again!

goals

1. To be able to shop in normal section in a clothing store... no more big and tall. Would love to be a size 36 in jeans again.

2. Sit comfortably in movie theaters, airplanes, rollercoasters.

3. I have always wanted to skydive but never could do a tandem because I weigh too much.

4. I want to complete a triathlon in 2011.

5. Be alive long enough to watch my baby girl grow up.

6. I want to be able to go back home and see old friends. I haven't done it in 10 years because I'm too embarrassed about my weight.

7. I want to be able to go to the beach and the pool without being embarrassed about my body.

8. I want to be more in shape than I was in the military.

Keep it up, your goals are very similar to mine, so let me brag a little and hopefully provide some encouragement

goals

1. To be able to shop in normal section in a clothing store... no more big and tall. Would love to be a size 36 in jeans again.

That was my goal. I was recently surprised to try on 34's and they fit. I haven't wore them since my junior year in high school

2. Sit comfortably in movie theaters, airplanes, rollercoasters.

My wife and I both enjoyed the coasters at Cedar Point this summer for the first time in years.

3. I have always wanted to skydive but never could do a tandem because I weigh too much.

NEVER! But we did tandem parasail this year.

4. I want to complete a triathlon in 2011.

I'm doing a 1/2 marathon next week

5. Be alive long enough to watch my baby girl grow up.

Mine is getting married next April, I am not on BP meds at all and have a 120/80 steady BP with a 59 resting heart rate. (was 90)

6. I want to be able to go back home and see old friends. I haven't done it in 10 years because I'm too embarrassed about my weight.

I was obese for my 30th reunion in 2007. Looking forward to my 35th.

7. I want to be able to go to the beach and the pool without being embarrassed about my body.

I hear you.

8. I want to be more in shape than I was in the military.

Can't comment there. Good luck, keep at it