Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cracker Barrel?

I am going to Florida next week. My favorite restraunt is Cracker Barrel. What is there to eat that is lap band friendly? I usually like chicken and dumplings.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

We love Cracker Barrel too! Nearest one is 2.5 hours away so whenever we travel, we make sure to go there. I was looking at their menu and it looks like they have some good choices for a bandster. I also remember reading somewhere that any age person can order from the kids menu for a smaller portion.

Here is a link to their menu chicken Dinners - Roast Beef Dinners - chicken n Dumplins from Cracker Barrel

When I go there I get their egg beaters and turkey sausage. I find that works for me and its something I know I can eat when I'm out. :)

Went there on the 4th when my family was in from California. I had eggs and bacon. I was very happy. Everyone else had pancakes :). Its okay, I've had about 40 lbs of pancakes in my life and look where its gotten me.

JulieM

I can so relate to what you are saying. At least we can eat with our family and friends there and still make healthy choices :)

We also eat there a couple times of month. I cannot do eggs anymore in any shape or form. So I order the kids shrimp with pinto Beans as a side. It's 7 popcorn shrimp and about 1/2 c. pinto beans. I asked my the nutritionist at my doc's office about this meal and she said even though the shrimp are fried it's very high Protein and a very good choice. Interestingly, I've never had anyone question when I order this kids meal. Probably done it about 10 times.

I love Cracker Barrel. I really watch what i eat all week and then reward myself on saturdays with one blueberry pancake and some bacon. It gives me something to look foward to. :)

LazyLoops - That is great that you reward yourself like that. I bet it must taste awesome =)

It's nice to be able to look forward to a yummy food like that.

Cracker Barrel doesn't publish nutritional information unfortunately, but this is on their website as suggestions for people watching calories, hope it helps someone:

• Turkey sausage is offered as an alternative to regular sausage.

• Entree salads are available on the menu.

• Grilled chicken and Grilled Fish are available as meat selections for Country dinner Plates.

• Promise® spread is available as an alternative to butter.

• Egg Beaters® are available on the Breakfast menu and can be substituted on any breakfast at no additional charge.

• oatmeal is available on the menu.

• Apple Bran Muffins are available as a bread choice.

• Decaffeinated Hot Tea and coffee are available as additional beverages.

• Fresh Bananas and Raisins are available.

• Low Fat Milk and Skim Milk are available.

• Our orange juice, grapefruit juice, and apple cider are all pure, with no additives or added sugars.

• Special K, Wheaties, and Cheerios are included in our dry Cereal offering.

• Fat Free Thousand Island, Fat Free Ranch, Fat Free Honey Mustard, and Fat Free Italian dressings are available.

• Sweet & Low, Splenda and Equal are available on each table.

• Low Calorie fruit Spread is available.

• sugar free Syrup is available.

• Diet Root Beer as well as Diet Coke are available.

• Boiled chicken Tenders are not printed on the menu, but are available upon request.

• No Sugar Added Apple Pie and No Sugar Added vanilla Ice Cream are available.

My partner and I drove to FL two weeks ago, and found so much was breaded, but I did have some meatloaf and hashbrown casserole, and another time had eggs. We like Waffle House alot when travelling south, I was wondering if I could do the waffle, and with little tiny bites it worked ok putting eggs over easy on top and letting the yolk run. They have the thinnest, crispy bacon. Their cheese omlette is also wonderful.