Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone's shoe size change afterwards?

I currently weigh 330lbs and wear a size 10 EE. I can only fit into a few styles of shoes.

Did anyone drop a shoe size or get to a normal shoe width after losing weightr?

Yes! I dropped a whole shoe size. all my old sandals would just fall off me. I had a wide foot before and now not so much. :wink2:

i have lost 100lbs and my shoe size went down a size i went from 9 and half to 8 and half and some shoes i have to wear an 8 so no worries on that part you will eventually lose from your feet as well.... good luck on your journey

yes...i went down 1 size and went from wide to medium. i wasnt anticipating this and had to buy new shoes in addition to clothes.

OH YA!! Im only 23 lbs down and none of my shoes fit!! I was not expecting that!

I've lost 75 lbs and have gone from a wide to a regular width. My daughter commented I have veiny feet now. Thanks for noticing, dear! ^_^

Omg i never thought about losing weight off my feet. I hope i don't drop any sizes because i LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE shoes and i have so many that i love (i own close to 50 pair). I would hate to give them up. But i only wear a size 7.5 and i don't wear wide so i don't think i will loose anything (i hope).

I lost a half-size in my shoes.

It's amazing how the body changes. Most everything gets smaller. SOME "components" actually got BIGGER. A LOT bigger.

It's also interesting to note that when I was at a particular weight many years ago, and fit into a certain size pants, well, I'm at that weight now, but the pants don't fit any more! The entire body structure just changes, and not just in size.

HH

I have already noticed my shoes getting looser. I was a size 8 when I was thinner years ago and now I am a size 10. I am sure I will lose a size when I continue down the road on my band journey. I agree with Reneek, I have a lot of shoes that I love and now I may have to give some of them up. Such a small price to pay for freedom from the torture of being overweight!

Yes, I went from a size 9 to size 8. I used to wear wide width and now I am a regular width. It was totally unexpected. I just noticed that my feet would flop in my shoes because my shoes were so big. It was almost dangerous at times becuase they were too big. I had to basically buy all new shoes - isn't that a shame? I also have had to move my rings from one finger to another finger because they also became too loose. I didn't expect that either.

I was talking to my mom about this yesturday after i read this thread and she said that they sale things that go in your shoes to make to make them fit tighter. She also said if you put the gel insoles in it will also make you shoes fit tighter. I don't know if this works or not but i thought i would share.

It is so ironic that I found this thread!! Just this weekend I found a pair of ADORABLE shoes that were on sale, but were an 8 1/2; I wear 9 1/2-10. They looked like they would fit, and I tried them on and VOILA!! I was so surprised, I tried on like 10 other pairs of 8 1/2's they all FIT!!

That was the size I wore before I had my 2 kids, and I'm back!