Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you make a 4 oz meal last 30 mins!...lol

Any suggestions are welcome!! If I am at home or reading or working I can do it, but if I am out at a resturant I am finding it extremly hard! I remember from my WW days they told you to concentrate on your meal! I am trying to eat slowly, I guess before my band I inhaled my food, probably without chewing!! :)

This is something I worry about too. I think if I just ount my chews each time... I dont know. Good luck!

I can't do it either, no matter what else I am doing.

If your band is filled right it will take you 30 mins to eat 4oz.

It can take me 30mins to eat 2 chicken nuggets.

When I first got banded I could eat whatever I wanted. Then i got my first fill (3.4cc), I could still eat a lot of food at one time. now after my second fill (im up to 4.6cc) I can barely eat 3 bites and I am stuffed full, like I have eaten a Lg pizza.

If you can eat more than 4oz you might want to see about getting a fill.

I am the same way. I have actually timed myself, even with no restriction I still chew/chew/chew and at a maximum take 20mins, but I figure the 30min rule is really for people who are a couple of fills ahead of me, so I keep doing what I am doing, stop when I am full and enjoy my dinner.< /em>

Something I read or was told (forgot which :) ) Is that when you are eating out, ask them to put half of your meal in a take out box, before they bring it to you. This way, you are tempted to eat less and you have enough for a second meal!

I've anly had one fill. I've noticed a slight difference. But 4 0z filling me up, not happening. I have an apt for a second fill aug 10. Hopefully that will help a bit more.

If your band is filled right it will take you 30 mins to eat 4oz.

It can take me 30mins to eat 2 chicken nuggets.

When I first got banded I could eat whatever I wanted. Then i got my first fill (3.4cc), I could still eat a lot of food at one time. now after my second fill (im up to 4.6cc) I can barely eat 3 bites and I am stuffed full, like I have eaten a Lg pizza.

If you can eat more than 4oz you might want to see about getting a fill.

A normal size portion of any meal is at least 3 oz of Protein (meats or beans), some veggies and a little carbohydrates. If all you can eat is three bites, there is no way your getting a well balanced meal.

I do not suggest to anyone get a fill in this state. It is not a good thing to be too tight, you risk damage to not only your band but your stomach and esophagus.

I'm with you. Except I'm only allowed to eat 2 ounce meals. NO WAY to drag that out for 30 minutes. I just try my best to eat slowly.

I can't seem to do this either. I was told to chew each bite at least 30 times. I either completely lose track, or whatever I'm eating just does not need to be chewed that much. So far it's been really okay. I just try to go as slowly as I can. When I first got banded they said that I needed to drink Water that slowly as well and I could never do it. So far (knock on wood) I haven't had problems with it. No throwing up or PBing or any of that. I've just used that as a measure of whether or not I'm doing okay with it.

My best experiences at restaurants is going with friends. Usually the conversation makes the meal last at least 30 minutes or longer!

I have yet to eat a meal in 30 minutes -- mine goes down MUCH faster -- even though I try. I teach school and when it starts, I can only dream of having a 30 minute lunch. By the time I get the kiddos to lunch and settle down to eat, I get about 20 minutes, max.

I have great restriction. I am full on about 2-3 oz of steak or chicken and stay full 6 hours. And I DO NOT take 30 min to eat. I wasn't told to stretch my meal for 30 minutes. I was told if I was still eating at 30 minutes, to STOP. I agree, if it takes you 30 min to get 2 chicken nuggets down, quit eating nuggets and get an unfill! That's not the point of the band, and you are running the risk of problems down the road, being that tight!

UNLESS--you can eat other foods easily and chicken is the only problem?

I would reconfirm that you are supposed to make a meal last 30....I know we're all different but I do know I wasn't taught that, don't do that, and am losing well.