Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

There was a time when... pre-band...I could eat about anything(except of course those critters on some of those

island reality shows!).

My 1 st fill is tomorrow, but I do find that I have a small bit of restriction even without it.

However, I find that some things which I used to find tempting are absolutely disgusting once I get a taste ..at times.

This afternoon I settled in to eat a nice Italian Pasta lunch, put one forkful in my mouth, got nauseous at the very taste and spit it out. The entire thing is out in the garbage.

At other times I have scrambled eggs for Breakfast or lunch and I love them. The next day it is impossible to even stand the smell! (no, I am way past menopause, just in case you're wondering LOL)

Any one else have a strange appetite now that you are banded?

Well, I can tell you that I experienced something over the weekend that I never thought would ever happen in my lifetime. I took a bite of corn on the cob (sweet corn) and it was TOO SWEET! :eek: ME??? Say something was too sweet???? Never. Well, since giving up refined sugar when I got banded, I guess my tastebuds have changed! OMG!:) So, what did I do? I salted it down and ate it. LOL :blush: It was quite nice then. :blush:

I am glad that my tastes are changing, though! :thumbup:

Anything with real sugar in it. The DH and I got some brownies from a restaurant that screwed our order up, I went to take a taste and spit it out. I had Ice cream on the 4th and though I ate the whole thing (I'm sick, and I thought it would at least soothe my throat) I was sooo ill afterwards.

I went to take a sip of some coca cola that had been out for at least an hour, and almost puked, it tasted raunchy... AND I'M THE COCA COLA KID!!!!! I've just found that anything that has sugar in it, like real sugar makes me nausious. I never really had a sweet tooth to begin with, but I haven't had real sugar in about 3 months, Everything has been diet or Equal. Heavy foods aren't too pleasing to me either. I've been eating a lot of salad with grilled chicken because that seems to be my safety zone. I'm a picky eater to begin with, so it just got like 15X's more complicated lol.

And my b-day is next week and the DH keeps asking me what my fav. Cake is, I have a feeling I'm going to be picking up a Gleuton/Sugar free vegan cake so I can eat something.

I'm with you, Sarah, on the homemade ice cream on the 4th. It was way too sweet (but I loved it anyway). I don't think I can eat mushrooms anymore, scrambled eggs are not that good anymore. With my diet plan, I'm not allowed to eat salad yet nor Pasta or rice. GB

Pasta & rice have been my saving graces. I don't eat mushrooms lol, I just never liked them, they used to creep me out when I was little, so I avoid them at all costs! and if I have something with them in it, I pick them out and give em to the DH. I AM THAT PERSON that asks for a second plate to pick things out of my food to put on the side. I've been a server before, so I know How obnoxious it is to alter an order. So I order as is, and pick.

Rice has been tricky though. I PB'd some spanish rice and Beans last night, and I've read on a few surgeons websites that rice is to be avoided, My doc says it's just fine.

Have you had Pastina yet? since your on mushies, Pastina should be fine. I alternated with Pastina with some butter, and Polenta with salsa & cheese. I survived!

My body as gotten use to only healthy foods now....Low fat, low sodium, low sugar etc...I actually experienced something I never thought would happen. It was my B-day and went out to eat at PF Changs...I got my fav which is twice cooked noodles. Well the food was fantastic however a few hours after eating it my blood pressure went up, I got a headache and felt horrible. This last for 24 hours. Later that week I went to the doc and asked him and he said the sodium in the food caused it. When you body gets used to certain things and something drastically changes for example the high sodium you will feel it. So yes I refuse to eat certain things because I know my body will actually feel the physical effects of it. Dont need that junk anyway...I am sticking to what I know makes me feel good. Healthy foods!

With me it's potatoes. I have been having a small one in the micro every day to get in my potassium to balance with the meds I take for Blood Pressure.

I tried rice pre-fill and it was ok.

I mentioned to the P's Assistant on tues about the distasteful feeling I get at times and she said that Banders begin to feel that way especially when food is nuked in the micro. A film coats the food and we are sensitive to the texture and taste. I do notice, though, that my buds are more sensitive and I am more picky in my taste than before. I could eat anything pre-band.

I am changing for the better.

Now to get more weight off me.

I was just looking online at the summer clearance sales and decided to wait it out until late summer to get a whole NEW WARDROBE!!! Yay! Now that's looking ahead!

Congrats bearbandit on your 110 lb loss!

I hear you about the B Pressure.

I had beef broth(neglected to see that it did not say 'low sodium') after my fill and one taste told me I was going to be in trouble.

I woke up Wed morning with squirrel cheeks and feeling like I weighed 20 lbs heavier,not to mention groggy and hung over! All from the sodium in the broth after watching my intake for months. Salt is deadly.

As for sugar..I tried an oatmeal packet and it was so sweet I have to dump the whole lot.

I always detested the taste of splenda, but now I am used to it and it is my sweetener of preference, although I don;t use it on much.

Aspertame and the stuff in Crystal Light tastes like chemicals straight out of the lab to me. I feel like I am being poisoned when I drink the stuff. Even sugar free popsicles leave that chemical aftertaste.

I must say, though...I am SOOO wanting a rootbeer popsical now after starting the popsicle treat after surgery...childhood reminders I imagine. But I gotta get just ONE. (I hope it doesn't turn into the desire for a creamsicle and a fudgesicle too LOL)

I ramble. Good to read the posts.

Singin' Weight watchers makes a Low fat creamsicle, and they aren't that bad- The DH can not tell the difference, Thats how I know what has been successful in getting my household healthy with me (except my son b/c he needs to gain weight- he only absorbs 2% of the fat he ingests) Believe it or not, the weight watchers line of products have been little saviors to me, because they are low fat, low sodium high Protein and Fiber, the cheeses are REALLY good, and they melt beautifully. So next time your in the supermarket, I suggest looking to se if your local one carries the ww ice creams..... I recomend!

Not only will I look tht up, but the other products also! Thanks, sarahbelzzz

BTW, The box comes with 6, 3 Wildberry cream, and 3 orange, I actually just tasted the berry one, it was as good as the orange... I hope your search is successful, because believe me, It feels good eating melted (and Ice cream) cheese without feeling guilty :tongue_smilie: