Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will I Go COMPLETELY Bald?!

Ok...I understand that Hair loss is part of the process but...come on now! Can I lose it all? It's all over the place. I'm almost afraid to comb/brush my hair! Don't get me wrong... I am totally loving losing the pounds but do I wanna be thin and bald too?

No offense to those who have lost their hair for other reasons.

It's not that I am vain..just a little scared. Feel like a boob.

I am soooo with you.

I'm trying not to get too nervous about it...but I'm seriously afraid to brush & wash my hair.

I'm losing tons!

I've asked my doctor and she said it is completely normal and in time it will get better.

P.S.

I take plenty of Vitamins, eat plenty of fresh food (fruits & veggies), and always get my Protein in. Nothing is helping.....

You can try using a Biotin Vitamin supplement. It will help with new Hair growth but it won't stop your hair from falling out.

Just wondering when you started to notice the Hair loss. I am 5 weeks post surgery and haven't noticed any so far.Is it something I still have to look forward to?

Mine started about a month ago. So I was 3mo out.

As far as taking Biotin - I've been doing that since pre-op because I was so paranoid about this issue.

I have not found anything that helps.:frown:

Good Luck.

I was told it is all about the Protein, but my hair is everywhere. I have lost hair before due to hypothyroidism, but it does grow back. Not like before, but most of it. Cancer patients loose all their hair, and it grows back eventually. When you lose weight, your body gets rid of things taking up nutrients (like when schools get rid of the art programs when the money runs out). But when your weight loss slows down and you level out, it will grow back. Just take your vits and protein.

Thanks to all of you, I appreciate the responses & advice.

I am 3 months post op and I noticed significant loss about 2 weeks ago!

I started losing my hair in May (2 months post op). I'm glad to know I'm not the only one out there. I'm only 25 years old, and it's making it hard to diet knowing that my hair is falling out because my body thinks it's starving. UGH!

Mine started falling out a lot in late May/early June (5 months post op) and finally stopped last week. You can't see that I've lost a lot of hair, it still looks normal. It feels like my pony tail is a little thinned out (but that could be in my head). It is scary but there is nothing you can really do for the loss (once its started your body is already working to fix it).

Remember we normally lose about 100 strands of hair a day anyway and we are not bald :thumbdown:

I'm am currently going through round TWO of Hair loss. I'm so upset. At 5 monts out I lost a LOT of hair. It went on for a good while and then slowed, but no new Hair growth. FINALLY it started growing back at about 13 months out. Didn't last long. At 17 months out it started AGAING. It's also getting dull, brittle and dry. I used to have such thick, soft hair. It was fine, but I had a lot of it. I couldn't pull it all back in regular barrette. Now, if I put a barette in it, it just falls right out. It hangs in lifeless thin little sad wisps. I look horrible. I've been taking Biotin since I was 5 months out. No interruptions. I eat PLENTY of Protein. I only eat fresh fruit and veggies, I take extra Calcium, Vitamin D, and a chewable Multi-Vitamin daily. I've had blood tests run last week and my CBC and thyroid tests all came back perfect and normal. I'm healthy as a horse. But I am also having a big problem with vertigo, fatigue and diarreah now as well. I even developed a rash on my arm. I've been prescribed two different creams and neither of them worked. The rash has now left a nasty scar on my arm. I KNOW there is something wrong with me, and two doctors now have failed to take this seriously. couldn't care less. I don't know what to do.

Aubrie-

I hope they find what is wrong.

Are you going to your Lapband Dr. or your regular physcian?

Maybe try the other one....

Good Luck-

Malissa

My hair started falling out about 3 months after surgery. I have had my band over a year now and my hair is still falling out. It will get better for awhile and then start falling out again. I am afraid it is just all going to come out one day.

My hair began to fall out around 4mo post op and continued falling out for about 4 more months. I'm 9 mo. post op now and my hair is begining to grow back ( I have new hair sprouting out all over my head)so just hang in there. It does get better.:)

Okay, now I am really scared... my hair is long... to my butt... Its gonna break my heart if I lose it...