Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some encouragement from you!

Okay so I had my surgery on December 15th and I have lost 54 pounds so far, which is great! However the past 3 months I have been losing and gaining the same 5lbs and I am getting really frustrated! I feel like I should have lost a whole lot more by now, and I kind of feel like a failure almost! When I was a senior in high school I lost 120 lbs in 7months, and I had this surgery and have lost only 50 in the same amount of time. Granted in high school i didn't do it the right way, but still you know what I mean.

Basically, I just wanted to get some food and exercise advice. I am following the weight watchers plan and working out 2-3 times a week..depending on how busy I am with school and work and everything else!

Would anyone like to be my accountability partner? I think that would help me out a lot if I could find one.

Please be nice and remember that we are here to support each other.

Thanks so much!

Roxy

Hi Roxy,

There are a couple of things that could have led to your plateau.

First, when was the last time you had a fill? It sounds to me like you might need an adjustment. I would schedule a fill ASAP. Even if its a small one, it might be what you need to push yourself over the edge and starting losing weight again.

Also, I know weight watchers is a great tool to follow - my mom and sister both do it, and so half the time I end up eating the same things they eat. Just be careful if you are eating a lot of those weight watchers meals - they are loaded in sodium and can cause you to retain lots of Water - they are great in a pinch, but definitely not good for every day.

Make sure you are drinking lots of Water and eating Protein, especially while you are working out.

Make sure you're not ingesting "liquid calories" like juice, sugary drinks, or ice cream in large quantities. I know I have juice for Breakfast usually, but otherwise its water and crystal light for me.

If all else fails, call your doctor. There might be something more serious going on, but I suspect its one of those things.

Keep up the good work and stay positive :thumbup:

Okay so I had my surgery on December 15th and I have lost 54 pounds so far, which is great! However the past 3 months I have been losing and gaining the same 5lbs and I am getting really frustrated! I feel like I should have lost a whole lot more by now, and I kind of feel like a failure almost!

You know... we should probably be LBT accountability buddies. I'm gonna PM you my contact information. I was banded 12/30/2008 and have lost about 50ish lbs. I started at 306 and weighed 255.4 last Monday. Tomorrow I weigh in again to see how these past two weeks of exercise have helped. :)

I know exactly what you mean about kinda feeling like a failure. My mother was banded 03/11/08 and has gone from a 24 to a 6. Until I started to exercise (a whopping two weeks ago, cos I'd been a total slack-ass) she would question every time I ordered at restaurants or went snooping around the kitchen. And even now, if I tell her I made a pizza and that I had 3/4ths of a slice for lunch and two slices for dinner, she interrupts with, "You ate the whole thing." LMFAO WHAT?! Since when is 2.75 slices of pizza a whole pie?! :huh2:

When I was a senior in high school I lost 120 lbs in 7months, and I had this surgery and have lost only 50 in the same amount of time. Granted in high school i didn't do it the right way, but still you know what I mean.

120 lbs in 7 months?! Did you quit eating?! :blink:

Change things up! If your only doing one type of exercise, try something else. If you're having too few calories, have a few more etc. I haven't been banded yet but I know my body tries to cheat, I have to change up the exercise routine to be successful.

Are you snacking at all? This could be where your trouble lies. Have you been journaling everything?

But I agree with the other ladies, you should check with your doc and schedule a fill.