Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else banded with no fill?

I was banded with no fill and I am starving. Has anyone else been banded with no fill and how are you doing?

Yup! I was banded with no fill. My surgeon says he likes to take it nice and slow in the beginning to make healing go smooth.

I felt restriction for the first week or two after surgery but after that I was fairly hungry. My surgeon's advice, don't expect to loose, but try not to gain.

Once you get a fill you'll slowly start to feel the difference. I'm 8 most post-surgery and just had my 4th fill yesterday -- as you can see I've steadly lost weight, but I'm finally feel true restriction.

Don't worry. It will come.

thanks for that. I'm so hungry and yesterday started eating. Today I realized that I can eat anything. That is not good, my willpower is questionable (to say the least). I will get my first fill in about 1 1/2 weeks.

No fill here during surgery- so the hungries set in for me about 1 and 1/2 weeks out. Today I had my fourth fill and am almost to 5 cc's. I am not sure how I reacted to the 4th fill because I am on liquids for 48 hrs. This phase you are in can be difficult but trust the process and you will get there. Some dr's are more aggressive with fills, some not so aggressive (like mine). It is so hard not to compare yourself with other people who are banded- how much have they lost? How many cc's do they have? etc. etc. I would recommend you follow the behaviors of those that have done really well as that is all you can really control :thumbup: Measure your food and practice, practice, practice eating slow, taking small bites, and chewing really well. Eat healthy Snacks in between your small meals that likely won't satiate you for the 4-5 hrs that they will one day. Get exercising and you will be on your way to have a really good handle on things once you do reach restriction. Yes- you probably can eat just about anything right now and if you do you won't lose as much as you might have if you had followed the "rules". It isn't easy and you don't really have the band working for you right now but you will get through this!

thanks Contemplating. That makes me feel better and I will get back on the horse and settle down. I thought, OMG this isn't working, everyone talks about how little they could eat, sliming, etc and here I am wolfing down an IN-and-Out

I could wolf down In- and - Out also but after my third fill it started to hurt when I took the first few bites so I figured that was a good sign that I was moving towards restriction. So things will change as you start to get fills- it can just be a long process which I didn't really have a handle on prior to surgery. So I now have to eat slower and chew more but the amount I could consume didn't change. I am 2 and 1/2 months out now and if I could do it again I would hope that I would have made better food choices since starting back on solids- so if you can make better choices really try and do so. It can be a really difficult head game to play- knowing that you don't have restriction and CAN eat just about anything and balancing that with knowing what is recommended that you eat and choosing the right direction. The truth is that one day you won't be able to eat whatever you want and what a shocker that is going to be if you don't spend this time practicing and getting ready and the only downside being losing more weight!!! Trust this process and keep asking questions and receiving support and time will fly.

I didn't have a fill at surgery, and have only had one so far. It was at 4 weeks out and I don't know how much they put in, but it was a small amount. I have slimmed, bp'ed, and gotten stuck! I have a major fear of all of these and am holding back from another fill. If I take my time I can get lots of food down. I just realized about a week ago that I eat what's on my plate. So . . . . measure it, eat only that and I feel fine. Hunger has not been an issue for me. I started out at 240, surgery early March and I am at 188 now. I am so very pleased with how I feel and look. I am bad with some of my choices, what and how much. The other thing for me is that I must LISTEN to my body. When it says full, STOP, when it says slow down STOP!!!! If I did what I should, another 10-15 lbs. would already be gone.

I didn't have any fill at the time of surgery (I have Realize Band). I was banded about 3.5 weeks ago. Since surgery I have lost 10 pounds (most of it came of in the first 2 weeks post-op...not much has happened in the last week or so). Altogether including preop diet, I have dropped 30 pounds.

I haven't had any real issues with hunger, but I do get the desire to eat out of habit. I have been trying to stick to under 1000 calories a day (consisting of primarily protein) and have mostly been landing in that range. The next step for me is to begin exercising. My first fill is July 28th and I am really excited. My doctor said he usually begins with anywhere from 3 cc's up to 6 cc's depending on the person I guess. I can't feel my port and Im paranoid it flipped. Im hoping that is not the case...

No fill here, and I am scheduled for my first fill next week. I can't wait because I tell you, I am wanting to eat everything.

Today I had 1/3 of a chicken breast with some spag sauce. NO Pasta, even thought I wanted it, NO GARLIC ROLL, even though I wanted it. But I did have my tea, we were at my favorite resturaunt.

I also had 4 oz cottage cheese for lunch, and then I had some granola with yogurt for dinner. i really wasn't hungry, but I knew i needed to have something.

I really have to make myself drink the Protein but i am so sick of it, that I really don't want it. I am buying a new magic bullet set this weekend since my cups have all disappeared, then i can at least make smoothies with the protein, and maybe get it down more.

I was banded with no fill. I think that is more the norm, than the exception. Yesterday I had my first fill. I was going to postpone it, as I really haven't been hungry, but decided to go ahead with it. The NP put in 4cc. Since then, I feel the same as I did after surgery, with any discomfort. I have no desire to eat or even drink anything.

I has no idea where my port was - probably too much belly fat. LOL. I had single incision surgery, so there is no separate port incision. The NP knew exactly where to find it & then had me to a crunch, so it would pop up more for me to feel it. Its a few inches from my navel. I guess its a good thing I can't find it on my own, as I probably would be poking at it all the time.

Hello! Thanks for the great info. I have the Realize band and I haven't had a fill yet. I too am hungry and feel confused about what is going on. I am grateful for all the nice people here! It feels good not to be alone :thumbup:

Banded June 30th no fill, I think I've been hungry since I woke up from surgery..but i have really been trying not to eat as much as I think I could...have only been on blenderized for two days that is helping the hunger alot,I haven't been sick at my stomach yet and am trying to avoid that,could anyone tell me what they ate on the blenderized diet..

I was banded on the 30th too. I only had to do one week of the liq clear/full diet for a week on the seventh day i start purred/mushie food. my surg told me that i could have whatever my family was eating. he even said i did not have to put it in the blender as long as it chew it till it was runny in the mouth before swallowing. now dont get me wrong i have stayed away from bread and red meat and sweets ( i really dont like them anyway except for the sweets) but i take very small bites and chew till runny. My band was not filled and is still not filled, I wont see my dr till 6weeks after surg. It may take me forever to eat but that really is a good thing, i am eating less than the 3-4 oz and realizing i am full.

omg this makes me think twice about having the lap-b. My brother had it n he also has not lost any weight n he has had a fill but at forth of july it din't stop him from eating alot so this is making me think twice if it's even worth having it, soooo confused. Yesssssss on one hand n a lil no on the other hand. lol I still have a couple of months before my insurance allows me to have it so guess I will decide bout that time:) Good luck with the weight loss.

I have just been banded with no fill 2 days ago and I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Is this normal??? :thumbup: