Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dont like your pre-op diet? try Isopure!

For the first week I didnt like the Protein Powder I was drinking. It had 220 calories, 25g of carbs and 30g of Protein which was good but I never enjoyed drinking it. Until week 2 I found Isopure! Its a crystal clear liquid whey Protein Drink which taste like watered down juice. Taste similar to gatorade but has MORE FLAVOR and taste way better! It comes in Alpine punch, orange, raspberry blue, grape, melon, and alot more....RASPBERRY BLUE IS THE BEST ONE CAUSE IT TASTE LIKE REGULAR JUICE! Isopure has 120 calories and 40g of protein!!!!!!!! way better then the protein power. And another big advantage is that it has NO CARBS AT ALL! Drinking 1 bottle after working out will get you full. For my 2 meals I drank 2 isopures a day which gave me 240 calories and 80g of protein..And then I drank 1 Protein powder shake and a high protein ensure. All together I think my calorie intake was around 680 and my protein intake was way more then 80g. I walk 2 miles everyday and I lost 13 pounds EASY and will be going into surgury tomorrow! I cannot wait! :) I just wanted to share this drink with everybody just in case you guys arent happy with your pre-op diet.

You can find Isopure at Vitamin Shoppe. 1 bottle cost $3 and some change. You can get a 12 pack for $41..good luck to everybody on your pre-op diet

Edited by MsFab1988

I bought a case of Isopure for my post-op and was not able to handle the taste or the floaties. Just goes to show you just how much different each persons taste is. I don't recommend buying by the case. Buy a couple bottles and try it first.

MsFab19888 -

Thanks for the tip on the Isopure. I haven't tried it yet, but will check it out.

Good luck tomorrow, you'll do just fine! Congrats on the 13 pounds you've already lost! Great job!

T-bonz

I bought the Isopure natural, there are some carbs but the chocolate and vanilla are really good. (I don't like the fake sugar taste of the zero carb) but it mixes well with Water and is fabulous in the blender with milk and some frozen fruit. I also bought the plain one that can go into anything else I am eating or drinking when I need more.

I bought a case of Isopure for my post-op and was not able to handle the taste or the floaties. Just goes to show you just how much different each persons taste is. I don't recommend buying by the case. Buy a couple bottles and try it first.

ur right everybody has different taste buds...And I think theres diff Isopures though. I didnt buy the ones in the BOTTLE I brought the one in the GLASS...which one did u buy?

I had tried it before and liked it because it was something different more than anything! I bought a case of the glass bottles of grape frost and a 6 pack of the Alpine Punch in little bottles from GNC yesterday. It was on sale too!

I also add unflavored whey Protein (not vanilla..unflavored) to Crystal Light or Koolaid (add splenda in place of the sugar), and that is something different too! I liked the bottles of Isopure because it was portable, pricey though, that is for sure!!!

I had tried it before and liked it because it was something different more than anything! I bought a case of the glass bottles of grape frost and a 6 pack of the Alpine Punch in little bottles from GNC yesterday. It was on sale too!

I also add unflavored whey Protein (not vanilla..unflavored) to Crystal Light or Koolaid (add splenda in place of the sugar), and that is something different too! I liked the bottles of Isopure because it was portable, pricey though, that is for sure!!!

Hi sandiegokate:

Does the unflavored Isopure change the taste of the Crystal Lite drinks and how well does it dissolve? Would I need to blend it in my Magic Bullet or can I shake it and be able to drink it without clumps? Also, does it affect the smell of the drinks?

Any information would be helpful since I have two weeks to do my tasting and research before my pre-op diet begins.

Isopure really helped me too after surgery. The Protein Shakes upset my stomach, but the Isopure drinks went down easily. I think they taste best very cold, even frozen!

Thank you for that information. I will try some of them. As for me, everything is done but EKG which is tomorrow and thin (lol) I will be waiting for a call from the office, hopefully, for my surgical date. I pray that your surgery go well and look forward to hearing from you about your progress.

I tried Isopure and it is great! Of course, having 40g of Protein, there is an aftertaste, however it was much better to me than the shakes. I bought Isopure by the case online. Free shipping from GNC.com if you order $60 or more. I bought three cases, because I have two weeks before and three weeks after of only liquids. I am on day 10 of 14 days of my pre-op diet. So far, I am down 14 lbs. Good luck to everyone.

Edited by JawjaGal1

I just went to the Vitamin shop and got 1 bottle of Isopure Alpine Punch flavor. I could not believe how much I liked it! I am beginning my liquid diet in the morning and my surgery date is August 1. I wonder why the cases are so expensive?!

I just went to the Vitamin shop and got 1 bottle of Isopure Alpine Punch flavor. I could not believe how much I liked it! I am beginning my liquid diet in the morning and my surgery date is August 1. I wonder why the cases are so expensive?!

Cuz it tastes good ;o) isn't that always the way. I would prefer to drink one nasty shake a day with as much Protein in a serving vs 2-3 nasty shakes a day to get in what I need that is why I decided to try the Isopure first. And I liked it. The expense vs how many you would have to drink to get the right grams I think balances out the cost really.

I became a GNC Gold Card member ($10). For the first week of each month you save 20%. I more than made up for the cost of the card on my first purchase.

For the first week I didnt like the Protein powder I was drinking. It had 220 calories, 25g of carbs and 30g of Protein which was good but I never enjoyed drinking it. Until week 2 I found Isopure! Its a crystal clear liquid whey Protein Drink which taste like watered down juice. Taste similar to gatorade but has MORE FLAVOR and taste way better! It comes in Alpine punch, orange, raspberry blue, grape, melon, and alot more....RASPBERRY BLUE IS THE BEST ONE CAUSE IT TASTE LIKE REGULAR JUICE!

Hmm..i tried Isopure and couldnt STAND the aftertaste....I managed to drink one bottle..the other is still in my fridge! I did find a Protein (choc) drink at costco that i really liked. Thick, tasty and no aftertaste....

Everyone is definately different!

I went to GNC today to get some Isopure and was so excited they had it on sale, i got 12 bottles , a shaker cup the one with a cool metal ball in side that looks like a spring, and joined the Gold Card Club 15.00 here and spend 41 dollars and some change. Major sale on isopure . I also ordered some nectar flavor samples for 9.99. that is for 11 flavors , i hear they taste like koolaide, without all the calories and real sugar. I will let u all know what i think. I am like alot of you , i can't stand the milky drinks. I start my pre op diet on saturday and have my surgery on August 7,2009.Can't wait