Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok a friend of mine works at vit. world and told me about these Protein shot. she says they have 49 grams of protein. she said i didn't have to drink it all at once. but it comes in fruity flavors. I wanted to know if anyone has tried these. I am having trouble getting in the protein. i can not stand the Protein Shakes. I have tried several different ones and nope don't like. I think they taste like Water down milk . And i cant stand milk. My mom says even as a baby she could not get me to drink it. "" i don't like it, i don't want it" is what she say I have always said or done and yes as a adult i am still the same way. I am a very picky eater. I would rather stave then eat something i don't like. and believe me i have not ate for days because I didn't like something.. I think thats what got me into this trouble with my weight. I have never over eatten even after not eating for a long time. but starving myself has caused this slow metabolism along with having thyroid issue. anyways i am getting off the subject.Has anyone tried these shots?

hi yes ive tried them i found fruit punch at wal mart with 26 grams of Protein and at GNC i found lemon lime. with 45grams of protein, they are kinda thick, they are ok. and today i took a bottle of Water put the protein shot in it and it tasted like it needed some sugar so i took crystal light (both were fruit punch flavor) and it tasted better, with the Protein Shakes i cant stand them thin so i take Unjury and some sf Jello mix, and maybe some pnut butter and blend it tastes pretty good like a milkshake, you could use sf cappiunco mix, or frozen strawberries it taste better like that hope that helps some. tammy

I'm not sure but I think that for most of us (unless you're a body builder) that much Protein at once is more than you need or would use. I'd aim for about 20 grams per meal. You might also ask your surgeon how much the literature and science he has reviewed suggest you can use at once.

I have the 42 gram vials in grape. I can sip it over the course of the day right from the vial or if I want to thin it out I mix the Protein with G2 Gatorade. A 32oz bottle has a total of 100 calories. The vial of protein has 180 calories. I purchased mine from GNC.< /p>

I've tried the Protein Shots. They are good to have around when you don't feel hungry, but want to get your Protein in. They are less than 4 oz. I add ice cubes to Water it down a bit.

cool thank you guys for responding. I am going tomorrow and getting some. My surg. says he does not care how I get the Protein as long as I get in 80 to 100 grams a day and of course its low in fat. I know I have never got this much protein ever, even we i was skinny (i have only been over weight for the past couple of years i injuried my knee at work on the ambulance and the weight came fast after that)... Its funny how all of a sudden we have to have this much protien... To my understanding it is suppose to make you fill fuller longer. But I was never really hunger before my band I had to make myself eat at least once a day. But at least this will make my body think I am eating three meals a day. so maybe that will help me get my metabolism back working agian....

I drink at least one of these everyday! Mine only have 25g of Protein per shot, but it's still a very effective way to get your protein in.

Man, thanks you guys! I didn't know such a thing existed! I'm two weeks post-op and thankfully, I still don't feel hungry. That's not to say that when I'm around people who are eating (especially foods I like) that I don't feel head hunger, but it goes away after I leave that environment. I do like the Protein Shakes, and I use the Atkins shakes because they have 15g of Protein and only 1g of sugar and 2g net carbs. I'm definitely going to GNC this weekend to get some of these "protein shots". This is why I love this discussion forum! :)

weight.png

hi,

i use IDS New-whey liquid Protein. they come in "test tube" looking vials. they have both 25gm and 42 gms and have about 4-5 flavors. my favorites are the blue raspberry and fruit punch.

these and Protein shakes saved my life while i was losing weight. until i found them i had issues with losing my hair. i would use Protein Shakes but sometimes i couldnt get those down. i still use these when i have a day that i am tight.

i also used them recently when i had plastic surgery to insure my Protein intake was good.

i get mine on A1Supplements.com - Wholesale supplements Nutrition at Low Prices to Build Muscle, Lose Fat with EAS, MuscleTech, BSN and more! but they have a website called :: Innovative Delivery Systems - Welcome to IDS Sports ::

they definitely helped me

good luck

josie

I just ordered a case of 12 for $38.00 from supplementstogo.com

I don't like the taste of them, but I just pour out 1/2 of the vial and do an actual "shot" then just swish Water around in my mouth. That gets rid of the aftertaste. It is a great way to get that amount of Protein in, very quick too! :) I have not been getting in the required amount of Protein, so I will add one of these a days (split in half at a time) and that should bump me back up to where I need to be. It also helps you not crave sweets (my downfall).:)