Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded June 03,2009 and my 21st bday was on July 6th, it was A BLAST.. but ultimately not good for my band..

Not only did i eat everything NOT good for me(chips,fried foods,cake etc...).. I ate and drank at the same time.. Drank alcohol (granted not that much) and i just cant seem to get my self back on track since..

On July 8th i went to the doctor and got a fill (4cc) and got test ran which the fill is obsolete if u eat and drink at the same time.RIGHT? Because in the mist of all my eating and what not i really didnt feel any resriction or any pressure... and def no vomiting.. I guess i just wanted to vent and ask... am i a total lost?.. Ive lost 30lbs prior to my screw up but im sure ive gained some back these past 2 wks. Let me know guys.. :scared2:

If you were eating those things when you were supposed to be on liquids or mushies for your post op diet then yeah it's probably not a good thing. If you were cleared to eat regular food by your surgeon and were able to keep eating like that it's actually pretty normal until you get the right amount of restriction with fills. Is the fill obsolete if you drink and eat at the same time? Never heard that so I don't think so. Don't get down on yourself for making a mistake. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try a little harder. Everyone is gonna slip up at one time or another, I know I certainly have.

No im like 7 weeks post op.. so i can eat the regular diet, i just feel like i REALLY fell off the bandwagon.. but im motivated now.. Im fine..

Im just worried that my fill isnt working.. i feel some pressure, but no restriction.. I can eat a whole chicken breast.. what i was asking is, if i drink with my meals does that hinder the restriction?

Drinking with meals doesn't change the amount of restriction you have - the band is as tight as the band is.

However, drinking with meals can push food through the band and make you feel hungrier sooner than you would if you do not drink with meals.

Not drinking with meals seems to be one of the things that we all have in common.

What size band do you have? I have a 14cc band and didn't even feel a HINT of restriction until 4.5 ccs...and it took to 6.5 to get to my "sweet spot". I'm now at 7.0 ccs

Even 10cc bandsters often take 3-4 fills (or more) to really "feel the love". But you're right; you need to get control of yourself. Just don't assume that you've hurt something because you aren't restricted.

AND fyi things like chips and cake are "sliders"...they will always go down way too easy, unless you're so tight you can't drink liquids, and then you'll dehydrate. In other words, willpower will always be required for those foods; the band can't really help us there.

And.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :smile:

If it was your 21 you deserved a blow out. Don't let the guilt suck the pleasure out of your day! :rolleyes:

RM is absoluely right. You had a great time and be sure and remember it as that. You crossed a right of passage and it is a big deal so don't deny yourself the fun of that. It sounds by your second thread like you got back on track. Yeah for you! Just keep at it. It is gonna be worth it! Good Luck!

Thanks guys.. Im doing so much better.. i just need to get back in the gym :biggrin:

Restless Monkey as strange as this may sound im not sure how big my band is.. eek.. Im going to call my doctor and set up appointment to see if i can get another fill.. :wink2: