Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hear ya! I got sick and threw up all my Protein Shakes and it took a week before I was able to even stand the smell of them again. Now that I am on soft foods I get my Protein elsewhere. But I was on PRO 5 and they were soooooo good! The chocolate was nice. Tasted just like chocolate milk. OR I put Peanut Butter in my vanilla ones. Or get "Any Whey" protein and its a powder you can put in pudding or anything really. Good luck!

I hate them all too. I actually never drank a single one post op and still haven't. The least horrible tasting one was muscle milk light, but to me it's still gross.

I have found that unjury is really good. I mix some Peanut Butter into the chocolate one and that is very tasty. I also like to add some instant coffee to change the flavor, as well. They even make a chicken Soup that has 21 grams of Protein but only 90 calories. That is a comforting switch from the shakes.

One tip that I found that also helps is about the foam. When I would blend the shakes they get so foamy that the consistancy, post the surgery, made it really hard to get them down. Sipping foam was hard to do. So I let them sit for about a minute and then pour slowly using a blade of a knife to keep the foam in the cup. That way you just get mostly a smooth drink and no foam. I found that it helps.

I was going to also recommend Muscle Milk Light (be sure to get the "light" brand). The others were very hard for me to tolerate, mostly because the smell grossed me out. But I actually enjoy the chocolate Muscle Milk Light.

I actually really like the NECTOR brand that's online! strawberry Kiwi is my favorite!

I got my first fill last week and had to go back to liquids for 2 days. I stopped by GNC and they had a couple of flavors of Isopure on sale. I bought them and they got me through the 2 days. They are more like drinking watered down gatorade than the powdered Protein. They are expensive, but well worth it when you can't take in food!

Good luck!

Try the nectar by Syntrax...they have alot of flavors and you can order samples to see which you prefer...alot of them are more like juice than the milky type shake. They mix completely with just a stir so no blender needed..The lemonade one is so good I could not tell I was drinking protein!

I use Lean Body for Her by Labrada. They come in three flavors: Soft Ice Cream chocolate, Soft Ice Cream Vanilla, and Soft Ice Cream strawberry. I have both Chocolate and Vanilla. Now I don't confuse these for soft serve ice cream, but I dont find them gritty. AND they have 30 grams of Protein in each serving. So that would really help me get in my protein for the day. I also use it in my Magic Bullet and mix it with ice. So its more of a "frappe/milkshake" (again, its not fooling me). I highly recommend them.:)

I use GNC Protein Powder, mixed with ice and a cup of milk. I put it in my Magic Bullet and it is very yummy. I still have them for Breakfast every morning. You can make them very thick with the ice and there is no foam. The banana is good and the chocolate is tasty too. I do add a little more than one scoop. So far I have lost 56 pounds, so I must be doing something right. My surgery was 10 Feb 2009. Good luck!

I hate..hate...hate..hated the Protein Shakes also. I had to rely on skim milk to get me through the healing phase. I tried at least a dozen different brands and wasted a lot of money. Now I just work to get my Protein with real food.< /p>

If there is a Vitimin Shoppe near you, they have the Isopure fruity drinks that are 40 grams of Protein made by Nature's Best. They are not shakes but actually juice like and taste pretty good. I wouldnt be hungry after one and they are resonable priced. I throw my powder protein in the trash after I found them.

I found that it was whey Protein that I didn't like. I couldn't handle the taste, and mixing them with milk just seemed to make them even more terrible.

So I decided to do away with both of those things and go to soy Protein. Which sounds terrible, but it's really quite excellent. I use Spirutein Proteins (vanilla is my favorite) and instead of mixing with normal milk I use Silk Very Vanilla soymilk. I have a magic bullet and I mix 2 ice cubes, fill with soymilk and a packet of protein and blend. I promise I'm not lying when I say I think it tastes as good to me as a milkshake. Probably it's mostly to do with the "very vanilla" flavor of the protein. Now I can drink it as a dessert or treat.

It's less protein than whey per scoop (generally), but you should be getting protein from foods now and it should only be a supplement from time to time. I really suggest you consider it may be the whey taste you don't like. And I guarantee you 100% that the quality of the product plays a huge role in it. You definitely get what you pay for and can't buy your protein just anywhere. That's my personal opinion at least.

Hope you find something you like !

LOL! I guess this goes to show you are just going to have to try a few and see what you can take! I find the Isopure intolerable...way too syrupy, and I just can't stomach them, and I love Gatorade drinks. I wish I liked them, b/c they are chock full of Protein. I will have to try the magic bullet, though!